SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#114958 - 03/03/02 02:29 PM Re: Help: Looking for: Yamaha PSR2000 Case
Beakybird Offline

I have the Kaces size 13 soft shell bag, and I'm super happy with it. I got it for $39 at Guitar Center.

It is well padded. It has two zippered bags. It's pretty sturdy. The first one I had lasted for 20 months of very heavy gigging. The bag is big enough to precisely fit my PSR2000, a tupperware container with my headset mic, mic cable, two sustain pedals, and a/c adapter, and my plastic case with floppies. I keep my music stand under the keyboard because I don't care if the under side of my PSR2000 gets scratches on it.

I would discourage some from buying a bag with wheels and a handle. I prefer a collapsable luggage carrier that can hold the keyboard w/ gig bag plus the keyboard stand. This way, for small gigs, you only need to make one trip. With the porter bags can you attach a keyboard stand?

With my setup, I can do everything in one trip. I have a duffle bag with two Advent Powered Partner (35 watts per channel and 8 lbs. apiece) that I sling over my shoulder for medium sized gigs.

This is my approach, and it works for me.

Larry

#114959 - 03/03/02 06:16 PM Re: Help: Looking for: Yamaha PSR2000 Case
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Quote:
Originally posted by Beakybird:
With the porter bags can you attach a keyboard stand?
Larry

Absolutely ! That's the beauty of the Porter - there is a small, pull out rack that holds the bottom of the stand built right in. There is a strap to secure it to the case too. One trip - easy access - good, solid transportation ..... using ONE hand.

#114960 - 03/03/02 07:08 PM Re: Help: Looking for: Yamaha PSR2000 Case
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Uncle Dave, Ahhhhh . . . . I finally figured it out. I guess I had mistakenly thought the #13 PSR size included the Kaces Porter as well as Larry's Kaces #13 bag.

Just to let you all know that I went ahead and ordered the Levys model #EM539DX case from George Kaye. I kinda liked the idea of having 'Kayes Music Scene' on the pocket, especially because George has been part of our family for SO LONG. I should be recieving it (by mail) in the next couple of days, so I'll let you all know what I think of it then. George, it better be NICE!

#114961 - 03/03/02 08:21 PM Re: Help: Looking for: Yamaha PSR2000 Case
Beakybird Offline

You can attach the keyboard stand to the bag? What have I been doing all this time? All the time I've been wasting with that luggage rack. Oh well, In a year or hopefully a bit more, when this bag wears out a bit, I'll splurge on the porter model.

Why didn't anyone tell me about this earlier?

Larry

#114962 - 03/03/02 09:13 PM Re: Help: Looking for: Yamaha PSR2000 Case
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Hmmm. You guys really got me thinking now. I also DID'T REALIZE you can attach other additional stuff to the Kases Porter case.

George Kaye told me (when I ordered it from him on the telephone yesterday) that he wasn't going to actually ship the Levys case to me until tomorrow (Monday).

George, do you carry the Kases Porter case #7 like the one Uncle Dave's got too? How much are you selling it for? I'm really hoping it isn't too late for me to change my mind.

- Scott

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online