SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#117945 - 03/11/02 11:47 PM Question for midi experts
Luka Offline

Loc: Slovenia
Which controller stops a midi file when it comes to the end?
On SD1 some midi files do stop at the end and some of them just go and I have to stop them with the STOP button. I had the same problem before on other sequencers. Anybody has an answer?
Luka

#117946 - 03/12/02 04:56 AM Re: Question for midi experts
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
You must be using files that were not created by you, right? They probably let the recording go on after the last note.
You must "end" the song in a sequencer, and then re save it on your disk. The song will play till it gets a request to end.

#117947 - 03/12/02 10:13 AM Re: Question for midi experts
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
If you have a software sequencer it's easy. load the song into it. Find the point where there is no longer any note and controller data. If the recorded part ends there, you should see no more information in the track bars. If the track bars themselves end there as well, simply save the file as a SMF 0 or 1 depending on what your synth requires. If the track bars continue past the point where you are absolutely sure there is no more data or note events, many sequencers have cut and paste operations. Simply snip the track bars at the point where all the information ends, and cut anything that is past that point. Then save a new midifile. You might wnt to save it under a new or slightly different name so that the old one isn't deleted, just in case you make a mistake. It should work and the song should now stop at the point that you want it to. If you can figure out a way to do this on the SD1 sequencer, that's good as well. ( I'm not at all familiar with it but you'll want to be able to edit it in a similar manner ) If not, and you don't have a software sequencer, there are several available on the net, even a couple freeware ones that will do the job. Email me if you need more info. It's on my profile.

AJ

[This message has been edited by Bluezplayer (edited 03-12-2002).]

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online