#118243 - 11/18/04 06:27 AM Re: Midi file with lyrics help
Dnj Offline

GNmidi Link.........
http://www.gnmidi.com/

#118244 - 11/18/04 07:14 PM Re: Midi file with lyrics help
OldNewb Offline

Loc: Shorewood Wi. USA
Mike,
That game had me nervous right up to the end.Culpepper is really tearing it up this year and we got really lucky on that fumble recovery. I expect an even tougher game when we come to visit you for xmas.

------------------
The old Newb

#118245 - 11/19/04 02:25 AM Re: Midi file with lyrics help
MacAllcock Offline

Loc: Preston, Lancashire, England
I'm sure I've read a specification for "standard midi files" which stated that the main Melody line should use channel 4.

Naturally I have no supporting evidence for this statement!

I'm not so sure that this specification stated that backin harmony tracks should be on channel 5, but that channel is a default for some harmony generators.

Karaoke files seem different, and less rigid. Melody is usually on channels 1 and 2 (but I've seen it on 16 as well) and I've found lyrics are always defined as text events (and not lyric events) which are usually embedded in the melody line track but sometimes appear separately.

I have used the GN utilities for this job but these days I tend to do it the hard way in Cakewalk because I mess about with the files that much that the extra effort of transcribing the lyrics is not really that great!

I agree that there is lots of variability in this area. I'm telling you to use track 4!

[This message has been edited by MacAllcock (edited 11-19-2004).]

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online