SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#117710 - 04/25/03 01:58 PM no sound from converted styles in xgworks, but they work in "styleplayer"!
heinrich2 Offline

I played some converted solton xd1 styles (.sty-Ending) in "styleplayer". They worked so far. Loaded them as well in xgworks autoarranger. The arrangement was running but there was no midisignal to be seen. Loaded an original PSR-Style and everything was fine. Very strange! Why does a converted soltonstyle not sound in xgworks/sq01 whereas it does in styleplayer?

Someone to enlighten me?

All the best

HEinrich

#117711 - 04/25/03 03:59 PM Re: no sound from converted styles in xgworks, but they work in "styleplayer"!
Pilot Offline

Loc: Ontario,Canada
PSR styles will only be recognized in XGWorks if they include the following sysex:
F0,43,76,1A,10,01,01,01,01,01,01,01,01,F7
between the 'SFF1' and 'SInt' markers in the Style file. Generally, if you copy a Style file from a PSR it will have this sysex. Style files converted from other keyboard manufacturers usually do not have this string so you'll have to edit the files first.

Bryan

[This message has been edited by Pilot (edited 04-25-2003).]

#117712 - 04/25/03 06:47 PM Re: no sound from converted styles in xgworks, but they work in "styleplayer"!
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
In addition to standard SysEx data, XGWorks also recognizes Yamaha brand specific SysEX data unique to Yamaha arrangers. This includes Yamaha XF Meta Events (auto accomp chord names & lyric data) in which the SysEx string begins with 'FF'. Unfortunately other software sequencers (Cakewalk Sonar, Logic, Cubase) will NOT reconginze Yamaha brand specific SysEX data.

Scott

#117713 - 04/28/03 04:23 PM Re: no sound from converted styles in xgworks, but they work in "styleplayer"!
heinrich2 Offline

Thank you, guys,
I wonder why soltonstyles converted to PSR lack this little line. But how do I edit the style? Editing with wordpad shows thousands of strange signs... and would this line be enough to make chord changes possible?

Thanx

HEinrich

#117714 - 04/28/03 04:24 PM Re: no sound from converted styles in xgworks, but they work in "styleplayer"!
heinrich2 Offline

...sorry, I forgot: The styles were converted by emc...

Heinrich

#117715 - 04/29/03 05:05 AM Re: no sound from converted styles in xgworks, but they work in "styleplayer"!
Pilot Offline

Loc: Ontario,Canada
There are several ways to add this line, but probably the best way is to use an excellent program called CasmEdit. You can find a link to it on Jorgen Sorensen's equally excellent website at home7.inet.tele.dk/js/musik/740pages/ . Clink on PSR links and then software. You might want to look at a PSR style first to see where the sysex goes and then update your styles accordingly.

Bryan

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online