SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#117515 - 06/18/06 04:13 PM My Latest Song: CRAZY LoVe
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Fellow Synthzoner's: In hopes of steering the forum debate away from the 'this keyboard's better than that one' topics, as PROMISED , here's another Van Morrison song (in Windows Media Player Format) that I recorded last night:

Crazy Love

As with most of my other songs shared here, I recorded this LIVE (playing/singing) utilizing custom registrations, no multi tracking or sequenced midi files used, and then selected the best of 4 recorded digital audio wav file takes. I hope this topic might promote more shared discussion about the different arranger keyboard playing/recording methods used by other members, irregardless of what keyboard you play. Afterall, it's ALL ABOUT making Music, right?

Ok, I hope you guys will not only take the time to LISTEN, but REPLY with your candid 'feedback' as well.

Thanks.

Scott

------------------
http://scottyee.com

#117516 - 06/18/06 04:20 PM Re: My Latest Song: CRAZY LoVe
Scottyee Offline

Almost forgot ...

I updated the look of my website 'song demo' page. If you want to check it out and/or listen to my other songs, go to: Scott Yee Entertainment , and click on the 'Song Demos' link.

#117517 - 06/18/06 04:46 PM Re: My Latest Song: CRAZY LoVe
Dnj Offline

Scott BRAVO !......Best song I've heard you do yet!!! Tyros 2 sounds Killer! your choice of style is very well picked I love the organ too....vocals clean, crisp, & delivery very heart felt.....my only critique is that in my opinion the Sax solo was one octave too low otherwise Great Job Buddy!!! Hope this is included on your New CD release coming out soon

#117518 - 06/18/06 05:39 PM Re: My Latest Song: CRAZY LoVe
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Scott...
I just gave you a Standing O.

Eddie

#117519 - 06/18/06 09:38 PM Re: My Latest Song: CRAZY LoVe
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Beautiful song, with excellent sound quality. I think that you are perfectly at home with this kind of ballads, and I can sense that you are really "inside the song"; finally, your voice seems also in the perfect vocal range.
I agree with Donny that the sax solo should be an octave higher.
This is your cup of tea, Scott: great job!

#117520 - 06/18/06 10:06 PM Re: My Latest Song: CRAZY LoVe
Scott Langholff Online   content

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Hi Scott

This is definitely a song of your style, and you've got plenty of that

Just a nice version of you doing your thing. I can imagine your crowds sipping on their favorite drink and getting in a mood that you are conveying.

One interesting thing that flashed into my mind, I had a flash of the feeling of Janis Joplin, who if anybody gave feeling to their music it was certainly her.

So, good job buddy, keep 'em rolling partner

Best
Scott

#117521 - 06/19/06 02:13 AM Re: My Latest Song: CRAZY LoVe
Craig_UK Offline

Loc: UK
Hi Scott.
Nice one buddy. Good choice of style and sounds throughout. I agree with people saying try the sax an octave higher, if you get the chance
Hope your PC is fixed now, not seen you on Skype for quite a while.

#117522 - 06/19/06 06:57 AM Re: My Latest Song: CRAZY LoVe
SD_FAN Offline

Loc: São Paulo, SP / Brazil
Hi Scott.

I enjoyed a lot this beautiful song.......your vocal, style and sound quality are perfect.
Great job!

Armando

#117523 - 06/19/06 07:07 AM Re: My Latest Song: CRAZY LoVe
loungelyzard Offline

Loc: North Eastern Calif.
Scotty:
Sound is great, song is great, voice is great, instrumentals great, "great live performance," only way you could get it better would be singing it while looking into the eyes of a beautiful woman that is melting from your charm.

Mayby next song you could put the parrot on a perch in front of you and make believe ......congrats fine job.......Pose

[This message has been edited by loungelyzard (edited 06-19-2006).]

#117524 - 06/19/06 07:18 AM Re: My Latest Song: CRAZY LoVe
Tony Rome Offline

Loc: Cozumel Mexico
Scotty.....WOW, great performance....I have to agree with Donny and Andrea on this one,
I can't add any thing else except it was a killer rendition suited to you, I love this as much as 9 Million Bicycles in Beijing which as you know is my favorite...
TR

#117525 - 06/19/06 10:00 AM Re: My Latest Song: CRAZY LoVe
tyrosman Offline

Loc: scotland
ANOTHER GREAT SONG SCOTT BRILLIANT AND THE SAX IS OK NO NEED TO TWEEK KEEP THE SONGS COMMING & I THINK DONNY SHOULD DO SOME SONGS IN LIVE ARRANGER MODE

#117526 - 06/19/06 12:12 PM Re: My Latest Song: CRAZY LoVe
kla4 Offline

Loc: NL
Absolutely the best one you recorded my friend !

R.

#117527 - 06/19/06 01:05 PM Re: My Latest Song: CRAZY LoVe
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Beautifully arranged and professionally performed.

Ian

#117528 - 06/19/06 04:34 PM Re: My Latest Song: CRAZY LoVe
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by tyrosman:
I THINK DONNY SHOULD DO SOME SONGS IN LIVE ARRANGER MODE

HEHEEHEHEH OK WILLIE .........your on my good Scottish Buddy in a week or so I will have a bit of time in between performances to record another T2 song LIVE on the HD for you here ok?
If you promise to return the indulgence by gracing us with one of your great live VOCAL Songs on your T2 ok?

Stay Tuned

#117529 - 06/20/06 04:16 AM Re: My Latest Song: CRAZY LoVe
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
Scott! BRAVO! You are right on the money and with your usual flair! It's always a pleasure to hear your work - you make it sound so easy! Encore!

Randy

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#117530 - 06/20/06 09:20 AM Re: My Latest Song: CRAZY LoVe
Scottyee Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
the Sax solo was one octave too low

I thought you guys might bring this up. The sax is actually 2 layered S.A. saxes, of which is the reason it might sound weird. For whatever reason, I couldn't get a the sax voice to pop out front enough in the mix, so opted to layer 2 different saxes to add more up front presence. I also added chorus effect, to enhance the effect. I realized the effect didn't really sound like an authentic sax, but for whatever reason (at the time) i thought it sounded cool (unusual). Perhaps a bad artistic call, i dunno.

Quote:
Originally posted by Craig_UK:
Hope your PC is fixed now, not seen you on Skype for quite a while.

Yep, thanks to the assistance of fellow Synthzoners PC experts, my PC is now working like a charm again. Craig, I just upgraded to Skype 2.5, so look forward to chatting on Skype with you again now.

Thanks to everyone for the support you've given with my music. The fasinating thing with music is that no matter what point we are in our life's musical journey, there's always something new to learn and discover. This brings up my most recent software re-discovery: Sound Forge. I've just learning what a wonderful tool this program is for adding final professional sounding polish to recorded music, and planning to go back and edit (in Sound Forge) the original WAV files (in Sound Forge) all my previously recorded Tyros2 songs to perhaps give them a more professionally produced sound. I'll let you know when I've completed the project, and invite you to have a re-listen to them again then.

Thanks again to ALL for your friendship, comments, & support.

Scott

#117531 - 06/20/06 09:30 AM Re: My Latest Song: CRAZY LoVe
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:
Thanks again to ALL for your friendship, comments, & support.
Scott

Scott ... One thing I have found through my 65 years is that, generally, people get what they deserve ...
t.

#117532 - 06/20/06 10:20 AM Re: My Latest Song: CRAZY LoVe
Dnj Offline

Scott your ok in my book !!!!
Keep those songs coming.....& I hope more listeners will at least take the time to voice their opinions after hearning them pro/con so we will keep on learning. And also post their own songs on what ever KB they play.

#117533 - 06/20/06 01:00 PM Re: My Latest Song: CRAZY LoVe
Scottyee Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
I hope more listeners will at least take the time to voice their opinions after hearing them pro/con

DNJ, I concur with ya buddy, especially considering the fact that my website's 'hit counter' reports that there've been over 150+ downloads of my song 'Crazy Love', 'referal linked' from this Synthzone thread's song link alone. I of course respect that taking time to reply to song contributions is strictly optional, but find it odd that those that have been most critical of Tyros2 (on other threads) are also absently missing to offer feedback (pro/negative) when I actually POST my Tyros2 songs. - Scott

#117534 - 06/20/06 01:23 PM Re: My Latest Song: CRAZY LoVe
Dnj Offline

Scott.......many people love to listen but refuse to share their opinions so we can all discuss & learn from each other, why? who knows?.. I'd love to hear songs from regular members like Squeak D, KB Player, Esh, Cgiles, Eric B, Rickideemus,Caragabal, Starkeeper etc etc its All good.....& with so many different styles of music it would make for great conversations here on the SZ instead of just talking about it & repeating the same things many times over like what Kb is better then that one with the bottom line being the final product "THE MUSIC" that's what we should be hearing & discussing, I would think. So Scott dont sweat it ....keep posting your songs I for one will be listening & voicing my opinions for ya good or bad buddy!!

#117535 - 06/20/06 03:14 PM Re: My Latest Song: CRAZY LoVe
SBPC Offline

Loc: Goleta, CA, USA
Hi Scott,
I confess – I’m one of those 150+ recent “hits” on your website. And I did listen to your rendition of “Crazy Love.” I believe you did a great job with that song, as you have with many others.

I understand your possible frustration with so little feedback on the Forum. But I would like to offer my take on that situation. I’ve found that often by the time I’ve had a chance to listen and respond, I read the other comments and find that pretty much everything I would have written has already been posted in one form or another. I think many people would like to post something at least half original. When people see that they have nothing really new to add, they decide not to bother. Maybe that’s the wrong attitude to have. If every one of those 150+ hits had a positive reaction to your song, you probably would have liked to have heard things like “I agree with so-and so that you did a great job and it’s one of your best recordings to date.” But I’m sure that you can understand that unless the writer has something unique to add (be it positive or negative) it seems a bit redundant to repeat what others have already written.

Anyway, keep up the good work, Scott.

#117536 - 06/20/06 05:47 PM Re: My Latest Song: CRAZY LoVe
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Dnj:
[b]I hope more listeners will at least take the time to voice their opinions after hearing them pro/con

Quote:
DNJ, I concur with ya buddy, especially considering the fact that my website's 'hit counter' reports that there've been over 150+ downloads of my song 'Crazy Love', 'referal linked' from this Synthzone thread's song link alone. I of course respect that taking time to reply to song contributions is strictly optional, but find it odd that those that have been most critical of Tyros2 (on other threads) are also absently missing to offer feedback (pro/negative) when I actually POST my Tyros2 songs. - Scott[/B]

Scott, here's my take, I've always enjoyed your music and have visited your web site as well as many of other forum members who post here, including Donny, Fran, Scott Langhoff, Esh and others. Many times I will not voice an opinion other than saying nice job...and not much more only because most of you are at a much higher level of musical achievement than I am with electronic keyboards. Yea, spent lots of years with acoustic piano. The arranger segment is only recent stuff for me. Many of you are full time pros, I'm just a part time musician. I'm the guy here to learn from you pros. In all honesty, when members of the group talk about mixing and recording with software packages it gets too complicated for this guy. All I want to do is have some playing time, some fun and earning a few extra bucks giggin. After working some 12 hour days at my regular job, all I want to do is fire up the 3000 or my CVP 307 and enjoy. Don't be frustrated from the lack of comments you do a great job.

[This message has been edited by Stephenm52 (edited 06-20-2006).]

#117537 - 06/20/06 05:48 PM Re: My Latest Song: CRAZY LoVe
Scottyee Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by SBPC:
I read the other comments and find that pretty much everything I would have written has already been posted in one form or another. . . When people see that they have nothing really new to add, they decide not to bother.

Paul (SBPC) & Stephen52: Many thanks to BOTH of you for your wise insightful perspective. I feel a whole lot better. Ok guys, I hope to have the honor of hearing a song from you too, soon. Oh yeah, almost forgot, I'm GLAD to hear you liked my song. - Scott

[This message has been edited by Scottyee (edited 06-20-2006).]

#117538 - 06/20/06 05:55 PM Re: My Latest Song: CRAZY LoVe
Stephenm52 Offline

Quote:
Paul (SBPC) & Stephen52: Many thanks to BOTH of you for your wise insightful perspective. I feel a whole lot better. Ok guys, I hope to have the honor of hearing a song from you too, soon. Oh yeah, almost forgot, I'm GLAD to hear you liked my song. - Scott

Scott:
I got a couple of volumes of midis done on the 3000 posted at Joe Water's site and a WMA file as well, You may want to check it out.

#117539 - 06/20/06 06:01 PM Re: My Latest Song: CRAZY LoVe
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Stephenm52:
Scott:
I got a couple of volumes of midis done on the 3000 posted at Joe Water's site and a WMA file as well, You may want to check it out.

http://psrtutorial.com/P/Molnar.html

#117540 - 06/20/06 06:14 PM Re: My Latest Song: CRAZY LoVe
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Scott ... Just had a listen ... really nice job of a good tune... I just d/l the chords and lyrics to work on it myself...
Couple of questions: what is the name of the Tyros2 style you used? ... I hear piano, and organ which I assume you played on left and right hands? ... I also hear trumpets (horns) in the background - are they part of the T2 style?
t.
PS - I hear what you mean about the saxes ... perhaps a little 'growl' or 'funk' sound would have added to it, to help it 'cut' ... Nice work none the less ...
t.

[This message has been edited by tony mads usa (edited 06-20-2006).]

#117541 - 06/20/06 06:54 PM Re: My Latest Song: CRAZY LoVe
Scottyee Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Stephenm52:
Scott:
I got a couple of volumes of midis done on the 3000 posted at Joe Water's site and a WMA file as well

Stephen: many thanks for informing us of this, and thanks to DNJ for the link.
A wonderful collection of classic gems, all very nicely played by you. Bravo. Stephen, I trust you'll remember to post here on SZ when new songs become available. I hope MORE members will finally step forward now to post their arr kb produced songs as well, because beyond which brand/model keyboard we play on, it's the arranger produced MUSIC WE SHARE with each other that brings us together as arranger keyboard enthusiasts. - Scott

#117542 - 06/20/06 07:03 PM Re: My Latest Song: CRAZY LoVe
Scottyee Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by tony mads usa:
what is the name of the Tyros2 style you used?

That's one of the new Yamaha IDC downloadable Styles. It's called: ClassicR&B

Quote:
I hear piano, and organ which I assume you played on left and right hands?

The organ is incorporated in the STYLE itself. As I usually do, I threw together a custom REGISTRATION BANK file (of 6 individual regs) and then performed in full fingered chord split mode, playing all piano & sax parts live, with the piano voice assigned to LEFT voice throughout. In the final chorus, piano & sax voice was layered (rt1 + rt2). Both vocals & keyboard played (auto accomp mode) in one take, no midi, multi-tracking, or overdubs. I performed the song 4 times, and simply chose the best sounding one (with the least flaws) to my ears . Interestingly enough, the first or 2nd take is usually the best, perhaps, because it's usually the freshest take. By the 3rd and 4th takes, I've lost inspiration.

Quote:

also hear trumpets (horns) in the background - are they part of the T2 style?

Yep.

- Scott

#117543 - 06/21/06 04:36 PM Re: My Latest Song: CRAZY LoVe
Stephenm52 Offline

Quote:
Stephen: many thanks for informing us of this, and thanks to DNJ for the link.
A wonderful collection of classic gems, all very nicely played by you. Bravo. Stephen, I trust you'll remember to post here on SZ when new songs become available. I hope MORE members will finally step forward now to post their arr kb produced songs as well, because beyond which brand/model keyboard we play on, it's the arranger produced MUSIC WE SHARE with each other that brings us together as arranger keyboard enthusiasts. - Scott

Thanks Scott, I appreciate your comments. Most songs were played using the default settings on the 3000. Donny thanks for posting the link.

[This message has been edited by Stephenm52 (edited 06-21-2006).]

#117544 - 06/21/06 06:59 PM Re: My Latest Song: CRAZY LoVe
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
I think this one is probably the one I like best (of those that you have posted) it's suited for your style of singing.

Nice job!

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#117545 - 06/21/06 07:10 PM Re: My Latest Song: CRAZY LoVe
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Scott you're getting better everytime.
Great style for the song.
Well rounded mix. I really enjoyed it.

I agree with the others that the Sax solo sounded a little to low, but still good.

Thanks for sharing

Eric

#117546 - 06/21/06 10:46 PM Re: My Latest Song: CRAZY LoVe
Scottyee Offline

Squeak & EricB: Thanks for listening. - Scott

#117547 - 06/22/06 03:35 PM Re: My Latest Song: CRAZY LoVe
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
Scott, nice job with Crazy Love. Your vocals keep improving... this is the first time I've noticed a real surge of passion, or 'soul' in your voice. The technical has always been there, and now the personality is projecting. Very good.

Glenn

#117548 - 06/23/06 04:33 AM Re: My Latest Song: CRAZY LoVe
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Hi Scott,

Bravo!

I agree with all the compliments.
A fade out for this song might have been appropriate.

Thanks for sharing your talent.

------------------
Larry
SynthZone Frapper

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#117549 - 06/23/06 04:57 PM Re: My Latest Song: CRAZY LoVe
ralfaro Offline

Loc: Davie, Fl USA
Scott,

Good stuff. Nice to hear your music again. Very nice listen. Thank you for sharing. I'm still catching up with messages here and it is great to hear so much talent coming through from everyone.

Quote:
Fellow Synthzoner's: In hopes of steering the forum debate away from the 'this keyboard's better than that one' topics, as PROMISED wink , here's another Van Morrison song (in Windows Media Player Format) that I recorded last night:

Crazy Love

As with most of my other songs shared here, I recorded this LIVE (playing/singing) utilizing custom registrations, no multi tracking or sequenced midi files used, and then selected the best of 4 recorded digital audio wav file takes. I hope this topic might promote more shared discussion about the different arranger keyboard playing/recording methods used by other members, irregardless of what keyboard you play. Afterall, it's ALL ABOUT making Music, right? smile

Ok, I hope you guys will not only take the time to LISTEN, but REPLY with your candid 'feedback' as well.

Thanks.

Scott cool

#117550 - 06/23/06 04:58 PM Re: My Latest Song: CRAZY LoVe
Scottyee Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by GlennT:
this is the first time I've noticed a real surge of passion, or 'soul' in your voice.

Hi Glenn. My audiences say that my passion's been there (in live performance), but the "NEW" Tyros2 feature convenience of live performance direct to HD recording, has just allowed me to now capture it in my recordings as well.

Glenn, Larry, & Rick: Many thanks for sharing your feedback &comments. - Scott

[This message has been edited by Scottyee (edited 06-23-2006).]

#117551 - 06/26/06 05:26 PM Re: My Latest Song: CRAZY LoVe
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
One of your best, Scott! No criticism here.
DonM

#117552 - 06/27/06 07:25 AM Re: My Latest Song: CRAZY LoVe
Scottyee Offline

Thanks Don.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online