SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#118896 - 10/17/03 04:05 PM Re: How's your Diet Progressing?
KN_Fan Offline

I don't change my diet too much. Just cut my portion (from U.S portion to 'more international' portion). Hit the gym for 25 mins every other day. 15 cardio (10 minutes at 6-6.3 miles/hour) and lift weights for 10 minutes.

I'm at 177lbs (more muscle cause I know my spare tire is decreasing 5'8" tall.

#118897 - 10/17/03 04:12 PM Re: How's your Diet Progressing?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by KN_Fan:
I don't change my diet too much. Just cut my portion (from U.S portion to 'more international' portion). Hit the gym for 25 mins every other day. 15 cardio (10 minutes at 6-6.3 miles/hour) and lift weights for 10 minutes.

I'm at 177lbs (more muscle cause I know my spare tire is decreasing 5'8" tall.

That seems to me a very wise and natural program. And with more muscle, your body will also burn more energy, so you're on the right track!

-- José.

#118898 - 10/17/03 06:03 PM Re: How's your Diet Progressing?
Tony W Offline

Loc: Lancaster UK
This study may be a little less scientific than Mikes but I like it.....

1. The Japanese eat very little fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than the British or Americans.

2. The Mexicans eat a lot of fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than the British or Americans.

3. The Italians drink excessive amounts of red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks than the British or Americans.

4. The Japanese drink very little red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks than the British or Americans

5. The Germans drink a lot of beers and eat lots of sausages and fats and suffer fewer heart attacks than the British or Americans.

CONCLUSION: Eat and drink what you like. Speaking English is apparently what kills you.

Best wishes to all
Tony

------------------
www.tonywmusic.co.uk

#118899 - 10/17/03 06:10 PM Re: How's your Diet Progressing?
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by KN_Fan:

hi Jonas (KN_Fan) I think you 'hit the nail on the head' here. After discovering Weight Watchers (2 years ago) I too learned that in addition to regular exercise, it's maintaining food 'Portion CONTROL' that was the BIG key to me losing and maintaining my ideal weight again. I know use the Weight Watcher's Point system to help keep monitor what I take in each day. It may sound complicated to follow, but it's actually a real EASY system.

Another BIG problem is when dining out in restaurants. Have you guys noticed how HUGE the portions sizes have become over the years? They raise the prices but offset it by serving gigantic servings to make us feel we got our money's worth. Instead of eating everything on my plate, as Mom always lectured, I now make it a point to doggie bag 1/2 of it and take it home to enjoy the next day.

Scott

#118900 - 10/18/03 02:46 AM Re: How's your Diet Progressing?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Here is an example of a way to "look at food" that I particularly like, crossing the subject with travelling and cultural aspects (try the small videos in http://www.ocean.ca/?section=shows&sub=3 ).

-- José.

#118901 - 10/18/03 06:13 AM Re: How's your Diet Progressing?
nardoni2002 Offline

Loc: malaga, spain
hi all maybe this is the final answer to all diets,this diet is the oldest and most efficient of ALL diets ,you can eat whatever you want and not gain any weight at all,one small snag,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,no swallowing,,,have fun and moderation in all things,mike

#118902 - 10/18/03 04:09 PM Re: How's your Diet Progressing?
brainiac Offline

Loc: Chicago IL USA
No swallowing?

Really..................................??

#118903 - 10/18/03 09:11 PM Re: How's your Diet Progressing?
BuleriaChk Offline

Loc: Santa Barbara,CA,USA
After decades of research and experience I have finally figured out how to lose weight. There are two basic and inviolable principles which I will share with you.

1. Don't eat anything
2. Work your Ass off.

This is much easier, but ethically completely unacceptable if it is not done voluntarily...

And is one of the main arguements against loving, compassionate god (aside from the existence of the mosquito...) If god so loved the world, why could he have switched the tastes between Broccoli and Pizza...

[This message has been edited by BuleriaChk (edited 10-18-2003).]

#118904 - 10/19/03 01:38 AM Re: How's your Diet Progressing?
Beakybird Offline

I have to correct an erroneous statement mad by one of our members, that the foods fortified with vitamine b12 come from animal sources.

I did some web surfing, and this is what I found:

Origin of B12 in Supplements and Fortified Foods:

Streptomyces griseus, a bacterium once thought to be a yeast, was the commercial source of vitamin B12 for many years.8,9 The bacteria Propionibacterium shermanii and Pseudomonas denitrificans have now replaced S. griseus.10 At least one company, Rhone Poulenc Biochimie of France, is using a genetically engineered microorganism to produce B12.11.

Now I'm not that concerned about this anyway. Being a lacto-vegetarian (I eat dairy), I realize that some of the cheese I eat in restaurants has rennet which comes from cow intestine. My purpose in being vegetarian is to live in a way that I cause as little suffering as possible within practical limits. I don't wear a mask to stop bacteria from entering my mouth like many Jains do.

As I have asserted before, longevity is a good indicator of a health benefit. If a dietary choice adds a year or two to one's life, it is unlikely that it would make people weaker or think less clearly.

It wouldn't surprise me if not everyone on the star athlete list of vegetarians wasn't vegetarian every year of their life or that one or two would have a health problem. I don't even think that being vegetarian gives an athlete an edge. Most of the greatest athletes of all time were omnivores. But there are athletes in the top of their field who have chosen to be vegetarian and haven't suffered from decreased performance. Just like vegetarians need to be careful to get certain nutrients. Meat eaters, who have a propensity to get much more protein and fat than necessary, need to be extra careful to get foods with anti-oxidant vitamins. Most research I have heard about indicates that those who take anti-oxidant vitamin supplements don't receive any benefits, that the anti-oxidants must come from food sources.

As a musician, I have chosen a good vibes profession. I live to make others feel better. I think that the vegetarian diet is a good vibes diet. I spare many animals the pain of slavery and violent death. I leave life sustaining resources for my fellow earthlings to benefit from. I believe in "Live simply so that others may simply live."

Beakybird

#118905 - 10/19/03 07:50 AM Re: How's your Diet Progressing?
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
God gave us the animals to do what we wanted with. The food chain was not invented by McDonnalds, ya know.

Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online