SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#119241 - 12/23/03 12:47 PM Re: GENERAL MUSIC ITALY ARE DISGUSTING!!!
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Ziggy and all,
I often get those email "bounces", even when cooresponding with people from whom I know the address is correct. Sometimes it is the server on one end or the other, but it DOES happen, and not infrequently.
I want to think that's what caused the problem. It's Christmas, guys, forgive and forget and forge ahead.
Can you imagine even getting halfway that close to a big gun at Yamaha, or Technics, or Roland?
DonM

#119242 - 12/23/03 02:43 PM Re: GENERAL MUSIC ITALY ARE DISGUSTING!!!
trtjazz Offline

I agree with Scott that the topic heading should NOT be changed. It is what it is from this users point of view. As Scott also says if anyone is getting unfairly slammed others will be equally eager to jump in on the other side.

DonM,
I only disagree with you on one of your last points here and that is about reaching at least the people at Yamaha in the top gun seats. Athan Billias who not only is the father of the Motif but runs the entire division there not only posts regularly on the Mo forum but when I have E'd him on several occasions, I have an E back that same day. John Schauer head of the AW recorders division called me a half dozen times at a couple of hours each to show and explain cool stuff on the AW 4416. For my own experiences Yamaha is by far the most responsive of all the companies out there to include Steve Deming yet another manager for customer support who posts in here when it is necessary.

However I too have received many times bounce backs from perfectly good E addresses and have had mine bounced back to others so I don't know about this case but it does happen.
Terry

------------------
jam on,
Terry http://imjazzed.homestead.com/Index.html

#119243 - 12/23/03 02:53 PM Re: GENERAL MUSIC ITALY ARE DISGUSTING!!!
ziggy Offline

Loc: Malta
Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:
Ziggy and all,
I often get those email "bounces", even when cooresponding with people from whom I know the address is correct. Sometimes it is the server on one end or the other, but it DOES happen, and not infrequently.
I want to think that's what caused the problem. It's Christmas, guys, forgive and forget and forge ahead.
DonM

Don perhaps what you're missing out here is that this happened about a month and half ago and not last week, so in a month I got no reply whatever and now in a week all of a sudden I am getting these emails from Mr Marabella saying he can't contact me...come on now I wasn't born yesterday, this is what I dislike when we start bending the facts to our favour.
And I assure you I won't get the reply I wanted but anyway it over with now but I wouldn't like to hear statments like they try to contact me and he couldn't because of email failure, when in a year we had been contacting each other so many time with no problems whatever.

Tony

#119244 - 12/23/03 03:20 PM Re: GENERAL MUSIC ITALY ARE DISGUSTING!!!
nardoni2002 Offline

Loc: malaga, spain
the disussions that we make here are both good and bad,ziggy had a problem and now it is being sorted out,if the subject was not posted in the first place,it would have taken longer to resolve,i,m pleased that reps from the top companys are here,helping when they can,don,t forget that they are keyboard players too,free speech is good ,don,t take it away,mike,by the way amerry merry xmas to you all

#119245 - 12/24/03 01:23 AM Re: GENERAL MUSIC ITALY ARE DISGUSTING!!!
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:
Hi Nigel, sorry but I have to disagree. I strongly urge that you DON'T remove this thread. Doing so would be an act of uneeded censorship. Thanks for listening. - Scott

I think you may have misread my posting because all I was doing was asking if I could remove it and the answer was no so I accepted that. And that was 2 days ago now so obviously I was not being an unreasonable censor.

If I really feel the need to take the role of censor I never ask ..... I just act. And having been a member of this forum for so long Scott how many times can you recall me ever censoring without very good cause ? That is just not how I am.

#119246 - 12/24/03 02:05 AM Re: GENERAL MUSIC ITALY ARE DISGUSTING!!!
ziggy Offline

Loc: Malta
Quote:
Originally posted by Nigel:

But the title of this thread is not indicative of the experience of most GeneralMusic users so I would like to remove it if it has served its purpose.

[This message has been edited by Nigel (edited 12-22-2003).]

Nigel I know we all have a soft spot for Paul for the way he take care of customer care in the states and in this forum.
Now that you're in again you said that the thread is not indicative of the experience of most GeneralMusic users.

Now can you imageen how you feel if you buy a car with a TURBO engine and after you start driving it you find the the TURBO is missing and you paid for it, then you contact the firm and NO REPLY what so ever, then they come and tell me they tryed to contact me after a 45 days.
I would like to ask you how you feel? you said this experience was not of most Genereal music please make sure you have the facts before writing , I can assure you there are many who didn't know about it untile I found out and there are people in this forum too who ended up with the same thing, so I don't think you where right here that's why I wanted left here so these things never happen again not to me nor anybody else.
I mean this is a serious matter, do these things Happen In USA or England? I don't think so.

I am a very pataint and reasonable person, but there is a limit in everything.

Tony.

#119247 - 12/24/03 04:39 AM Re: GENERAL MUSIC ITALY ARE DISGUSTING!!!
Dazza Offline

Loc: Great Britain
Hi Folks

Happy Christmas.

Well youve certainly caused some varied opinions here. Just to put my pennysworth in i have an SK76 amongst many other Gem porducts. I have been waiting now over a year for parts to repair it. Its currently in a very reputable repair house in the UK but alas with all the changes in Italt with Generalmusic over the last 2 years across the world nothing suprises me.

I have to tend to agree that Gem do need to get there act into gear but hey folks hasent this always been the way. I can agree with your frustation i have gone pasty caring know. I think the Gem products are fabulous and i have a ws2/s2/sk76/wk4/8 i was going to buy the Genysys but decieded on a Ketron SD1 (Theres another story not like this though they are fantastic with support etc). I still a fan of GEM though.

Maybe one day ill by a Genysys but by then it will be outdated

Happy New Year

Dazza

#119248 - 12/24/03 04:55 AM Re: GENERAL MUSIC ITALY ARE DISGUSTING!!!
trtjazz Offline

Dazza,
Over a year for repair parts? Sorry that is unacceptable to me. You're a far more patient man than I am, it would have been history by now and that would be the last that company would ever see of my money.

This entire repair parts thing baffles me. I have heard that complaint across the spectrum for all the boards and cannot figure out how that can be. If the product is at least still semi current how can these companies not have parts in stock to repair them? At the very most 2 weeks tops to get the repair parts to the dealer period.
Terry

------------------
jam on,
Terry http://imjazzed.homestead.com/Index.html

#119249 - 12/24/03 10:24 AM Re: GENERAL MUSIC ITALY ARE DISGUSTING!!!
PaulD Offline

Loc: Eugene, OR
Dazza,

Email your part you need, there is no reason to wait that long for a part, for an instrument that we have TONS of parts for. I am not sure what the hold up is, but email with what part you are looking for, and I will make sure you get it. Please include the Company that has your instrument for repair, their phone number and the serial number to your instrument. I will report what I find for you.

Again, I would like to request, that any customer service issues, that you or anyone may have, please email me.

------------------
Paul Davis
Generalmusic
Generalmusic.US

#119250 - 12/24/03 11:38 AM Re: GENERAL MUSIC ITALY ARE DISGUSTING!!!
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by Nigel:
all I was doing was asking if I could remove it and the answer was no so I accepted that. And that was 2 days ago now so obviously I was not being an unreasonable censor.

Hi Nigel, I totally concur that you've NEVER been an unreasonable censor, and that I can count only on ONE hand, the total number of threads you've ever had to remove.

In this instance I was ONLY offering my 'vote' for NOT removing this thread, or any other thread, unless it contains blatant slander or foul language.

Nigel, I'm really looking forward to the pleasure of meeting you in person finally, possibly in March 2004 when I'm scheduled to be down in your area. Merry Christmas to you and your wife Kerry. - Scott

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online