Help: Looking for: Yamaha PSR2000 Case

Posted by: Scottyee

Help: Looking for: Yamaha PSR2000 Case - 03/02/02 07:44 AM

I’m looking for a very lightweight yet ‘well padded’ SOFT case for my PSR2000 keyboard. I realize that I had asked this question a while back, but just never got around to purchasing one because I was using my Technics KN5000’s case. Now I need to take out BOTH boards so a PSR2000 specific case is urgently needed.

The PSR2000’s dimensions are:

Length - - - Depth - - - Height
38-5/16” x 15-11/16’ x 6- 5/16”
973 cm x 399 cm x 161 cm

I’ve checked the catalog dimensions of many of the standard 'soft keyboard cases' and it seems that their typical height dimensions are slightly shorter in height and depth yet quite a bit longer in length than the PSR2000 is.

I’m noticed that many of the keyboard cases now include wheels so you can easily take it around like a built in luggage cart. I’m wondering if it’s worth the extra weight for this feature because I really need to keep the weight as light as possible.

I remember being recommened Levys (by Don Mason) & Kases Porter (by Uncle Dave) brand cases. Please tell me the exact 'model number' which will best fit the PSR2000.?

Also, what cases are other PSR2000 owners here using? I really need to purchase a new case SOON so feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

- Scott
Posted by: Uncle Dave

Re: Help: Looking for: Yamaha PSR2000 Case - 03/02/02 08:16 AM

Scott,
The "Keyboard Porter" is NOT a heavy case, and having the wheels and handle are a blessing for the nursing home circuit, where I only take the kb and no sound system. Open the car - slide out the kb - pull out the handle - and "off I go" !
The model was the mid-size one, I think. There is deifiatly one larger, and I THINK one smaller too. Mine is a nice, tight squeeze with a bout 4-6 inches at the side for pedals, mic, cables and power adapter.
It's in the car, so I have no idea of what the model number is, but the "#7" rings a bell. See if there is a model that is the right size with a "7" in it.
Posted by: George Kaye

Re: Help: Looking for: Yamaha PSR2000 Case - 03/02/02 08:23 AM

EM539DX is the bag I sell to all my 2000 customers. It fits great. It is made by Levys. The measurments are 39x15.6x6 and it fits great. Because it's a bag, a fraction of an inch off doesn't make it fit bad at all.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California

Re: Help: Looking for: Yamaha PSR2000 Case - 03/02/02 08:45 AM

Hi George: I couldn't find the EM539DX listed on Levys website:
http://www.levysleathers.com/levy2002DigitalCatalog/keyboardBags.pdf

Does the EM539DX come with 1/2" or 1" thick foam padding?
Posted by: George Kaye

Re: Help: Looking for: Yamaha PSR2000 Case - 03/02/02 09:06 AM

I have no Idea! Nobody has ever asked that question. How can you measure it when it's all covered up with nylon and stiching! All I know is that it is very popular amongst working musicians who need a good quality padded bag. Levys makes two quality bags and the DX is the deluxe model. It is nicely made with a cotton lining inside, a nice compartment for the music rack, a pocket on each end with a velcro strap and an overside pocket with zipper in the middle and.......every case I sell says Kaye's Music Scene on the Poctket. Great advertising for me!
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
Posted by: jedi

Re: Help: Looking for: Yamaha PSR2000 Case - 03/02/02 09:16 AM

Hi Scott,
Check out, Pro-Tec cases at, www.ptcases.com/keyboard.htm
Click on Yamaha and the case that will fit the PSR-2000 (same size as 740) is PK-505. I hope this helps,
jedi

Re: Help: Looking for: Yamaha PSR2000 Case - 03/02/02 09:17 AM

Kaye's Music Scene? Ok I'm SOLD !
I'll give you a call . . .
Posted by: Gunnar Jonny

Re: Help: Looking for: Yamaha PSR2000 Case - 03/02/02 09:27 AM

Scott,
973 cm x 399 cm x 161 cm ??????
Are you looking for a new home as well ??

GJ

Re: Help: Looking for: Yamaha PSR2000 Case - 03/02/02 09:52 AM

Uncle Dave,

I checked the Kaces Porter website and it lists size 13 for the PSR740 (no listing for the PSR2000). The PSR740 is about the same size as the PSR2000, right?
http://www.aceproducts.com/f_kbdchart.html

Can you possibly double check to confirm that your case is actually size #7 and not #13. Thanks.

Re: Help: Looking for: Yamaha PSR2000 Case - 03/02/02 12:27 PM

Scott,
The PORTER is the case I recommend, NOT the standard KB bag. There is no #13 porter.
Here's the site quote:

"Keyboard Porters available in sizes 7, 9, 11 and now size 14 for 88 note keyboards"

I really think the #7 fits, but the #9 might be a little less tight. Do they list the measurments anywhere?
Posted by: Beakybird

Re: Help: Looking for: Yamaha PSR2000 Case - 03/03/02 02:29 PM

I have the Kaces size 13 soft shell bag, and I'm super happy with it. I got it for $39 at Guitar Center.

It is well padded. It has two zippered bags. It's pretty sturdy. The first one I had lasted for 20 months of very heavy gigging. The bag is big enough to precisely fit my PSR2000, a tupperware container with my headset mic, mic cable, two sustain pedals, and a/c adapter, and my plastic case with floppies. I keep my music stand under the keyboard because I don't care if the under side of my PSR2000 gets scratches on it.

I would discourage some from buying a bag with wheels and a handle. I prefer a collapsable luggage carrier that can hold the keyboard w/ gig bag plus the keyboard stand. This way, for small gigs, you only need to make one trip. With the porter bags can you attach a keyboard stand?

With my setup, I can do everything in one trip. I have a duffle bag with two Advent Powered Partner (35 watts per channel and 8 lbs. apiece) that I sling over my shoulder for medium sized gigs.

This is my approach, and it works for me.

Larry

Re: Help: Looking for: Yamaha PSR2000 Case - 03/03/02 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Beakybird:
With the porter bags can you attach a keyboard stand?
Larry

Absolutely ! That's the beauty of the Porter - there is a small, pull out rack that holds the bottom of the stand built right in. There is a strap to secure it to the case too. One trip - easy access - good, solid transportation ..... using ONE hand.

Re: Help: Looking for: Yamaha PSR2000 Case - 03/03/02 07:08 PM

Uncle Dave, Ahhhhh . . . . I finally figured it out. I guess I had mistakenly thought the #13 PSR size included the Kaces Porter as well as Larry's Kaces #13 bag.

Just to let you all know that I went ahead and ordered the Levys model #EM539DX case from George Kaye. I kinda liked the idea of having 'Kayes Music Scene' on the pocket, especially because George has been part of our family for SO LONG. I should be recieving it (by mail) in the next couple of days, so I'll let you all know what I think of it then. George, it better be NICE!
Posted by: Beakybird

Re: Help: Looking for: Yamaha PSR2000 Case - 03/03/02 08:21 PM

You can attach the keyboard stand to the bag? What have I been doing all this time? All the time I've been wasting with that luggage rack. Oh well, In a year or hopefully a bit more, when this bag wears out a bit, I'll splurge on the porter model.

Why didn't anyone tell me about this earlier?

Larry

Re: Help: Looking for: Yamaha PSR2000 Case - 03/03/02 09:13 PM

Hmmm. You guys really got me thinking now. I also DID'T REALIZE you can attach other additional stuff to the Kases Porter case.

George Kaye told me (when I ordered it from him on the telephone yesterday) that he wasn't going to actually ship the Levys case to me until tomorrow (Monday).

George, do you carry the Kases Porter case #7 like the one Uncle Dave's got too? How much are you selling it for? I'm really hoping it isn't too late for me to change my mind.

- Scott