SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#117750 - 02/14/05 07:36 AM KORG Pa1X OS 2.02 released
ptram Offline

Dear Sirs,

The new version of the KORG Pa1X's Operating System (2.02), fixing a bug with MP3 recording, has been released. You can download it from the Software section of the official web site:
http://www.korgpa.com

If you already installed Musical Resources version 2.0, you don't need to load them too. Otherwise, if upgrading from an OS version prior to 2.0, please also install them after installing the new Operating System.

Enjoy,
The Korg Italy Team

#117751 - 02/14/05 10:35 AM Re: KORG Pa1X OS 2.02 released
Christian_1 Offline

Hi Ptram,
Are you working for Korg Italy? If so, I've got some feedback I'd like to send.
Best regards,
Christian

#117752 - 02/14/05 12:29 PM Re: KORG Pa1X OS 2.02 released
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
All that is available on the website is 2.01
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

#117753 - 02/14/05 01:21 PM Re: KORG Pa1X OS 2.02 released
notlos Offline

Loc: Belgium
Hi George,

on the www.korgpa.com you can download this new version !!!!!

rgards,

notlos

#117754 - 02/18/05 06:43 AM Re: KORG Pa1X OS 2.02 released
ptram Offline

Hi,

Quote:
Are you working for Korg Italy?

Yes, I do.

Quote:
If so, I've got some feedback I'd like to send.

OK. I'm reading.

Best regards,
Paolo

#117755 - 02/18/05 03:09 PM Re: KORG Pa1X OS 2.02 released
Christian_1 Offline

Hi,
Oh, great! But, may we discuss this through email since this is not related to the discussion board itself. And I think its quite important feedback. Would you mind emailing?
THanks,
Christian

#117756 - 02/18/05 07:32 PM Re: KORG Pa1X OS 2.02 released
Organizer Offline

Loc: Maplewood, NJ, USA
As a recent purchaser of a PA1XPro, I continue to be amazed at the features that have been built into this incredible instrument. I am using this as a "House" keyboard for my small Performer's Cafe and each of the players that perform on it are extremely impressed by the quality of the sounds that come standard on the instrument. Now for the bad part....on a whim, I purchased the Piano Expansion Module, the installation went flawlessly, however about 10 minutes after installing it, my vocals which were routed to out 1+2, stopped working. Subsequently I routed the vocals to L+R and they worked, however since I use two keyboard amps and I am used to all vocals coming from my Bose PAS system, switching to L+R just doesn't sound right. I have been in contact with Korg Customer service and they are baffled.

Any help would be appreciated, I have already reloaded the OS and the resources to no avail. Being that that this keyboard is used 7 days per week, I do not look forward to sending it off to a repair shop.

Thanks, in advance,

Art

#117757 - 02/19/05 09:44 AM Re: KORG Pa1X OS 2.02 released
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Kudos to Korg for staying on top of the Korg Pa1X/PRO's bug list. They are already up to version 2.02 and seem to be very diligent in supporting their new Flagship Arranger.

IMO Yamaha could do sooooooo much more in regards to supporting their Flagship Arranger. Not just in bug fixing but also in enhancing the Tyros' functionality. When you treat your loyal customers like Kings and Queens and go beyond giving just minimal support and oftentimes begrudgingly at that, you will not only gain respect but you will win over multitudes of new and existing customers in the process. People remember simple things like "bend over backwards" quality customer support.

Korg seems to have a very good handle on it if you ask me.

Best regards,
Mike

#117758 - 02/20/05 12:47 PM Re: KORG Pa1X OS 2.02 released
Organizer Offline

Loc: Maplewood, NJ, USA
More than just kudos to Korg. I want to relate my most recent experience with Korg and with Rondo Music, Union, NJ.

After reporting the above problems with my PA1XPro to Andre (a sales manager at Rondo) I was put in direct contact with the Regional Distributor Manager (Bobby Nelson) for the Tri-State area. I was able to explain the problems I was having with the Keyboard and after speaking with his technical support he suggested several possible fixes for the problem. I tried each of the suggestions and none corrected the problem. I once again contacted Bobby & Andre and immediately within 2 hours of our conversation received a phone call from Andre explaining that Korg would be shipping a new unit to them for a full replacement of my defective unit. Rather than suggesting that I bring my unit to a repair facility they recognized the urgency (the PAX1Pro is the house keyboard for my cafe which hosts musical entertainment 7 nights per week) and were able to provide outstanding support and customer satisfaction.

Thanks to Andre and Bobby and thanks to Korg for recognizing that their customers are worth that extra something.

Art

#117759 - 02/21/05 09:04 AM Re: KORG Pa1X OS 2.02 released
ptram Offline

Hi Christian,

Quote:
Would you mind emailing?

No problem, but I cannot see your email address. If you like, I often read the messages in the dedicated forum at http://www.irishacts.com".

Best regards,
Paolo

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online