SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#119853 - 02/11/03 08:39 PM yamaha 9000 pro sound problem
visions Offline

Loc: round hill, va usa
just got 9000 pro 1 wk ago and LOVE it- so easy to use - BUT other day when i turned it on the voices have some kind of horrible effect sound stuck on them- especially noticable in the "live" sounds- piano, nylon guitar, etc- it almost sounds like a flange effect or something- called yamaha and they were supposed to call back within 24 hrs- but no reply yet- any ideas??? i really wanted to cry when i first heard it- i waited and researched for this keyboard and was so exited when i got it. any help??
thanks-
take care,
shara

#119854 - 02/11/03 08:53 PM Re: yamaha 9000 pro sound problem
TomTomSF Offline

Loc: Half Moon Bay, CA, USA
Check the Mod Wheel. It isn't spring-loaded, so if you have pushed it up it might be applying some weird effect. Push it back down to the off position. I know this has happened to some other Yamaha owners before...

Tom G.

#119855 - 02/11/03 08:54 PM Re: yamaha 9000 pro sound problem
Beakybird Offline

Probably a broken keyboard, but try factory reset: Hold down high C while turning on the keyboard (I believe that this is the method with all Yamaha keyboards). Yamaha will call within 72 hours.

Good luck,

Beakybird

#119856 - 02/11/03 09:25 PM Re: yamaha 9000 pro sound problem
visions Offline

Loc: round hill, va usa
TOM YOU WERE RIGHT!!!!!!!!THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH- !!!!!!!!!!!! MY BEAUTIFUL SOUNDING KEYBOARD IS BACK!!!! I feel stupid tho- i would not have fiqured that out-
THANK YOU BOTH FOR YOUR QUICK REPLYS- YOU ALL ARE GREAT!!!!!!!!!!
do you know any good covers to protect it while it's set up? the cat keeps wanting to walk on it-UGH!- i have a quilt and towel on it but i need something harder so she can't push buttons or TURN WHEELS- while she catwalks across it-
if you have a 9000pro hope you like it as much as i like this one- i tried the karma, the phantom and the motif and decided on the pro- so glad i did
THANKS AGAIN!!!!
take care,
shara

#119857 - 02/11/03 09:36 PM Re: yamaha 9000 pro sound problem
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Don't feel bad. A lot of us have done the same thing with the mod wheel. I was about to suggest that when Tom beat me to it.
Kill--I mean sell, the cat.
DonM

#119858 - 02/11/03 10:56 PM Re: yamaha 9000 pro sound problem
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:

Kill--I mean sell, the cat.
DonM

Don,
if you owned a cat, you'd know that she'd probably sell the keyboard...

#119859 - 02/12/03 05:46 AM Re: yamaha 9000 pro sound problem
The Pro Offline

Loc: Atlanta, Georgia
I use a keyboard cover from a company called "Cover Your Ax" for the 9000 Pro but I have no idea where I got it from. Another idea is to get a small motion-sensor "burglar alarm" from Radio Shack and set it on the keyboard. They're cheap and the cat will get the idea.

#119860 - 02/12/03 07:11 AM Re: yamaha 9000 pro sound problem
trtjazz Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by visions:
TOM YOU WERE RIGHT!!!!!!!!THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH- !!!!!!!!!!!! MY BEAUTIFUL SOUNDING KEYBOARD IS BACK!!!! I feel stupid tho- i would not have fiqured that out-
THANK YOU BOTH FOR YOUR QUICK REPLYS- YOU ALL ARE GREAT!!!!!!!!!!
do you know any good covers to protect it while it's set up? the cat keeps wanting to walk on it-UGH!- i have a quilt and towel on it but i need something harder so she can't push buttons or TURN WHEELS- while she catwalks across it-
if you have a 9000pro hope you like it as much as i like this one- i tried the karma, the phantom and the motif and decided on the pro- so glad i did
THANKS AGAIN!!!!
take care,
shara

Shara,
Here kitty, kitty, kitty.

------------------
jam on,
Terry
http://imjazzed.homestead.com/Index.html

#119861 - 02/12/03 07:44 AM Re: yamaha 9000 pro sound problem
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I DO own a cat. He's for sale.
He is a killer. He brings me birds, squirrels and rabbits. I'm afraid he will show up with a small kid one day. I got him the same way I got my wife. Just showed up one day and didn't ever leave. She's NOT for sale. (But make me an offer!)
DonM

#119862 - 02/12/03 08:42 AM Re: yamaha 9000 pro sound problem
Happy Birthday tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
shara ... don't be embarrassed . this has also happened to technics kn players ... I just read the post and was going to respond when I saw the problem had been resolved ... as for your kb cover... did your 9k come in a box? .. if so, and you still have it, you could probably cut one of the wide panels off it and use what's left to put over the kb when you're not using it ... I got the idea a number of years ago when I bought a Peavey head and they did not make a cover for it ... The box it came in was pretty sturdy cardboard, so I cut the top flaps off, turned it upside down, cut a slot for the handle on the head, covered the whole thing with black duct tape, and that's been the cover for about 10 years...
Good luck ...
t.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online