SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#119277 - 12/01/02 11:17 PM How do you get the SD1 to use the premium sounds in a midi file?
justforfun000 Offline

Loc: Canada
For example, "Smooth". I would like to have the guitar part use the "Carlos" guitar as that would make sense. How can it be done?

I still don't even understand the explanation as to how you load the midi file into the sequencer. Some things in that manual are so vague.

#119278 - 12/02/02 06:17 AM Re: How do you get the SD1 to use the premium sounds in a midi file?
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Kendall,
YOu do not have to put a song into the sequencer in order to change sounds .Once the file is copied onto the hard drive ,
You start playing the song .
Press F1 for GM parts .

The sounds used will show up in the screen .
Use the Functions buttons to help scroll to the correct part . Once you have the sound you want to change highlighted , press the guitar sounds ( if not already there) and select the carlos lead .

Once you make the adjustments , stop the song .
Press save/enter and rename the song .
F10 to confirm .

You do not LOAD a song into the sequencer , You COPY the song . Perhaps this will help a little to understand terminology .

I think that the Korg products you would always load vs Ketron products is copy !

YOu copy a song into the sequencer , not load! dano

#119279 - 12/02/02 08:19 PM Re: How do you get the SD1 to use the premium sounds in a midi file?
justforfun000 Offline

Yes I keep forgetting it's different. hehe.

So how do you copy?

But back to the original question, it doesn't give me the option for the carlos guitar. I can only access that for the keyboard part. Same with nightsax, certain vocal sounds, golden trumpet, etc. I was told a long time ago when I asked that you can only use one or two of the "premium" sounds in midi files because they are technically four voices? It was something like that.

#119280 - 12/02/02 09:14 PM Re: How do you get the SD1 to use the premium sounds in a midi file?
Mike H Offline

Loc: Homer AK
JFF
You can only use the preset voices on the Right section, the left portion of the keyboard in pianist mode, and when they are used as part of the program/combi voices. You cannot use the richer sounds except for those situations and they say so right in the manual.

Mike

#119281 - 12/03/02 01:41 PM Re: How do you get the SD1 to use the premium sounds in a midi file?
justforfun000 Offline

Well then what the hell is the good of having the "Carlos" guitar if you can't use it in a midi file like smooth? That's stupid.

As it is they have a lot of sounds that I apparently can't access through GM. I don't know about you, but I don't try to play guitar/sax/etc solo's with my right hand during midi files.

I know people here told me before that you can use those sounds but only depending on the number of tracks used in the midi file. Who's got it right here?

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online