SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#119261 - 01/11/04 07:06 AM Re: GENERAL MUSIC ITALY ARE DISGUSTING!!!
trtjazz Offline

I somewhat surprised that we have not heard an official from General, especially with Paul being on the forum...."That is not possible as we have Never put a 1.3 drive in one, they were all 2gig." Hmmmmm.
Terry

------------------
jam on,
Terry http://imjazzed.homestead.com/Index.html

[This message has been edited by trtjazz (edited 01-11-2004).]

#119262 - 01/11/04 07:59 AM Re: GENERAL MUSIC ITALY ARE DISGUSTING!!!
ziggy Offline

Loc: Malta
Quote:
Originally posted by msutliff:
Just a few thoughts....

Are you sure? Did you look at the physical drive itself, the label on the casing? Is there any chance that it IS a 2 gig drive that for some unknown reason has a 1.3 partition on it and consequently that's all you're going to see on the screen?

I don't know...I guess I'm one of those that doesn't exactly agree with the title of this thread. Ziggy had you said, "I am DISGUSTED with General Music Italy!!!", I would have totally accepted that. You are describing your feelings for your situation. But calling somebody(s) disgusting...Well...I guess I save that for the really bad. Maybe I'm losing something in the translation here????

Bottom line though, I DO hope you get this problem solved. Confirm the size of the physical drive and if it's wrong, let's get it swapped out!!!

mike

Hi Mike, firstly to reply Terry as well, I have to say that Paul General Music Rep in the USA is very helpful, whish all where like him.

Terry I had to stay on General Music because I already owned All there Keyboards, so a lot of work is saved in General music format because it is SUPERIOR to MIDIFILES. But now after what's happend I am redoing all my work back again in midifile format so I can swing to another keyboard smothly.

Mike about your questions now , I am 100% sure that the Drive was 1.3GB I am saying was cause I changed it myself for and extra cost of $120 so no doubt about it here 1.3GB and not 2GB as it was speciefied .

Now I can't see why you think the title is sort of exagerated to put it in simple terms.

Tell me what will be left of you when you pass all the information to a Representative in the Mother Firm Milan and you get not even a single reply, and then they come out with a reply that they have been trying to contact me for over 2 months....come on mike I had been comunicating with the company for over a year and must say they have been helpful, but never had trouble with sending and recieving mail to and fro.

It all started when I brought to thier attention the fact that the hard disk wasn't as speciefied only after that they had trouble to contact me..I leave you think about it.

Now after I had Paul word they will send it to me STILL HAVEN'T GOT IT YET, I guess now they have trouble with post

Tony.

#119263 - 01/11/04 08:40 AM Re: GENERAL MUSIC ITALY ARE DISGUSTING!!!
msutliff Offline

Loc: Cottage Grove, MN, USA
Hey Ziggy,

Maybe you're right. Maybe there is no way for me to understand your frustration.

I will finalize by saying, "I wish things would have went differently for you." "I wish you would have received the solution you were looking for." "I'd like to think this experience was an exception to the rule, not the norm."

Take care! If you do swap out the Genesys, I'd be curious as to what you get.

mike

#119264 - 01/11/04 11:00 AM Re: GENERAL MUSIC ITALY ARE DISGUSTING!!!
ziggy Offline

Terry cause I forgot to say , you are right they will not proff me wrong about the hard disks, Cause I am the guy that FIX these machines, so I know what I am talking about!!!

Mike this wasn't an exception and that is why I brought it here in the forum, I normally buy about 10 keyboards for me and my friends I get a good deal I must say, there were only 2 with 2GB the rest where 1.3GB and for you to know I bought the keyboard without even seeing it cause I had a good idea of what it was going to be like anyway to be honest with you I didn't even bother to check how big the hard disk was, this cam about when I found that the hard disk was full, so I checked it out and found it was as we said 1.3GB, and I really wish Paul can proof me wright on this matter so you all don't think I am inventing things, now the 1.3 was used on the WK8 so in simple MATHS they wanted to get rid of them and the first few where with a 1.3GB, you get it now.

You asked me what keyboard I go for, it has to be one of the best, I put my mind on the Tyros and Korg so far but I still have to see because I normally buy 2 at a time 1 stays at home for me to work on and the other is alway in my car for giging, I gig 5 to 6 times a week so my gear is always left in the car.

Tony.

#119265 - 01/11/04 09:41 PM Re: GENERAL MUSIC ITALY ARE DISGUSTING!!!
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Wow Ziggy! You even "FIX" GEM Keyboards and they're still sloughing you off!! If it were me and they wouldn't correct the situation in a reasonable amount of time I would sell that thing ASAP and NEVER buy from GEM again!! Period!!! It's amazing that Paul Davis who is GEM's HEAD of Sales and Marketing Division for the WHOLE USA can't get things resolved either. Who's running GEM Italy??? If it was in my power I would FIRE him so fast it would make your head swim! It really is DISGUSTING Ziggy! I sympathize with you and hope things WILL get resolved soon. If they don't, then read my statement above ^ again as to what you should do IMO.

Best regards,
Mike

#119266 - 01/11/04 11:39 PM Re: GENERAL MUSIC ITALY ARE DISGUSTING!!!
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Ziggy, this is really disturbing news to hear that GEM Italy still has not made good in correcting your problem. If GEM Italy continues to drag its heels, they most certainly DESERVE the thread title you gave: "General Music Italy are disgusting!" and I will continue to support keeping this thread at the forefront as a 'warning' to others to the way they treat their customers. If Technics can go under, GEM certainly could be next on the list too. Please keep us abreast of developments. - Scott

#119267 - 01/12/04 04:35 AM Re: GENERAL MUSIC ITALY ARE DISGUSTING!!!
trtjazz Offline

I am in agreement with Ziggy here on the entire issue. I read Paul's other response about "we're fluffy and soft and handling it." That doesn't cut it for me...no disrespect Paul, but we're handling it doesn't make it. These do not seem to be huge issues to me.

I don't care where Tony bought his board US, Europe or the moon, General Music is all one company, send the guy a new 2gig drive and the new o/s.....done deal.

We went through a similar situation with Korg over at IA... the short story is one of the members had a bad PA 80, Sam Ash kept jerking him around, Jerry K kept making excuses why Korg had to work through it with Ash and proper policies....well this member had a gig coming up in a few days. My and others position was.....hey Jerry Korg can do whatever it likes, send this guy a new board direct or send your rep over there with a new one and pick up the old, then argue about it with Sam Ash after....which is finally what happened, Jerry sent him a board overnight. Point being it should not take a forum full of anger posts to get these companies off their duffs to fix a customers problems and we count on these boards, so it needs to be done in a timely manner a week or two max, not weeks or months.

Before the argument is made about a back up board....some can barely afford the first one at the prices of high end boards. That would be like the car dealer saying you should have a back up car if you have to rely on it everday.

Sorry, I just have a short attention span for companies that tell me how great their customer service is when it isn't even close.
Terry

------------------
jam on,
Terry http://imjazzed.homestead.com/Index.html

#119268 - 01/12/04 04:48 AM Re: GENERAL MUSIC ITALY ARE DISGUSTING!!!
Dnj Offline

Hmmm?....then you wonder why Companies are going out of business like Techinics just did.

#119269 - 01/12/04 05:39 AM Re: GENERAL MUSIC ITALY ARE DISGUSTING!!!
ziggy Offline

Mike ease up...lol no honestly Mike it does make you angry when you see how passive they are in Italy, and thank you guys for your Support, Scott I bet you would have gone nuts with an issue like this???
Remember I got 2 Keyboards and Not1, and I got 2 because I can't carry the Genesys it's so dam heavy so I went to get the Genesys Pro.

Terry this is something like you I don't understand it look at times that a company is split into hundreds of companies as if to say these are not all the same ENTENTITY.

Terry I won't get my Hard Disk changed cause that's how it goes but I am saying this for all of you when you buy now you can't trust anymore the SPECS that come out with the Keyboards.

I bet I am the one and only that brought this matter out in the public, and I know there are more like me, but not everybody is like me, I know I will be pregudiced on this issue in Italy, but I had to bring it out.

I feel very obliged towards Paul we are in contact and I've been contacted by Mr David McMahan who is the guy with technical support to see the Faults I am talking about if they can be solved.

But all this comes to square A the Italian side is very passive and they don't bother that much whateve Paul says here, I have more on my Menue but I am leaving it aside for now.

I didn't get not one single email from Mr Maribella FROM THE MOTHER COMPANY MILAN, and that's a fact no one can deny now.

Tony.

[This message has been edited by ziggy (edited 01-12-2004).]

#119270 - 01/12/04 05:53 AM Re: GENERAL MUSIC ITALY ARE DISGUSTING!!!
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Hmmm?....then you wonder why Companies are going out of business like Techinics just did.

Can you pleas email me the link for this information ? Dan O'

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online