SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#120072 - 08/31/06 05:14 PM Re: Beacon from Anchoraudio, Better Than Bose PAS?
RobertG Offline

Loc: Southeastern PA, USA
I looked at it again. Says it has a battery. Don't need to plug in?

It says if you get feedback when using a mic get further away from the unit. They don't show it with a performer in front of the unit like the Bose demos. I wonder if Bose has some anti-feedback circuitry that this does not.

#120073 - 08/31/06 05:47 PM Re: Beacon from Anchoraudio, Better Than Bose PAS?
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
One of the best aspects of using the Bose is I have never experienced any feedback using the Crown 311-A or the Samson Q7 mics--even when performing just a few feet from the tower. I think I'll stick with the Bose. It has an excellent track record.

Cheers,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#120074 - 08/31/06 07:33 PM Re: Beacon from Anchoraudio, Better Than Bose PAS?
tcon Offline

Loc: Pinellas Park.Florida. usa
I get the impession that it is designed more for public speaking than performing.If I am wrong I would love to hear it or at least get some reviews.

#120075 - 09/01/06 01:14 AM Re: Beacon from Anchoraudio, Better Than Bose PAS?
Flavie Offline

Loc: Ontario - Canada
Hi all!
I do not know about the Beacon system, but I have had the chance to use the smallest product of the Anchor line: the AN 130 basic monitors. They are of an excellent built quality and the sound is extremely good for such a small plastic cabinet. Therefore extrapolating, I assume that the Beacon system must be definitely worth the money. This brand is professional quality oriented. I would love to hear the Beacon system. Two of them and you might not need anything else ever.

www.fantasyband.ro

[This message has been edited by Flavie (edited 09-01-2006).]

#120076 - 09/01/06 06:08 PM Re: Beacon from Anchoraudio, Better Than Bose PAS?
hitman Offline

Loc: VA/ USA
Wow, this is like a dream come true compared to my Mackie SA1521's.
I just don't quite think that it's intended for instrument sound reproduction! I'm kind of sceptical about the sound quality!

#120077 - 09/01/06 06:52 PM Re: Beacon from Anchoraudio, Better Than Bose PAS?
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
I called AVguy.com, 1-866-462-8489, regarding what kind of return policy they had on the Beacon 6000. Their reply was whatever was provided by the manufacturer. I then called Anchor Audio, 1-800-784-2300, where I was told that a demo model could be provided through a retailer for a 30 trial.

My gut feel is that this unit sounds very good, tho not as good as the Bose, but it's setup and teardown time being much easier and quicker. Obviously, my gut feel is not good enough. Somebody, preferably some one who owns or has access to the Bose PAS, has to give this baby a listen. It looks good.

A web search shows the unit is also carried by others, including B&H Photo and AudioLink.

Glenn

#120078 - 09/02/06 06:01 AM Re: Beacon from Anchoraudio, Better Than Bose PAS?
ViLo Offline

Loc: Dallas Tx., USA
Quote:
Originally posted by GlennT:
I called AVguy.com, 1-866-462-8489, regarding what kind of return policy they had on the Beacon 6000. Their reply was whatever was provided by the manufacturer. I then called Anchor Audio, 1-800-784-2300, where I was told that a demo model could be provided through a retailer for a 30 trial.

My gut feel is that this unit sounds very good, tho not as good as the Bose, but it's setup and teardown time being much easier and quicker. Obviously, my gut feel is not good enough. Somebody, preferably some one who owns or has access to the Bose PAS, has to give this baby a listen. It looks good.

A web search shows the unit is also carried by others, including B&H Photo and AudioLink.

Glenn

I'm a member of a small church las t month or so, our system was stolen, the following week, the air conditioning units were stolen, the following week, movie projector, keyboards, mics etc...[no broken windows, no forced doors??]...

Anyway, this system will be ideal, to set up, pick up and go...

------------------
www.tagworld.com/vicentelopez

HE'S COMING, MAKE MUSIC, GET READY! smile

#120079 - 09/02/06 11:24 AM Re: Beacon from Anchoraudio, Better Than Bose PAS?
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Quote:
Originally posted by ViLo:
I'm a member of a small church las t month or so, our system was stolen, the following week, the air conditioning units were stolen, the following week, movie projector, keyboards, mics etc...[no broken windows, no forced doors??]...

Ummmm, sounds like someone in the congregation may not be completely saved yet.

#120080 - 09/02/06 06:17 PM Re: Beacon from Anchoraudio, Better Than Bose PAS?
ViLo Offline

Loc: Dallas Tx., USA
Quote:
Originally posted by cgiles:
Ummmm, sounds like someone in the congregation may not be completely saved yet.

We are renting a very old church from a Methodist conference[they are not gathering there enymore],we been renting for over 10 years, another congregation comes in and starting renting the church 3 nonths ago, that's when we started "loosing" our stuff, they told us they bought the church......[we found out they were lying] NOw the Methodist got in contact with us and we are buying it.

Is funny that they [the other congregation]
[we gather on Sarturday's they do it on Sunday's] notified us of the robberings 3 days after.We are not saying they did it but.......

Anyway, we are buying new equipment now, and wating for the approval and loan from our conference to pay for the Building.

------------------
www.tagworld.com/vicentelopez

HE'S COMING, MAKE MUSIC, GET READY!

[This message has been edited by ViLo (edited 09-02-2006).]

#120081 - 09/02/06 07:34 PM Re: Beacon from Anchoraudio, Better Than Bose PAS?
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Buy heavy, bulky stuff ............ harder to steal!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online