SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#116755 - 08/24/07 08:45 PM those who complain about those who complain
keysvocalssax Offline

Loc: Miami FL nov-may/Lakeville CT ...
at this writing an incredible 78 posts on "those who complain about weight", most of the action by guys who have heavy stuff who for some reason see sz as a place where there is constant whining and complaining about weight from wimps and the ignorant. i've been on sz over a year and aside from some REFERENCES to weight and some who say some piece of equipment is too heavy for them to consider, I fail to see the constant whining and complaining about weight that so offends some of the posters. I do, however, see constant complaining and whining from those who just can't STAND the idea that others could be musically proficient and/or fulfilled without going through the attendant inconvenience of heavy and/or complex setups, and take every opportunity to attack them. and, aside from Ian's maddeningly repetitive tag line signature, I see nobody who goes out of their way to attack those those prefer to use heavier and/or more complex setups. So what's up with that?

------------------
Miami Mo

#116756 - 08/25/07 03:26 AM Re: those who complain about those who complain
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Hi Mo,

Not wanting to be the one responsible for driving you mad, I have removed the tag line.

Wishing you the best in mental health,

Ian

PS..it should also bring some relief to poor Diki who was vainly trying to come up with a clever retort.

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 08-25-2007).]

#116757 - 08/25/07 05:48 AM Re: those who complain about those who complain
keysvocalssax Offline

Ian, you are a prince among men. I consider it among my noblest accomplishments to have led you to the path of righteousness. (but then again, I am mad as a hatter)

------------------
Miami Mo

#116758 - 08/25/07 05:57 AM Re: those who complain about those who complain
zuki Offline

I say "everyone enjoy their equipment, regardless of brand, weight or any other differences and enjoy making music".

I sure am blessed to be able to do what I really enjoy in life - playing live music.

If anyone misses this thrill - my advice is: go for it - you'll be fullfilled.

zuki

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Yamaha PSR SX900/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Senn 935/K&M stand/Shure SM57/Sony C80 (2)/Blue Encore 300

#116759 - 08/25/07 06:28 AM Re: those who complain about those who complain
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
My prediction is that this thread will not get half the responses of the weight thread - makes too much sense.

#116760 - 08/25/07 11:55 AM Re: those who complain about those who complain
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Quote:
Originally posted by cassp:
My prediction is that this thread will not get half the responses of the weight thread - makes too much sense.

Yeah, and who wants THAT.

chas

#116761 - 08/26/07 09:19 PM Re: those who complain about those who complain
keysvocalssax Offline

i just became poster #113 on the post that i thought was incredible a couple of days ago to have had 78 posts. what the hell, if you can't fight 'em join 'em.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online