SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#116031 - 09/23/01 07:44 AM Music Censorship
drubstar Offline

Loc: USA
Clear Channel Corporation, which owns most of the rock and pop stations in the Northeast and esp.in New york.has issued a diretive to all its radio station managers not to play certain songs.Tops on the list include Imagine,Stairway to heaven,American Pie,Peace train,All songs by Rage Against The Machine,and many more.Happily most radio station managers are defying this directive.The most requested song in New York was John Lennon's Imagine.As musicians that respect artistic freedom we should write to Clear Channel and say this is totally unacceptable.Fascism is rearing its ugly head.

#116032 - 09/23/01 04:29 PM Re: Music Censorship
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
Whoever owns a radio station has the right to choose or not to choose what will be played on their station. It is freedom of self expression. Noone has the right to prevent this freedon.

On the other hand a person has the right to choose not to listen to a station if he so desires. This is the same as freedom of speech.

#116033 - 09/23/01 06:21 PM Re: Music Censorship
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
They own four stations in our market, but they are not censoring anything here, at least yet. Their coverage of the events has been outstanding. They pre-empted everything else on all stations for several days, and donated huge amounts of money to relief.
DonM

#116034 - 09/23/01 09:54 PM Re: Music Censorship
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
NJ101.5 FM has been outstanding through this whole deal. They are always picking the right tunes - uplifting, patriotic, popular, poinient....unbelievable job. I won';t change the station till they go back to their old programing.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online