SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#115276 - 11/30/01 06:12 AM The floppy shuffle for my PSR
Beakybird Offline

I think I found the best way (It was someone else's idea) to store floppies during a performance.

Have floppies of different colors for easy identification. I bought a 10 pack of neon colored floppies. They come in a plastic container. I tape velcro to the side of my PSR2000 and velcro to the back of the plastic container.

Now I can arrive at my gigs with the plastic container in my gigbag. I just open it up and attach it to the side of the keyboard.

Another tip. If you use floppies for styles, save the style in the tempo you want for the song you use it most with.

Larry

#115277 - 11/30/01 06:54 AM Re: The floppy shuffle for my PSR
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Larry: Hey GREAT tip! Yeah, the cool thing about the OTS (four custom voice regs) thing is that they are actually stored within the style file itself. It's nice to be able to have all the settings for a specific song or song type stored in one single small file which loads from floppy in just a couple of seconds, and because of this, you can fit MANY MANY styles (songs) on one floppy alone. Let's see now: got to figure out which color will go with which type of style. Decisions descisions

#115278 - 11/30/01 09:00 AM Re: The floppy shuffle for my PSR
Alex K Offline

Loc: Phoenix, AZ USA
A suggestion for Yamaha on improving PSR2000:

There are adapters which allow you to read Flash RAM cards (e.g. smartMedia or CompactFlash) in the floppy drive of the PC. They look like a floppy disk, but have a slot for sticking these memory cards in. All that is needed for a PC is a special driver software. If Yamaha can incorporate such support for this adapter in the next OS upgrade, this would give us the capability of storing 64MB or more on a single cartridge, without moving parts.

I still have not found PSR2000 in local stores (in Phoenix), but am anxiously waiting to play (and buy?) one.

Regards,
Alex

#115279 - 12/01/01 12:41 AM Re: The floppy shuffle for my PSR
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I LOVE Phoenix ..... I spent a week there, one day. And Tempe (sp?) is beautiful too.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online