SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#116503 - 03/30/05 01:02 PM Just Got My Fantom!!!
Pennywizz6 Offline

Loc: Shakopee, MN, USA
About twenty minutes ago I heard a knock on my door and there stood a package as tall as me. This thing is incredible, I just set it up and have been messing around with it for a few minutes and I can already tell that this thing is amizing! It seems to have so much more power and emphasis to all the sounds and it makes me sound better. The key feel is amazing, its a little sturdier than my XP and it looks like it has little metal blocks under it. Ill write a large review in a couple more days when i can dig in a little deeper.

Phil

#116504 - 03/30/05 01:57 PM Re: Just Got My Fantom!!!
Sheriff Offline

Loc: Frankfurt, Hessen, Germany
Is it the keyboard you bought via ebay? Or did you get your money back and bought just a new one?

------------------
Greetings from Frankfurt (Germany),
Sheriff ;-)

#116505 - 03/30/05 07:09 PM Re: Just Got My Fantom!!!
Pennywizz6 Offline

Kinda long story, but it has some wonderful news! The otherday I filled out one of those .gov complaint forms just for good causeand it cant hurt. I didnt exspect much out of it, and didnt think they would do much about it and would only use it as a reference, but I was wrong... My mom recieved a call yesterday during lunch from an ontario california police officer, the location where the guy lives who I first bought the board from! He went to the guys house, however he was not there, he was in the hospital (yeah for real!) So all in all i WILL get my money back!!! Im so thrilled, I cant beleive that I am getting my money back, a fresh astart, its wonderful!

Anywho, this 2nd board I bought is from a private seller (trust me i did plenty of background searches finding addresses and stuff bwefore I concidered buying it) He actually sent it before I sent the money! And he even shipped it UPS overnight!!! Shipping nearly cost as much as the board itself! So it arrived quickly which is really nice.

Phil

#116506 - 03/30/05 08:31 PM Re: Just Got My Fantom!!!
Sheriff Offline

Loc: Frankfurt, Hessen, Germany
Hey, cool!!!
And, what is it? A Yamaha? Korg? Kurzweil? No, not a Kurzweil...haha, that's a little bit out of that what's actually reachable for you I'm afraid... ...hmmm, well...let me try again...maybe...a Roland? No, don't tell me you've got a Fantom!?!
Come on, Phil, let the cat out of the bag!

------------------
Greetings from Frankfurt (Germany),
Sheriff ;-)

[This message has been edited by Sheriff (edited 03-30-2005).]

#116507 - 03/30/05 08:52 PM Re: Just Got My Fantom!!!
Pennywizz6 Offline

Haha it most certainly is a Roland Fantom! just the S though, same thing, minus the color screen and less polyphony, i just couldnt afford the X hehe. I love the thing though, its one amazing product, exspect a review soon

Phil

#116508 - 03/30/05 10:16 PM Re: Just Got My Fantom!!!
chony Offline

Loc: New York
Great news! Very happy it worked out for you. Gosh you must be bloody excited! (That's how we say it in Australia.)

Tell us about that .gov thing? What, where, how?

Chony

#116509 - 03/30/05 10:25 PM Re: Just Got My Fantom!!!
trident Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
Have a happy time Phil.!!!!!!!!!

#116510 - 03/30/05 10:30 PM Re: Just Got My Fantom!!!
Pennywizz6 Offline

Thanks guys, I am pretty thrilled this thing is incredible, especially being KBless for near a month and a half, if not more! Its amazing the difference between this thing and my older XP-60! Well I have to make a special thanks to Tony Rome! He reccommend filling out a claim at http://www.ifccfbi.gov/index.asp to try and help with my fraud problem, which i did, and got me where I am now! Thanks man! I basically just filled out the claim, and about a week later a police officer called my mom regarding the issue and that he went to his house, and went to get the money back personally! I thought that was just amazing!

Phil

#116511 - 03/31/05 10:07 AM Re: Just Got My Fantom!!!
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Penny I'm happy you got your Fantom, and very pleased to see that the first incident is working out for you as well I know you'll enjoy the Fanton. If you liked the Roland XP series you'll love the Fanton more. Curious did you sell the XP?

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#116512 - 03/31/05 10:38 AM Re: Just Got My Fantom!!!
Pennywizz6 Offline

Thanks Squeak, yeah I did sell the XP already.

Phil

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online