SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#119887 - 05/23/05 02:04 PM Re: Another Tyros 2 thread... :-)
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Quote:
Originally posted by Ohrenarzt:
1. where did you find that term?
2. how „huge“ is that market? Did you conduct market investigation, or do you just turn your imagination into facts?

My market investigation is various Keyboard Forums around the Net where I've found there is a high demand for 76 note versions of keyboards. Especially 'weighted' key ones. If Yamaha made the keybed on the Tyros 2 with the same one that is on the CVP-309 you would have the best of both worlds. By that I mean you would have excellent action but not be too stiff like some weighted keyboards can be. Plus 76 notes are favored over 61 notes when playing Acoustic Piano sounds. Especially during live Gigs where the added notes come in handy when you comp the Bass part.

I should have prefaced my statement with "potential". There is a big demand for 76 note versions of keyboards but there is an even bigger "potential" market. To be able to expand that arena Yamaha must make their 76 note high end Arrangers with obvious advantages over the competition. One of those is making them lighter. If they weighed around the same as their 61 note Boards and the cost was not much more, then in my opinion there would be a bigger demand still.

Granted 61 note Boards are the biggest sellers but that is because in my opinion the 76 note Boards are usually much heavier and much more expensive. Correct those anomalies and the market would skyrocket in my opinion.

Best regards,
Mike

#119888 - 05/24/05 01:23 AM Re: Another Tyros 2 thread... :-)
Timo1 Offline

Loc: USA
just gonna throw this out for an example of a light weight 76 key keyboard...the wk 1800 casio

the lightweight plastic cabinet is a super-cool silver-grey color (appearance is everything), and the bright blue display glowing in the center of the main panel is a very inviting sight. Contrary to Casio's kiddiekeyboards, this machine looks awesome and ready to fire phasers.

- 76 keys (E1-G7 {Middle C=C4} ) and it only

- weighs 21lbs

[This message has been edited by Timo1 (edited 05-24-2005).]

#119889 - 05/24/05 04:33 AM Re: Another Tyros 2 thread... :-)
PraiseTheLord Offline

Loc: N Fort Myers, FL, USA
In his original post, Mike wrote: what in this pic of the Tyros 2 looks different than the current Tyros?

As well as the USP port on the front, that Mike points out, I noticed the following:

1. There is an additional button to the left of the MultiPads
2. There are 4 additional buttons in the Song Control Area
3. I assume the one to the left of the Song Control Area is a relocated Guide or DEMO button.
4. There is an additional button to the left of the old Registration Bank button.
5. The OTS buttons have been moved.
6. There are an additional 5 buttons in the old MENU area

I can't read what is written on the board, maybe someone with better eyes can see.........

------------------
Graham

#119890 - 05/24/05 08:57 AM Re: Another Tyros 2 thread... :-)
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Quote:
Originally posted by PraiseTheLord:

As well as the USP port on the front, that Mike points out, I noticed the following:

1. There is an additional button to the left of the MultiPads
2. There are 4 additional buttons in the Song Control Area
3. I assume the one to the left of the Song Control Area is a relocated Guide or DEMO button.
4. There is an additional button to the left of the old Registration Bank button.
5. The OTS buttons have been moved.
6. There are an additional 5 buttons in the old MENU area

So much of it is so similar that the two could easily be mistaken in my opinion. I think maybe Yamaha had to do the clipped wing thing as an obvious way for people to tell the difference. Structurally they could have done much better by completely re-vamping the look without the afterthought of giving it angled edges so people could eventually tell the difference between the two. If this Board is truly "revolutionary" why not make it look radically different than their current model?

Oh.. and I would sure like to know what those new buttons are too. I'm presuming the 5 new buttons in the Old Menu area have something to do with the 'new' Mega Voice technology which supposedly will allow the User to play them in a live context without the trepidation of playing the current ones. Possibly something like Rolands "Piano" button where from any other Voice menu pressing these buttons will instantly give access to the various group of Mega Voices?? But don't quote me on that.

Best regards,
Mike

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 05-24-2005).]

#119891 - 05/25/05 04:59 AM Re: Another Tyros 2 thread... :-)
rolandfan Offline

Loc: South Africa
Is this the same Rolandfan that did not like
the G70
Yes it is the one and only Rolandfan

although he did not hear it
He played the crap G70 for over an hour if you read his post correctly

and did not know about updates.
I played it and it sucks...... thats the bottomline

And nevertheless he wrote a review.
Nevertheless

I have no doubt about the Tyros 2, sure it will be a great new instrument but Rolandfan
is not the right person for a review.
Awww I think he's a great person for a review

#119892 - 05/26/05 04:29 AM Re: Another Tyros 2 thread... :-)
rolandfan Offline

Loc: South Africa
Is it true that the Tyros will contain 300mb of sounds. If its true then thats the power of more than 3 Tyros I'm sure the sweet,cool,live sounds will sound even better and I hope they double the number of these special sounds...

#119893 - 05/26/05 06:00 AM Re: Another Tyros 2 thread... :-)
tracknet Offline

And the same smaller keys????
It is the only reason I will never buy a Tyros.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online