SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#116074 - 08/03/06 04:27 PM How to - with only one mic input?
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
One feature I've become acustomed to with the SD1 is the second mic input. This allows me to adjust volume and effects for each mic for each song that is saved in registration - very useful, since I usually work with female vocalist. I'm now considering a few keyboards (SD5 and G70) which do not have that 2nd mic input.

Is there any work-around that would allow me do this with only 1 mic input? Such as, a saved registration sending a midi message to a digital mixer? Would that work? Thanks for any suggestions.

Glenn

#116075 - 08/03/06 11:32 PM Re: How to - with only one mic input?
mdorantes Offline

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico
Hi Glenn:

The SD5 is like the X1, it only has one input, BUT, is stereo, and with a simple adaptor you can conect 2 microphones (page 148 in the SD5 owners manual), and also you can have the reverb and delay each independent of the other mic.....so, I hope this answer your question.

#116076 - 08/04/06 05:54 AM Re: How to - with only one mic input?
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
I suppose you could use any of the small non-powered mixers available to add inputs. Mine is a mixpad 9, but there are many under $100 to choose from. A new Berringer line has effects.

Russ

#116077 - 08/04/06 08:00 AM Re: How to - with only one mic input?
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by mdorantes:
The SD5 is like the X1, it only has one input, BUT, is stereo, and with a simple adaptor you can conect 2 microphones (page 148 in the SD5 owners manual), and also you can have the reverb and delay each independent of the other mic

Thanks, mdorantes, but I don't think so, not without feeding both mics into a mixer with effects. However, that would require readjusting the mixer effects settings on some songs. What I was looking for is a way, by using 2 mics plus a small mixer... to be able to have each mic's effects (reverb, delay, volume) controlled by a song's registration in the keyboard... by way of a midi message from the keyboard to the mixer..

[This message has been edited by GlennT (edited 08-04-2006).]

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online