SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#115519 - 01/07/05 02:04 AM psr 3000 audio out question
bo Offline

Loc: Hilo, Hawaii
Anyone know if use the 2 audio outs (1/4" L/R and RCA) at the same time? can you assign drum and bass to 1/4" left and right and music mix to RCA aux out?
Recieving PSR 3000 hopefully tommorrow.
Aloha from Hawaii!!!

Mahalo,
Barett Otani

#115520 - 01/07/05 05:00 AM Re: psr 3000 audio out question
MacAllcock Offline

Loc: Preston, Lancashire, England
I am not aware of any "output routing" capability. I think that the phono outputs carry exactly the same signal as that which appears from the jack outputs, except that the phono outputs are unattenuated.

There is no problem using the jack and phono outputs simultaneously.

Theoretically, because the phono outputs come from a point "earlier" in the audio chain than the signal emerging from the jack sockets, then the phono signal to be slightly higher quality than that output by the jacks. I don't know whether this is noticeable in the real world, I'm afraid.

[This message has been edited by MacAllcock (edited 01-07-2005).]

#115521 - 01/07/05 05:36 AM Re: psr 3000 audio out question
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
There is no routing capability on the 3k.
I suppose you MIGHT be able to achive a psuedo work-a-round by panning bass and drums to the left and all else to the right, but the effects would screw it up.
If the separate outs are really important to you .... look at PA80 or Tyros. Don Mason's about ready to say bye-bye to my old Ty !

#115522 - 01/07/05 08:11 AM Re: psr 3000 audio out question
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I LOVE the Ty. I will only replace it when I find something I like better. The only current possibilities that I know of are new Korg, GEM, Roland and Ketron SD1, NONE of which I can put my hands on locally.
All of them seem to have drawbacks (for me) anyway, such as weight. The SD1 would probably be the best fit, but it is several years old now, and they surely must be planning something newer.
But you know me, I get the itch about once a year.
DonM

#115523 - 01/07/05 11:18 AM Re: psr 3000 audio out question
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I lIVE with that itch!

#115524 - 01/07/05 11:32 AM Re: psr 3000 audio out question
bo Offline

Loc: Hilo, Hawaii
Mahalo(thanks) for the reply guys. You guys are awesome. I have another question. Can you mute drum and bass tracks on PSR 3000 and yet send out midi info for external drum and bass tracks on my XD3? Can this be done without going through each song and reducing track levels for drum and bass tracks to 0 on PSR 3000. What I'm thinking of doing is have PSR 3000 for everyting except drum and bass sounds. I'll use my XD3 for that. sorry I hope that makes sense. Of course this is for our bigger jobs when sound man wants separate outs for drum and bass tracks. Again Mahalo for the reply. HAOLE MAKA HIKI HOU!!!(Happy New Year)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online