those who complain about those who complain

Posted by: keysvocalssax

those who complain about those who complain - 08/24/07 08:45 PM

at this writing an incredible 78 posts on "those who complain about weight", most of the action by guys who have heavy stuff who for some reason see sz as a place where there is constant whining and complaining about weight from wimps and the ignorant. i've been on sz over a year and aside from some REFERENCES to weight and some who say some piece of equipment is too heavy for them to consider, I fail to see the constant whining and complaining about weight that so offends some of the posters. I do, however, see constant complaining and whining from those who just can't STAND the idea that others could be musically proficient and/or fulfilled without going through the attendant inconvenience of heavy and/or complex setups, and take every opportunity to attack them. and, aside from Ian's maddeningly repetitive tag line signature, I see nobody who goes out of their way to attack those those prefer to use heavier and/or more complex setups. So what's up with that?

------------------
Miami Mo
Posted by: ianmcnll

Re: those who complain about those who complain - 08/25/07 03:26 AM

Hi Mo,

Not wanting to be the one responsible for driving you mad, I have removed the tag line.

Wishing you the best in mental health,

Ian

PS..it should also bring some relief to poor Diki who was vainly trying to come up with a clever retort.

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 08-25-2007).]

Re: those who complain about those who complain - 08/25/07 05:48 AM

Ian, you are a prince among men. I consider it among my noblest accomplishments to have led you to the path of righteousness. (but then again, I am mad as a hatter)

------------------
Miami Mo
Posted by: zuki

Re: those who complain about those who complain - 08/25/07 05:57 AM

I say "everyone enjoy their equipment, regardless of brand, weight or any other differences and enjoy making music".

I sure am blessed to be able to do what I really enjoy in life - playing live music.

If anyone misses this thrill - my advice is: go for it - you'll be fullfilled.

zuki
Posted by: cassp

Re: those who complain about those who complain - 08/25/07 06:28 AM

My prediction is that this thread will not get half the responses of the weight thread - makes too much sense.
Posted by: cgiles

Re: those who complain about those who complain - 08/25/07 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by cassp:
My prediction is that this thread will not get half the responses of the weight thread - makes too much sense.

Yeah, and who wants THAT.

chas

Re: those who complain about those who complain - 08/26/07 09:19 PM

i just became poster #113 on the post that i thought was incredible a couple of days ago to have had 78 posts. what the hell, if you can't fight 'em join 'em.