SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#117525 - 06/19/06 10:00 AM Re: My Latest Song: CRAZY LoVe
tyrosman Offline

Loc: scotland
ANOTHER GREAT SONG SCOTT BRILLIANT AND THE SAX IS OK NO NEED TO TWEEK KEEP THE SONGS COMMING & I THINK DONNY SHOULD DO SOME SONGS IN LIVE ARRANGER MODE

#117526 - 06/19/06 12:12 PM Re: My Latest Song: CRAZY LoVe
kla4 Offline

Loc: NL
Absolutely the best one you recorded my friend !

R.

#117527 - 06/19/06 01:05 PM Re: My Latest Song: CRAZY LoVe
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Beautifully arranged and professionally performed.

Ian

#117528 - 06/19/06 04:34 PM Re: My Latest Song: CRAZY LoVe
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by tyrosman:
I THINK DONNY SHOULD DO SOME SONGS IN LIVE ARRANGER MODE

HEHEEHEHEH OK WILLIE .........your on my good Scottish Buddy in a week or so I will have a bit of time in between performances to record another T2 song LIVE on the HD for you here ok?
If you promise to return the indulgence by gracing us with one of your great live VOCAL Songs on your T2 ok?

Stay Tuned

#117529 - 06/20/06 04:16 AM Re: My Latest Song: CRAZY LoVe
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
Scott! BRAVO! You are right on the money and with your usual flair! It's always a pleasure to hear your work - you make it sound so easy! Encore!

Randy

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#117530 - 06/20/06 09:20 AM Re: My Latest Song: CRAZY LoVe
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
the Sax solo was one octave too low

I thought you guys might bring this up. The sax is actually 2 layered S.A. saxes, of which is the reason it might sound weird. For whatever reason, I couldn't get a the sax voice to pop out front enough in the mix, so opted to layer 2 different saxes to add more up front presence. I also added chorus effect, to enhance the effect. I realized the effect didn't really sound like an authentic sax, but for whatever reason (at the time) i thought it sounded cool (unusual). Perhaps a bad artistic call, i dunno.

Quote:
Originally posted by Craig_UK:
Hope your PC is fixed now, not seen you on Skype for quite a while.

Yep, thanks to the assistance of fellow Synthzoners PC experts, my PC is now working like a charm again. Craig, I just upgraded to Skype 2.5, so look forward to chatting on Skype with you again now.

Thanks to everyone for the support you've given with my music. The fasinating thing with music is that no matter what point we are in our life's musical journey, there's always something new to learn and discover. This brings up my most recent software re-discovery: Sound Forge. I've just learning what a wonderful tool this program is for adding final professional sounding polish to recorded music, and planning to go back and edit (in Sound Forge) the original WAV files (in Sound Forge) all my previously recorded Tyros2 songs to perhaps give them a more professionally produced sound. I'll let you know when I've completed the project, and invite you to have a re-listen to them again then.

Thanks again to ALL for your friendship, comments, & support.

Scott

#117531 - 06/20/06 09:30 AM Re: My Latest Song: CRAZY LoVe
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:
Thanks again to ALL for your friendship, comments, & support.
Scott

Scott ... One thing I have found through my 65 years is that, generally, people get what they deserve ...
t.

#117532 - 06/20/06 10:20 AM Re: My Latest Song: CRAZY LoVe
Dnj Offline

Scott your ok in my book !!!!
Keep those songs coming.....& I hope more listeners will at least take the time to voice their opinions after hearning them pro/con so we will keep on learning. And also post their own songs on what ever KB they play.

#117533 - 06/20/06 01:00 PM Re: My Latest Song: CRAZY LoVe
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
I hope more listeners will at least take the time to voice their opinions after hearing them pro/con

DNJ, I concur with ya buddy, especially considering the fact that my website's 'hit counter' reports that there've been over 150+ downloads of my song 'Crazy Love', 'referal linked' from this Synthzone thread's song link alone. I of course respect that taking time to reply to song contributions is strictly optional, but find it odd that those that have been most critical of Tyros2 (on other threads) are also absently missing to offer feedback (pro/negative) when I actually POST my Tyros2 songs. - Scott

#117534 - 06/20/06 01:23 PM Re: My Latest Song: CRAZY LoVe
Dnj Offline

Scott.......many people love to listen but refuse to share their opinions so we can all discuss & learn from each other, why? who knows?.. I'd love to hear songs from regular members like Squeak D, KB Player, Esh, Cgiles, Eric B, Rickideemus,Caragabal, Starkeeper etc etc its All good.....& with so many different styles of music it would make for great conversations here on the SZ instead of just talking about it & repeating the same things many times over like what Kb is better then that one with the bottom line being the final product "THE MUSIC" that's what we should be hearing & discussing, I would think. So Scott dont sweat it ....keep posting your songs I for one will be listening & voicing my opinions for ya good or bad buddy!!

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online