SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#117341 - 08/14/03 11:43 PM Two new songs with the Tyros
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
I have just added to my site two new songs done with the Tyros. The first one is a remake of "Europa" (I called it "Europa 2"); the song begins like the old one, but then changes a bit... the old "Europa" is still there, for comparison's sake; I will appreciate if you will let me know which one you like more.
The second song is a ballad by Ivan Lins, called "Lembra de mim" (which means "Remember me"); the song is about a love story which is over, so the lyrics are very sad, but luckily in my rendition there are no lyrics, so maybe you will not cry (I hope).
Enjoy.
http://andrearotolo.tripod.com/dreamer/id1.html

#117342 - 08/15/03 12:03 AM Re: Two new songs with the Tyros
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ciao Dreamer,

Formidable !!!!!
I'm just listening the new version of Europa

It's just the sound, its seems like Santana is playing, you have the touch ,the changing of sound is a very good choice..
I prefer this version (did'nt my ears not hear a little pitch ??? )
No I go to listening the second MP3
Amitiés,
JJ

#117343 - 08/15/03 12:12 AM Re: Two new songs with the Tyros
Anonymous
Unregistered

So I listen to the second....

Con emozione....
The whistle is a good choice....I'm very jealous of your Tyros
I think i'll send you a mail to ask some questions about this arranger . I think they are the latest days of my 9000 Pro...RIP
Saluti,
JJ

#117344 - 08/15/03 07:16 AM Re: Two new songs with the Tyros
ChicoBrasil Offline

Loc: Belo Horizonte,Minas Gerais,Br...
Andrea.

Your home page is valorized with the addition of 2 excellent Ivan Lins songs : Setembro and Lembra de mim.
Nice melodies with intricated chord progressions.
Truly Andrea, you made a great rendition to Ivan, one of the best brasilian composers.
Bravo!!!

#117345 - 08/15/03 08:03 AM Re: Two new songs with the Tyros
Dreamer Offline

JJ,
many thanks for your nice words ; do you mind if I don't answer your question about the pitch bend wheel for the moment? I would like to take advantage of your remark to launch a mini-poll for our fellow Forum members:
"Do you think that on Europa 2 I am using the pitch bend wheel or not?"
I promise to answer the truth (and nothing else than the truth) only when more people will give their opinions.
Re. the Tyros, yes, you can email me when you like and I will give you my candid opinion about it.
Mercì!

Chico,
muito obrigado.
"Setembro" e "Lembra de mim" took more than one month and a half of study to be played properly; the first time I tried them the fingers of my left hand got all twisted (Lembra de mim was even worst than Setembro).
So, PLEASE, tell Daniel that for the "sauce" he will have to wait a bit more!

[This message has been edited by Dreamer (edited 08-15-2003).]

#117346 - 08/15/03 08:33 AM Re: Two new songs with the Tyros
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Another beautiful version! I like them both. No pitch bend wheel was used, but I like your technique.
DonM

#117347 - 08/15/03 11:22 AM Re: Two new songs with the Tyros
msutliff Offline

Loc: Cottage Grove, MN, USA
Hello Dreamer,

Wow! You just keep 'em coming...Great, great renditions!

I'm ever-so-slightly leaning towards the first rendition of Europa because of the continuous smooth sounding jazz guitar but I could listen to either and enjoy them the same.

As far as pitch bend goes, I don't think I'm hearing pitch bend but I think I hear you using the modulation wheel. Here's a sample with 3 five second snippets. The first is from Europa2. Notice the wavering of the sustained guitar note. The second 5 second piece is from Europa1...Same progression, no wavering. And finally, the third 5 second piece is from the very end of Europa2. Hear that little trilling (I don't know, what do you call it) going on 11 seconds into it? Did you do that effect or did the keyboard do it? Is that what happens when you slur-over two notes with the distortion guitar? I like it, it's cool. I just don't remember hearing something like that out of my board.

http://genny.lib.umn.edu/sample.mp3

Fun stuff!

mike

#117348 - 08/15/03 12:14 PM Re: Two new songs with the Tyros
Dreamer Offline

Mike,
what have you done to my poor songs?
Wow: what an ear you've got!
Hmmm... I am afraid that for the moment I cannot answer your question.
I will tell only this: modulation? YES, but with what?

#117349 - 08/15/03 12:41 PM Re: Two new songs with the Tyros
dlstarry Offline

Loc: MN. U.S.A.
Hi: Dreamer
Well there's another 35 min. of my life I'll never get back that's
how long it took to download Europa 2.
But what the heck I got more time then money anyway, I hope or
maybe I better say good bye to all my SZ friends now.
Hey I'm only spoofin, it was worth every min.
Well I have to say both of your rendition's of Europa are "GREAT"
but for me the first one is my fav.
As for the pitch bend "POLL" I don't think you used it.
I could be wrong though, I thought I was wrong one time in my life
but, I was mistaken.
Denny

#117350 - 08/15/03 02:39 PM Re: Two new songs with the Tyros
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
I enjoyed both your renditions of Europa, but prefer the 1st version because I think keeping the lead melody to just 'one instrument' provides a more powerful yet intimate 'single story teller' feel for a song of personal emotion & pathos as Europa.

I particularly enjoyed your thoughtful renditions of Ivan Lin's: "Lembra de min", as well as "Septembro". Lins is without a doubt the present day succesor to Jobim's title to the #1 Brazilian composer throne. Having had the opportunity of attending an intimate Lins concert myself (seated only 5-6 feet away from Mr Lins at the keyboard), I'd say you've captured the spirit of his music. Bravo !

A number of Yamaha Tyros' guitar sounds incorporate 'pitch bend' right in the sample itself depending on how long or hard your play the note. This is used to great advantage in the "Hawaiian Guitar". I suspect this is what's happening here (to a subtler degree) with the Guitar voice you used here as well, right?

Scott

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online