SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#117535 - 06/20/06 03:14 PM Re: My Latest Song: CRAZY LoVe
SBPC Offline

Loc: Goleta, CA, USA
Hi Scott,
I confess – I’m one of those 150+ recent “hits” on your website. And I did listen to your rendition of “Crazy Love.” I believe you did a great job with that song, as you have with many others.

I understand your possible frustration with so little feedback on the Forum. But I would like to offer my take on that situation. I’ve found that often by the time I’ve had a chance to listen and respond, I read the other comments and find that pretty much everything I would have written has already been posted in one form or another. I think many people would like to post something at least half original. When people see that they have nothing really new to add, they decide not to bother. Maybe that’s the wrong attitude to have. If every one of those 150+ hits had a positive reaction to your song, you probably would have liked to have heard things like “I agree with so-and so that you did a great job and it’s one of your best recordings to date.” But I’m sure that you can understand that unless the writer has something unique to add (be it positive or negative) it seems a bit redundant to repeat what others have already written.

Anyway, keep up the good work, Scott.

#117536 - 06/20/06 05:47 PM Re: My Latest Song: CRAZY LoVe
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Dnj:
[b]I hope more listeners will at least take the time to voice their opinions after hearing them pro/con

Quote:
DNJ, I concur with ya buddy, especially considering the fact that my website's 'hit counter' reports that there've been over 150+ downloads of my song 'Crazy Love', 'referal linked' from this Synthzone thread's song link alone. I of course respect that taking time to reply to song contributions is strictly optional, but find it odd that those that have been most critical of Tyros2 (on other threads) are also absently missing to offer feedback (pro/negative) when I actually POST my Tyros2 songs. - Scott[/B]

Scott, here's my take, I've always enjoyed your music and have visited your web site as well as many of other forum members who post here, including Donny, Fran, Scott Langhoff, Esh and others. Many times I will not voice an opinion other than saying nice job...and not much more only because most of you are at a much higher level of musical achievement than I am with electronic keyboards. Yea, spent lots of years with acoustic piano. The arranger segment is only recent stuff for me. Many of you are full time pros, I'm just a part time musician. I'm the guy here to learn from you pros. In all honesty, when members of the group talk about mixing and recording with software packages it gets too complicated for this guy. All I want to do is have some playing time, some fun and earning a few extra bucks giggin. After working some 12 hour days at my regular job, all I want to do is fire up the 3000 or my CVP 307 and enjoy. Don't be frustrated from the lack of comments you do a great job.

[This message has been edited by Stephenm52 (edited 06-20-2006).]

#117537 - 06/20/06 05:48 PM Re: My Latest Song: CRAZY LoVe
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by SBPC:
I read the other comments and find that pretty much everything I would have written has already been posted in one form or another. . . When people see that they have nothing really new to add, they decide not to bother.

Paul (SBPC) & Stephen52: Many thanks to BOTH of you for your wise insightful perspective. I feel a whole lot better. Ok guys, I hope to have the honor of hearing a song from you too, soon. Oh yeah, almost forgot, I'm GLAD to hear you liked my song. - Scott

[This message has been edited by Scottyee (edited 06-20-2006).]

#117538 - 06/20/06 05:55 PM Re: My Latest Song: CRAZY LoVe
Stephenm52 Offline

Quote:
Paul (SBPC) & Stephen52: Many thanks to BOTH of you for your wise insightful perspective. I feel a whole lot better. Ok guys, I hope to have the honor of hearing a song from you too, soon. Oh yeah, almost forgot, I'm GLAD to hear you liked my song. - Scott

Scott:
I got a couple of volumes of midis done on the 3000 posted at Joe Water's site and a WMA file as well, You may want to check it out.

#117539 - 06/20/06 06:01 PM Re: My Latest Song: CRAZY LoVe
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Stephenm52:
Scott:
I got a couple of volumes of midis done on the 3000 posted at Joe Water's site and a WMA file as well, You may want to check it out.

http://psrtutorial.com/P/Molnar.html

#117540 - 06/20/06 06:14 PM Re: My Latest Song: CRAZY LoVe
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Scott ... Just had a listen ... really nice job of a good tune... I just d/l the chords and lyrics to work on it myself...
Couple of questions: what is the name of the Tyros2 style you used? ... I hear piano, and organ which I assume you played on left and right hands? ... I also hear trumpets (horns) in the background - are they part of the T2 style?
t.
PS - I hear what you mean about the saxes ... perhaps a little 'growl' or 'funk' sound would have added to it, to help it 'cut' ... Nice work none the less ...
t.

[This message has been edited by tony mads usa (edited 06-20-2006).]

#117541 - 06/20/06 06:54 PM Re: My Latest Song: CRAZY LoVe
Scottyee Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Stephenm52:
Scott:
I got a couple of volumes of midis done on the 3000 posted at Joe Water's site and a WMA file as well

Stephen: many thanks for informing us of this, and thanks to DNJ for the link.
A wonderful collection of classic gems, all very nicely played by you. Bravo. Stephen, I trust you'll remember to post here on SZ when new songs become available. I hope MORE members will finally step forward now to post their arr kb produced songs as well, because beyond which brand/model keyboard we play on, it's the arranger produced MUSIC WE SHARE with each other that brings us together as arranger keyboard enthusiasts. - Scott

#117542 - 06/20/06 07:03 PM Re: My Latest Song: CRAZY LoVe
Scottyee Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by tony mads usa:
what is the name of the Tyros2 style you used?

That's one of the new Yamaha IDC downloadable Styles. It's called: ClassicR&B

Quote:
I hear piano, and organ which I assume you played on left and right hands?

The organ is incorporated in the STYLE itself. As I usually do, I threw together a custom REGISTRATION BANK file (of 6 individual regs) and then performed in full fingered chord split mode, playing all piano & sax parts live, with the piano voice assigned to LEFT voice throughout. In the final chorus, piano & sax voice was layered (rt1 + rt2). Both vocals & keyboard played (auto accomp mode) in one take, no midi, multi-tracking, or overdubs. I performed the song 4 times, and simply chose the best sounding one (with the least flaws) to my ears . Interestingly enough, the first or 2nd take is usually the best, perhaps, because it's usually the freshest take. By the 3rd and 4th takes, I've lost inspiration.

Quote:

also hear trumpets (horns) in the background - are they part of the T2 style?

Yep.

- Scott

#117543 - 06/21/06 04:36 PM Re: My Latest Song: CRAZY LoVe
Stephenm52 Offline

Quote:
Stephen: many thanks for informing us of this, and thanks to DNJ for the link.
A wonderful collection of classic gems, all very nicely played by you. Bravo. Stephen, I trust you'll remember to post here on SZ when new songs become available. I hope MORE members will finally step forward now to post their arr kb produced songs as well, because beyond which brand/model keyboard we play on, it's the arranger produced MUSIC WE SHARE with each other that brings us together as arranger keyboard enthusiasts. - Scott

Thanks Scott, I appreciate your comments. Most songs were played using the default settings on the 3000. Donny thanks for posting the link.

[This message has been edited by Stephenm52 (edited 06-21-2006).]

#117544 - 06/21/06 06:59 PM Re: My Latest Song: CRAZY LoVe
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
I think this one is probably the one I like best (of those that you have posted) it's suited for your style of singing.

Nice job!

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online