SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#119231 - 12/21/03 11:46 PM Re: GENERAL MUSIC ITALY ARE DISGUSTING!!!
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Ahhh, found it now.

hmmm. . . the new Genesys Pro's appearance certainly reminds me a lot of the Tyros. Not only that but this goes to show you that keyboard manufacters like to designate their speaker-less arranger models as their PRO model. If only the Tyros didn't offer the Tyros add on speaker option, it too might have garnered the PRO title as well. - Scott

#119232 - 12/22/03 12:19 AM Re: GENERAL MUSIC ITALY ARE DISGUSTING!!!
ziggy Offline

Loc: Malta
Well thank you guys for your support.
Paul thanks for reply too it was very much appreciated, The only person that knows me a bit in this forum is Scottyee because I bought a Digitech from him and he knows how I trust people that is sending him money without even knowing him...that he can tell himself.
Paul I have wrote to Mr Marebella 3 times in a polite way and still he never answeard me. I assure you all it wasn't a mistake that they sell the Keyboard with a 1.3GB instead of 2GB they must have had a SURPLUS of 1.3GB because they where used in WK8 so the first lot came out with a 1.3GB, which is not fair to us who both the first keyboards. I had good relation before I found out about the hard disk and Mr Marabella did send me an update, and then when I asked him about the Hard Disk that was the end of him replying me, now mind you when he send an upgrade to me I share it with 15 others who have them.

That is not way to treat genuine customesr who had General Music keyboards for the past 12 years.
I personaly was promissed before the Keyboard came out that we could make an upgrade so to install 10GB in a very short time!!!! up to the moment we Genesys owners can't upgrade not even to 4GB like the Genesys Pro now that is a let down.

When you have a mother company treating customers like that it leaves you with no alternative but to write to forums like this one and the no to ever buy it's products again.

I have great respect to Paul D but I bout the keyboard from Italy even though I live in Malta and that is why I get this problem.
Paul I will be sending you my email and thank you for any help.

Scottyee thans for your response and yes I am doing ok with the Digitech.

Again Wishing you all the best for the festive seasons.

Tony.

#119233 - 12/22/03 12:33 AM Re: GENERAL MUSIC ITALY ARE DISGUSTING!!!
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Tony it looks like you have the info you require to look into this. It is great having a representative like PaulD on the forum and I am sure he will look at what the problem may be.

But the title of this thread is not indicative of the experience of most GeneralMusic users so I would like to remove it if it has served its purpose.

[This message has been edited by Nigel (edited 12-22-2003).]

#119234 - 12/22/03 01:04 AM Re: GENERAL MUSIC ITALY ARE DISGUSTING!!!
KN_Fan Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:
General Music definitely knows 'what' sells Now where's the keyboard in that shot?

?? What keyboard?

Ooh..I see..Don, you meant under the left ARM, yes?

Sorry - had to do it

#119235 - 12/22/03 02:14 AM Re: GENERAL MUSIC ITALY ARE DISGUSTING!!!
ziggy Offline

Hi Nigel Sorry for once I am going to disagree with you here. I am not one of those who write articles like this but I have made it clear to Mr Marabella that I would put it in this forum and still he didn't have the decencey to even reply my message.

I am bieng very responsible here that is why I am displaying the name of the Person I was dealing with... Now my point is this, I am not trying to get a revange or anything but when you deal with top managment of a company and you don't even get a reply this is the only way I can express and show my disapointment.
My problem is with the mother firm in ITALY and not the Representatives in the US which I know are very efficient.

I feel there is nothing wrong in the title so I expect it will stay there for a little longer so to get my message around.

I have send an email to Paul today and I know he will help but I feel the Managment at General Music in ITALY we ARROGANT and untile they reply my emails I feel that it is unfair for me to take this THREAD OF THE FORUM.

Like eveybody else I have the right to show disaproval for the way they are treating me.

I have given my experience of today not yesterday and if others are satisfied I am not and that is what this forum is for to make pressure when things are wrong.

Nigel sorry we ended the year like this but my point is that there are serious bugs in the keyboard and now I have to spend the bussiest days of the year where I will be demanding the best from my keyboard, not knowing if the keyboard stops or whatever and all this to me means a lot because I paid good money and I expect to get a good aftersale service.

Regards
Tony

#119236 - 12/22/03 03:13 AM Re: GENERAL MUSIC ITALY ARE DISGUSTING!!!
Amelius Offline

Loc: Milan, Italy
Ziggy,

I understand your fustration and disappointment with the management (or even 1 single manager) at GEM Italy.

Yet, IMHO, you may agree with me that the attitude of an individual (or even of the entire management, or even of one company) should not lead you to generalize as to write "... these ITALIANS..." which I personally find a little unfair to the Italian people in general and to the Italian friends on this forum.

I am not a GEM customer and I have no intention of defending GEM, but honestly, I am convinced that your note and comments could have been better constructed and better addressed.

Yours sincerely

Amelio

#119237 - 12/22/03 03:34 AM Re: GENERAL MUSIC ITALY ARE DISGUSTING!!!
ziggy Offline

Sorry Amelio you are right there, and sorry if I hurt anybodys feelings and I am going to try and take that part off my post

#119238 - 12/23/03 09:21 AM Re: GENERAL MUSIC ITALY ARE DISGUSTING!!!
PaulD Offline

Loc: Eugene, OR
Because this was brought up in a public forum, I felt it necessary to clear Generalmusic Italy's name on this. According to our records, Mr. Mirabella did try to contact Ziggy several times and got these back, several, several times (I edited out the email address and replaced with *):

The following addresses had permanent fatal errors

----- <*********@onvol.net>

----- Transcript of session follows -----

... While talking to mx01.onvol.net.:

>>> MAIL From:<**********@generalmusic.com>

<<< 550 5.7.1 Mail from 195.31.218.2 refused by blackhole site dnsbl.njabl.org 554 ... Service unavailable
Quote from Mr. Mirabella
"I have exchanged with ZIGGY (Mr. T*** G****) a long series of email, giving to him a full technical support, suggestions, explanations and so forth. Obviously all this includes the for free operating system shipping, even the latest O.S. CD, send to him without any request, because its name is in our Genesys users database, then we send to them the O.S. CD via mail service or currier. As you can see, the result after its latest contact with us is an email fatal error."

As you can see, we take these claims VERY SERIOUSLY. We are sending Ziggy another copy of the OS. I understand that the VP of Generalmusic has either been in contact with, or is going to be contacting Ziggy shortly.
In case anyone else might have concerns or issues with Generalmusic's customer service; I would respectfully request that you send me an email, with your issues before bringing them to a public forum. I assure you, that you will get the same level of service and attention privately as publicly.

------------------
Paul Davis
Generalmusic
Generalmusic.US

[This message has been edited by PaulD (edited 12-23-2003).]

#119239 - 12/23/03 11:38 AM Re: GENERAL MUSIC ITALY ARE DISGUSTING!!!
ziggy Offline

Paul thank you for your reply.
But let me respond to what you said here.
Firstly I never said Mr Marabella wasn't helpful in fact he was very helpful and we exchanged experience with each other.
I never did recieve the new OS, so it wasn't sent to me up to this moment I haven't recieved it.

I said already this all started from the moment I asked why my and some other Genesys where with 1.3GB hard disks and not as SPECIEFIED 2GB from that email onwards I got no reply I still have the same email address so If something was wrong surely wasn't from my end, I got those emails you are talking about here but only couple of days ago.

I am saying this because you are giving the impresion that he tried to answear me and didn't contact me because there was something wrong in my email.

I did get a response from Mr Marabella on the same email address but a week ago.

I don't intend to lengthen this matter all I wanted was the upgrade befor the festive seasons and unfortunatley I didn't get it.

So now I hope that I will recieve the upgrade.

Sorry Paul this was nothing against you or your outlet in the US but I am still not convinced that the email was the problem at all.
Next time Paul I will do that(Contact you first) but you have to be honest and say that the first Genesys came out with a 1.3GB Hard Disk and I never got the oppotunety the have the hard disk replaced to what it should have been.... I have done that myself by spending an extra $150 so to have a 2GB hard disk.

Well I think this will end here and hope I will recieve the UPGRADE because like me in Malta there are 11 more waiting for the upgrade.

Regards
Tony.

#119240 - 12/23/03 12:38 PM Re: GENERAL MUSIC ITALY ARE DISGUSTING!!!
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by Nigel:
the title of this thread is not indicative of the experience of most GeneralMusic users so I would like to remove it if it has served its purpose.

Hi Nigel, sorry but I have to disagree. I strongly urge that you DON'T remove this thread. Doing so would be an act of uneeded censorship. Whether Ziggy's experience is indicative of other General Music customers or not is not the issue. He is only sharing his experience coming from 'his' perspective. I'll agree that his choice of thread topic title 'General Music Italy are Disgusting' may sound overly harsh, but this only reflects the legitimate frustration he is obviously having with them.

The wonderful thing about message boards like ours is that it allows anybody to reply with: a differing opinion, a rebuttal, a story from someone else who may have experienced a similar/same situation, or the opportunity for a solution, as shown here by PaulD's (GEM USA) offer of assistance.

I believe removing this thread will only discourage totally candid & honest discussion. I trust and have complete faith that the Synthzone arranger forum member community will come to the defense of any undeserving malicious attacks made here. Thanks for listening. - Scott

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online