There you go:
http://www.yamaha.com/yamahavgn/CDA/Cont...205500,00.html#

Enjoy

Eric

[This message has been edited by Eric, B (edited 10-05-2005).]

#116040 - 10/05/05 02:48 PM Re: Tyros2 now on Yamaha US with grand piano demo
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Hi Eric, thanks for the link. Regarding the 'Grand Piano' clip heard: though it sounds quite decent, it sounds (at least to me) like the same one used in Tyros1, and appears to CONFIRM what someone I know who's involved with the Tyros2 design team told me earlier as well, that Tyros2 utilizes the SAME 'Grand Piano' voice sample as included in Tyros1. - Scott

[This message has been edited by Scottyee (edited 10-05-2005).]

#116041 - 10/05/05 03:59 PM Re: Tyros2 now on Yamaha US with grand piano demo
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Hi Scott,

I actually like the samples even though they might be at a lower resolution than the arranger web site. The orchestral demo is definatley impressive.

Check out the feature link. As far as I can tell you are able to import sound files from 3rd party. If that is true.... WOW.
You can really make it your own..

We'll see.

Eric

#116042 - 10/05/05 04:32 PM Re: Tyros2 now on Yamaha US with grand piano demo
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
You've got to love the Suitecase Epiano....just awesome

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#116043 - 10/05/05 04:56 PM Re: Tyros2 now on Yamaha US with grand piano demo
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
OMG, I just listened to everyone of those voices and they are superb. The difference between the T1 and T2 is astounding.

Good Grief!!!!

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#116044 - 10/05/05 05:00 PM Re: Tyros2 now on Yamaha US with grand piano demo
Dnj Offline

How much technology of T1 is actually in T2?

#116045 - 10/05/05 05:24 PM Re: Tyros2 now on Yamaha US with grand piano demo
Scottyee Offline

I initially listened to the A-B demos thinking they didn't sound that hot, stopping them after only a few seconds listen.

It was ONLY after going back and re-listening, that I finally realized that those are A-B comparison samples with Tyros1 versions played first followed by Tyros2. I guess I didn't wait long enough to hear the Tyros2 version to be "blown away". Wow, it's ALL good stuff, and I'm more than excited than ever to get my hands on it . . . the Tyros2 that is ! - Scott

PS: Eric, congratulations on joining the Tyros2 owner's bandwagon. I just heard that Andrea (Dreamer) is planning to follow suit as well.

#116046 - 10/05/05 06:09 PM Re: Tyros2 now on Yamaha US with grand piano demo
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
It has been confirmed that the Mega Voices (all 18 of them) are NOT playable in a live context. As stated by Yamaha's own words, i.e. "Since they make special use of velocity switching, with completely different sounds in the various velocity ranges, they are meant not for playing but for programming."

Also, where did all the Drum Kits go? There are 13 Live! Drum Kits on the Tyros and only 9?? on the Tyros2?? What's up with that?

Bummer... same Live! Grand Piano patch as is on the Tyros. I was hoping Yammie would have put in even better Grand Piano sound[s] like are on the Fantom X's (only Yamaha's samples of course ). Not so apparently.

No increase in Polyphony which is another bummer. I am guessing the Super Articulation Voices are multi-layered (probably up to 8 layers per voice) so you can see the Polyphony could easily be used up depending on the variables, i.e. Layers R1, R2, R3, Left, Styles, Multipads, Vocal Harmony, Midi implementation, Sustain Pedal, and so on. It will be interesting to hear from T2 owners if they experience any note drop-outs. It has not been a problem on the Tyros, but on the T2?? We shall see...

And NO word on the amount of WAV ROM. What has Yamaha got to gain by withholding the amount? Well.. maybe if it's not much more than the Tyros then not telling might actually increase overall sales. How so you say? If they did come out and say how much, and the amount is, let's say, 100Mb's instead of the current Tyros' 96Mb's, people may balk and instead not upgrade or buy a T2; especially since there may be such a paltry of an amount gained. Also once people know it hasn't been increased significantly more consumers may be inclined to get a G70 which has an outstanding 192Mb's and is at the top of the heap as far as Arrangers go!

Something to think about anyway..

Best regards,
Mike

#116047 - 10/05/05 07:05 PM Re: Tyros2 now on Yamaha US with grand piano demo
Scottyee Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by keybplayer:
It has been confirmed that the Mega Voices (all 18 of them) are NOT playable in a live context.

Wake up! Mike, where have you been? That's OLD news! This is the 'very reason' Yamaha introduced the 42 brand new 'Super Articulation' voices . . . to make them PLAYABLE!

Here's the list of the 42 new Tyros2 Super Articulation Voices: Concert Strings, Studio Strings, Tremolo Bowing 1/2, Spiccato, Big Band Brass, Smooth Brass, Brass Fall f/mf, Brass Shake 1/2, Accent Falls, Trumpet, Silver Trumpet, Golden Trumpet, Big Band Trumpet, Trumpet Fall, Trumpet Shake 1/2, Saxophone, Big Band Sax, Rock Sax 1/2, Concert Guitar, Flamenco Guitar, Steel Guitar, Pedal Steel Guitar, Warm Solid, Clean Solid, Guitar Hero, Heavy Rock, 70s Solid Guitar, Nylon Guitar, Folk Guitar, Warm Electric, Clean Electric, Half Drive, Feedbacker, Magic Bell, Harpsichord, Jazz Rotary, Rock Rotary

The 18 megavoices (10 ported from Tyros1 + 8 more) are included on Tyros2 for auto accomp part playback, and to afford backward compatbility with Tyros1: These include: Small Strings, Large Strings, Brass, Tenor Sax, Trumpet, Nylon Guitar, Solid Guitar 1/2, Steel Guitar, Hi String Guitar, 12 String Guitar, Clean Guitar, Overdrive, Distortion, Acoustic Bass, Finger Bass, Pick Bass, Fretless Bass

Quote:

where did all the Drum Kits go? There are 13 Live! Drum Kits on the Tyros and only 9?? on the Tyros2?
This is perhaps your one question I'd like to know the answer to as well.

Quote:

Bummer... same Live! Grand Piano patch as is on the Tyros. I was hoping Yammie would have put in even better Grand Piano sound

The classic Tyros 'Grand Piano' sounds perfectly acceptable to me, but considering the fact that Tyros2 (after ooptional installation of 1,024MB DIM chips, supports 1 GB of sample (WAV,AIF) playback, I suspect that a new dedicated acoustic piano may eventually be offered by Yamaha to expand the Tyros2 sound palette.

Quote:

No increase in Polyphony which is another bummer. I am guessing the Super Articulation Voices are multi-layered (probably up to 8 layers per voice) so you can see the Polyphony could easily be used up. It will be interesting to hear from T2 owners if they experience any note drop-outs.

Keybplayer: I actually spoke with a good keyboard buddy who had the lucky opportunity to play Tyros2 at length (for several hours!), including playing the Super Articulation Voices extensively, and he did not report experiencing note 'drop outs' whatsoever.

Scott

#116048 - 10/06/05 09:23 AM Re: Tyros2 now on Yamaha US with grand piano demo
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:
Wake up! Mike, where have you been? That's OLD news! This is the 'very reason' Yamaha introduced the 42 brand new 'Super Articulation' voices . . . to make them PLAYABLE!

Scott

Scott, I realize the Mega Voices were/are NOT playable on the Tyros. But I was thinking/hoping that Yamaha could have/would have made the 18 Mega Voices finally playable in the "T2". 'Besides' the Super Articualtion Voices which are playable.

So I guess we count on the Mega Voices ALWAYS being NOT playable even when a Tyros3, 4, 5, 20 comes out. They will always be/suppose to be, for the Styles programming.

PS: I realize the Super Articulation voices are their (the Mega Voices) replacement as far as being able to be played. But it would have been nice for BOTH of them to be able to be played. That was my point entirely in my other post and in this one.

At least we have a consolation in the Super Articulation Voices though.

Best regards,
Mike

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online