SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#120315 - 10/29/03 03:40 PM Halloween & Holidays R U Dressed up to Play? or......
Dnj Offline

Well the Holidays are upon us..plus thru the year there are many more that we perform at. I personally hate to dress in some kind of costume. I feel stupid and for the most part I cannot sing & play songs and put my heart into it when I have a silly DAVEY CROCKET, ABE LINCOLN, NAPOLEON, or other Wild Hat on...or an ELVIS WIG, Vampire Cape, Big Mickey Mouse Ears, Bumble Bee Antennas w/Lites, Dracula Makeup w/Fangs, or wearing Hawaiian Leis, Cowboy Hats, etc etc... on a hot day I'll go for shorts and a Tropical print shirt for a pool party, but thats it. I am most comfortabe dressed formal TUX, or Tux w/vest only open shirt combo. I feel better and comfortable. Anything on my head or around my neck bothers my singing/playing style. I'm not a circus act. I was wondering how you felt about "Dressing in Costume etc " while playing Holiday/Theme parties out there?

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 10-30-2003).]

#120316 - 10/29/03 04:09 PM Re: Halloween & Holidays R U Dressed up to Play? or......
rattley Offline

Loc: Punta Gorda Florida USA
Since I have only played a few Old Folks Home gigs I wear wild sportscoats like Rob Roddy did..........Sorry to hear he just passed away. I guess I'll have to look at Rip Taylors wardrobe! Don't laugh...........The old folks love it!
...........so I guess I'm always dressed for Halloween. - charley

#120317 - 10/29/03 04:49 PM Re: Halloween & Holidays R U Dressed up to Play? or......
Dnj Offline

Charlie.....are they custom made jackets?

#120318 - 10/29/03 05:58 PM Re: Halloween & Holidays R U Dressed up to Play? or......
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Donny, dress up as Humperdink, then you will feel at home..

#120319 - 10/29/03 11:17 PM Re: Halloween & Holidays R U Dressed up to Play? or......
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
I'm playing with my band at the Tree House in Simi Valley on Halloween and I know the rest of the band will be wearing something weird even if it's just a wig or a hat. I am not that big on constumes myself but I guess I had better think of something before Friday. Hmmmm ......

And as we are playing in Simi Valley which is still fighting off the wildfires I guess we should provide some sort of distraction on Halloween to help ease the tension there.

#120320 - 10/30/03 05:16 AM Re: Halloween & Holidays R U Dressed up to Play? or......
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
Our drummer is going to dress-up and go as a musician.

Tom

#120321 - 10/30/03 05:48 AM Re: Halloween & Holidays R U Dressed up to Play? or......
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Nigel .... the "Blues Bros" look always works for guitar players .... shades, fadora(hat)single button, dark suit jacket. Looks cool, and is comfy to play in! You gan go on a "Mission from God !"

#120322 - 10/30/03 06:20 AM Re: Halloween & Holidays R U Dressed up to Play? or......
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I just wear the tux, but put a lighted skull on one of the speakers.

Cheers,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#120323 - 10/30/03 06:29 AM Re: Halloween & Holidays R U Dressed up to Play? or......
Dnj Offline

I'm not just talking about Halloween...but costumes in general for all ocasions!

#120324 - 10/30/03 04:14 PM Re: Halloween & Holidays R U Dressed up to Play? or......
rattley Offline

Loc: Punta Gorda Florida USA
Dnj...............These sportscoats were bought used and some were probably originally custom made. They weren't bought off a rack at JC Penney! I'm only 44, but a large section of the population here are retirees. I'm sure as they pass on their belongings end up in the Senior Centers to sell for charity. I did buy 1 classic black and white tuxedo that fit perfectly for $20.
There are tons of red blazers for sale at $5......can't give those away!

#120325 - 10/30/03 04:22 PM Re: Halloween & Holidays R U Dressed up to Play? or......
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I wish I had a pencil thin mustache
The Boston Blackie kind
A two-toned Rici Ricardo jacket
and an autograpned picture of Andy Devine
I can be anyone I want to be
Maybe suave Earl Flynn or the Sheik of Arribe
If I only had a pencil thin mustache
then I could do some cruisin' too

Jimmy Buffett

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online