SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#115914 - 07/07/01 10:09 AM Hello SD1..GoodbyePA80
JCkeeys Offline

Loc: St. James,New York,USA
I traded up to the SD1...I am very happy I did...The difference, to me, is worth the extra$$! Many improvements over the X1.

#115915 - 07/07/01 10:50 AM Re: Hello SD1..GoodbyePA80
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Hi,
and congrats with your new "baby".
Please tell us more about your experiences
when you've been deeper into the material.
Also about what you find about the vocal harmonizer,
because I have never heard a keyboard who match that one.
(Heard it on a stand/demo)
Regards
GJ

[This message has been edited by Gunnar Jonny (edited 07-07-2001).]
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#115916 - 07/07/01 04:55 PM Re: Hello SD1..GoodbyePA80
flowerssupply Offline

Loc: Ireland
What price did you get on trade in if this is not too personal. We all take a beating when we trade generally speaking --they have us by the "obsessions" so to speak. Pierce in Ireland.

#115917 - 07/08/01 08:58 AM Re: Hello SD1..GoodbyePA80
JCkeeys Offline

Loc: St. James,New York,USA
Gunnar..You are correct!! The vocalizer is excellent!! It is going to take some time to dig into all that it can do. (By the way the manual that came with the SD1 is a "Preliminary" one it is not very thorough).
I played it at my dealer and knew I wanted it(I had the X1 on loan while waiting for the SD1 or PA80 to arrive). When the PA80 arrived first I purchased it with the intention of keeping it. But when the SD1 arrived my curiousty got the better of me(especially after hearing Notlos demos) and I tried it out. That was it!!! I wanted the SD1. It is really great when you take something home and it is even better than you thought it would be. That is exactly the case with the SD1. They have improved on the sounds and features of the X1. This is not to say the X1 is inferior just that the SD1 is Improved!
Pierce...I am fortunate to have a good relationship with my dealer and the trade up was a matter of the difference in price between the PA80 and the SD1(I only had the PA80 3 weeks). Most dealers here will give a 30 Day money back guarantee or exchange.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online