SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#115417 - 10/08/01 01:50 PM Question about QY100 !
orient Offline

Loc: Montreal,Canada
Hello,

I am planning to buy the QY100 but I still have some questions about this module.
Please if you know the answer let me know.

1. If I use a synthesizer to control the QY100, is it possible to keep the sounds from the synthesizer and use only patterns from QY100 ?

2. Is it possible to edit a preset style(pattern) and modify just one instrument, without copying to a song, and then save the whole pattern as a new one ?

Thanks a lot !

#115418 - 10/08/01 05:27 PM Re: Question about QY100 !
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
1. If I use a synthesizer to control the QY100, is it possible to keep the sounds from the synthesizer and use only patterns from QY100 ?
The answer is yes. If you have a synth that can split, then you can assign no sound to the left hand and only trigger the patterns in the QY100 while hearing the sounds of the synth on the right hand. If you don't have a synth that will split, you will also hear the synth sound across the entire keyboard.
2. Is it possible to edit a preset style(pattern) and modify just one instrument, without copying to a song, and then save the whole pattern as a new one ?
Yes you can modifty a style and save it as a new pattern. Remember that there are no preset patterns in the QY100. There are only preset phrases which you put into the patterns. Up to 8 phrases make up a pattern and you can record your own phrases if you don't want a factory phrase. A phrase is catagorized as Drum phrases, Percussion phrases, keyboard phrases, Guitar phrases, User phrases, etc.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online