SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#119877 - 05/22/05 03:33 PM Another Tyros 2 thread... :-)
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
I recently found out that the Tyros 2 is suppose to be made of "space age materials". That statement was never said about the current Tyros btw.

Furthermore since the Tyros 2 is going to be made of "space age materials" what prevents Yamaha from making a relatively 'light' 76 key Tyros 2? I am assuming one of the reasons Yamaha won't do a 76 note high end Arranger is because 61 key Arrangers are a lot lighter by comparison.

Thank you Yamaha for thinking about our backs but these "space age materials" you are supposedly putting in the Tyros 2 might possibly circumvent that inconvenience? So you could 'theoretically' make a 76 key Tyros 2 that weighs about the same as the current Tyros or in the same ball park anyway.

Remember the Roland Fantom X7 (76 keys) weighs in at a paltry 32 lbs., so "theoretically" it can be done. I mean for an Arranger that is. Roland already demonstrated it can be done for a Workstation.

So what I am hoping is Yamaha realizes the HUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEE market for a 76 key high end Arranger and with the incorporation of "space age materials" will oblige their customers and potential customers and indeed make a 76 key version Tyros 2 that will not only set the precedent for a relatively light high end 76 key Arranger but will be the pinnacle of success with its superior sounds and feature set.

The only real obstacle keeping more people from buying a G70 is the weight factor in my opinion. Oh... and the price. Can't forget that huh.

Tyros 2 as follows:
76 Keys
Relatively light weight
Superior sound and feature set
Priced below the competition = SUCCESS!!

Now on a lighter note - what in this pic of the Tyros 2 looks different than the current Tyros? Other than what looks like a USB to Device port where the floppy disk holder is on the current Tyros. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v352/yoyo22/TYROS/Tyros2_1_bigger.jpg

Yamaha not only needs to make a 76 key Tyros 2 but on the 61 key version they need to make some design changes other than the B2 bomber thingie to make the Tyros 2 look different than their current model.

Quip: One person to another - What are you playing there? IS that a Tyros 1 or a Tyros 2? Other than the Stealth Bomber wings it looks just like my Tyros 1. Did you 'clip' those wings yourself or did Yamaha actually have the gall to make it that way?

As you can tell I am NOT a fan of the Tyros 2 design. Hopefully Yamaha relented and will make a better looking design for it.

Possibly that is why they keep asking people to remove postings of the Tyros 2 pic. Because what we see is not what we will really get.

If that is the case then my prayers will have been answered. That, and the inclusion of a 76 Key version that is.

Best regards,
Mike

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 05-22-2005).]

#119878 - 05/22/05 03:51 PM Re: Another Tyros 2 thread... :-)
Pennywizz6 Offline

Loc: Shakopee, MN, USA
I dunno what their deal is with not making a 76 key version, and a difference of 15 keys cant weight more than a pound or two.

The term space age is im sure all marketing and they will have some fancy name for plastic like polycarbonate hooplah and stuff, just to make it sound that much more advanced.

Phil

#119879 - 05/22/05 04:54 PM Re: Another Tyros 2 thread... :-)
Beakybird Offline

The Tyros 2 will be made of recycled medical waste. If you cut your finger while playing, you will incur the risk of an infectious disease, but the amazing voices and styles make it worth any life-threatening risks!

Another option explored was recycled cell phones, but the demos kept on getting an operator who didn't speak English (the main language of their target market) when registration numbers 4-1 and 1 were pressed in succession.

The lighter-than-water Tyros 2 was nixed after six Yamaha engineers were electrocuted while doing a product demo in a Jacuzzi.

BEakybird

#119880 - 05/22/05 04:58 PM Re: Another Tyros 2 thread... :-)
Ohrenarzt Offline

1. where did you find that term?
2. how „huge“ is that market? Did you conduct market investigation, or do you just turn your imagination into facts?
3. English is not the main language of their target market.

[This message has been edited by Ohrenarzt (edited 05-22-2005).]

#119881 - 05/23/05 04:49 AM Re: Another Tyros 2 thread... :-)
rolandfan Offline

Loc: South Africa
From google I found the ff:

THE NEW YAMAHA TYROS-2 JUST LAUNCHED!
We've just returned from the Frankfurt Musikmesse, Europe’s biggest and glitziest musical instrument showcase. Yamaha were there unveiling their incredible new TYROS-2 KEYBOARD. We took a close look and listened to several of its samples and were very impressed! There is almost no comparison with the old Tyros, the New YAMAHA TYROS-2 is a world apart boasting some amazing sounds and features!

Super Articulation Voices. Sounds are no longer sampled 1 per note, but, depending on the voice, have more samples per note that react to the way you trigger the keys. They also relate to the previous and next note to come for ultra realistic effect!
New Keyboard technology
USB to Device useable for connecting any USB-slave (eg PC, SD-stick.)
Dual RGB output for hooking up to your TV
HD Recording with audio recording capability (great for recording backing vocals) that synchronizes to the song you play in real time
Newly developed cabinet taken from space age materials

Price expected to be under £3,000 and we will be shipping before Christmas.
Order yours NOW and you will be one of the first to own this incredible musical instrument

Tyros II - Mega Arranger Keyboard

IMPORTANT MESSAGE TO OUR CUSTOMERS
Yamaha has demanded us to remove the final price and product pictures of this instrument
We hope to make this information available to you again soon

Be sure to leave us your name, telephone number and email address, and we will get back to you shortly.

At the Frankfurt Musik Messe,we have been playing the new Tyros-2, and we are extatic !
We have even made a one-on-one comparison with the old Tyros, and the difference is really stunning ! There's a world of difference !
No doubt the number-1 keyboard for many, many years to come !

This very impressive new Tyros-2 is filled with spectacular Sounds and Features.

Available soon ... (in Yamaha's words : "in the near Future" ...)

Orders are being taken on a FCFS-basis: first come, first served !

Verwante items en accessoires

Yamaha TRS-MS02 (Speaker System for Tyros II ) 334 Euro (List Price)

#119882 - 05/23/05 05:02 AM Re: Another Tyros 2 thread... :-)
Bluebird Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by rolandfan:
From google I found the ff:
There is almost no comparison with the old Tyros, the New YAMAHA TYROS-2 is a world apart... We have even made a one-on-one comparison with the old Tyros, and the difference is really stunning ! There's a world of difference! No doubt the number-1 keyboard for many, many years to come !

The same words were said when Tyros I was launched: "A world of difference". "the top end number 1 for many years".
But you see: Only two years after, Tyros I is the past, and Tyros II, which will be very similar to Tyros I, is presented like a "world of difference"..
Marketing do these sentences, but users must do not think that they are true. It is impossible to make each year something which be a "world of difference".

#119883 - 05/23/05 05:10 AM Re: Another Tyros 2 thread... :-)
Ohrenarzt Offline

That is the web page of a Belgian dealer, not a Yamaha page.

#119884 - 05/23/05 10:18 AM Re: Another Tyros 2 thread... :-)
Wis Offline

Is this the same Rolandfan that did not like
the G70 although he did not hear it and did not know about updates.
And nevertheless he wrote a review.
I have no doubt about the Tyros 2, sure it will be a great new instrument but Rolandfan
is not the right person for a review.

#119885 - 05/23/05 11:33 AM Re: Another Tyros 2 thread... :-)
spalding Offline

Loc: Birmingham
before this turns into another silly argument.....Roland fan says he found this on Google.It is clearly not his review but the sales talk of the company from whos website the paragraphs have been taken.

"No doubt the number-1 keyboard for many, many years to come !

This very impressive new Tyros-2 is filled with spectacular Sounds and Features.

Available soon ... (in Yamaha's words : "in the near Future" ...)

Orders are being taken on a FCFS-basis: first come, first served !

Verwante items en accessoires

Yamaha TRS-MS02 (Speaker System for Tyros II ) 334 Euro (List Price)"

I have no doubt that the keyboard will sound great becuase the Tyros sounded great (straight out of the box) Now if the Tyros 2 is launched with the same initial software problems as the G70 then i will slate Yamaha just as quickly once i have tried the instrument and heard for myself its sonic quality or lack of it.

But for now i am excited and hope to hear something soon from Yamaha. The G70 was a real let down for me and i its high time someone gave the korg PA1Xa run for its money ( and thats a lot of money !!)

#119886 - 05/23/05 11:35 AM Re: Another Tyros 2 thread... :-)
spalding Offline

Loc: Birmingham
Should be PA1X but if they want to make a budget PA1a , that will suit me just fine !!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online