SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#12017 - 11/24/98 07:31 AM Ensoniq ARS X (Pro) vs AKAI MPC2000
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hello,

I want to buy a groove box, and I am really interested in the ASR X pro with its Stomper synth section and its very phat sounds. But I want to know if the user interface of the ASR X (Pro) is also powerfull than the Akai's.
On the one hand I want to have flexibility to remix and rearrange sequences quickly and intuitively using sampling of several patterns of the sequence.
And on the other hand I know that in Akai MPC2000 there is one feature really interresting in. You have one mode to do a repetition of a single note at a given quantization (chosen in the main menu)when you hold on a pad. This feature is really powerfull to make Hiphop or jungle music.
So, is this feature exists in the ASR X Pro?
If not, what can I do to emulate this feature (without using resampling)?
Musicians, what do you prefer between ASR X and Akai MPC2000?

#12018 - 11/25/98 11:57 PM Re: Ensoniq ARS X (Pro) vs AKAI MPC2000
stjoint Offline

Loc: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Hi, Michael. I'm Mariano, from Buenos Aires, Argentina. In my countrie, we don't have the possibilities for the AKAI samplers. I've got an ASR-X, and I'm very happy with it. I can load perfectly the AKAI CD-ROMs, but I think, if you only want a sampler, the AKAI is UNIVERSAL, you understand?
Ensoniq has only 33 or 66 mega of RAM. With other sampler you can take 128 mega...
But for a groove machine, the ASR-X is indcreible and amazing.
By and good luck.

#12019 - 12/04/98 08:25 AM Re: Ensoniq ARS X (Pro) vs AKAI MPC2000
Dave Offline

Loc: sweden
I like to know aswell.
I´ve got an s2000 and i think that the s2000´s userinterface sucks, kills my creativity.
So tell my the greatnesses about the of the mpc2000/asr-x(pro).

#12020 - 12/04/98 08:27 AM Re: Ensoniq ARS X (Pro) vs AKAI MPC2000
Dave Offline

Loc: sweden
One more thing, check this page!!
http://www.protolab.com/akai.html

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online