SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#168167 - 06/27/06 06:42 AM record styles as midi into sequencer
tax adviser Offline

Loc: London, UK
Hi all - I'm new here and this looks a very helpful forum.

I am excited to be expecting my new Tyros 2 to be delivered tomorrow. I have searched but could not find anyting specfically on this point so apologies if I have missed it.

I use Pro Tools and virtual instruments to compose music - what I would like to know is whether the T2 can ouput the styles as midi into PT so that (i) diffent sounds from the factory/T2 soundbank can then be trigerred by midi playback and (ii) the style orchestration can also be tweaked by midi editing from inside PT.

If this is possible is this simply midi out from the T2 and record each style (in one pass?) to a separate midi track and assign instruments to taste.

Thank you very much in advance

#168168 - 06/27/06 08:56 AM Re: record styles as midi into sequencer
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
Relating to the second part of your question. You can record a style on the keyboard in DIGITAL RECORDING right side of T2. Easy record will record all parts inc Intro's Fills & Endings. You can also add extra tracks if you wish to build up a song. Save on the keyboard (Name?) and it will save as a Midi File which can be loaded into any sequencer.
Although you are not using Cakewalk this sequence can also load a Yamaha.sty (styleFile)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online