SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#114640 - 03/09/03 02:18 PM Re: Any good Genesys demos out there?
ziggy Offline

Loc: Malta
Guys I myself will do my best to find time to give you some good demos, the problem right now is that I work nearly every night so I leave everything in my car, but I do my best to do some demos for you to listen to.One thing I can assure you is that the real sounds on the genesys sound so real that I am having trouble in convincing people that I am really playing the keyboard. The alto Sax is something I have never heard on any keyboards and the Tijuna and Mexico Trumpets are outstanding to give you just an idea you listen to some tunes by Tuijuana and the brass and you get an idea what the trumpets sounds like.
I have been working with the Genesys for over 6 months now and and I thrilled with what one can do with it.One thing I have to agree with you over in the States is that the price is way higher than it is in Europe, but then I guess is the distance it has to travel, but I got it at nearly half the price you are getting it in the States.

#114641 - 03/09/03 08:31 PM Re: Any good Genesys demos out there?
S0C9 Offline

Loc: NRH, TX, USA
IMHO,
given the approx. $6000 "Factory-direct" price tag - it's w-a-a-a-y over-priced for the US market. European prices (50% less) would make it a machine that would definitely sell on a par with PSR9000 Pro, Tyros, PA80, and others !!

Regards,
Steve

#114642 - 03/09/03 11:55 PM Re: Any good Genesys demos out there?
PaulD Offline

Loc: Eugene, OR
Don't take this the wrong way, but the genesys isn't on the same par as the PSR9000 Pro, Tyros, PA80, and others. Why should it sell in the same price range? It does more, and in my opinion sounds better. Not to say that the other don't sound good, but there is a difference. Just think by the pound (weight) the genesys is a better value .Also since when is 5199.95, 6,000 . Just the ability to load Kurzweil and Akai samples..... That isn't to down play the other 1300 sounds inside the genesys, which will knock your socks off.

Have you ever heard the Spectrasonic or Illio stuff?

I have some stuff for you to all hear, but I have to wait till I am on a high-speed internet connection to upload.

Paul

#114643 - 03/10/03 07:38 AM Re: Any good Genesys demos out there?
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I've read this post with a lot of interest, just as I have read the tyros posts and those on other specific keyboards. Personally, I would never buy a keyboard, regardless of price, unless I could physically touch, feel, play and smell the keys--it's that simple. I've heard more keyboard hype over the past decade than I would have ever believed possible, and everyone that manufacturs a keyboard claims theirs is the best sounding board on the market. This, unfortunetely, is quite subjective, therefore, it's a claim that must be evaluated by the person actually touching the keys and listening to what's coming out of the headphones or speakers.

Paul, I've listened to the WAV/style files on the site, they sound just fine, but unless I can hear them in person, with my puggy little fingers touching the keys, I cannot evaluate the keyboard. Is there any U.S. dealer in the mid-Atlantic region--someone within 250 miles of Baltimore? If so, I'll be more than happy to drive there this week and do my thing.

Let me know,

Gary

[This message has been edited by travlin'easy (edited 03-10-2003).]

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#114644 - 03/10/03 08:06 AM Re: Any good Genesys demos out there?
sk880user Offline

Loc: United States
8th street music is in phili, they might carry it.

#114645 - 03/10/03 08:51 AM Re: Any good Genesys demos out there?
travlin'easy Offline

Thanks, I'll give them a call today.

Gary

#114646 - 03/10/03 09:27 AM Re: Any good Genesys demos out there?
travlin'easy Offline

Just got off the telephone with 8th Street Music in phili and they said they don't show a listing for the keyboard from their suppliers and said to check back with them in a couple months.

Just checked with Washington Music and Music Land and both said at best this would be a special order item and to their knowledge, there are none available in the mid-Atlantic region at this time.

Guess I'll keep looking,

Thanks,

Gary

[This message has been edited by travlin'easy (edited 03-10-2003).]

#114647 - 03/10/03 10:44 AM Re: Any good Genesys demos out there?
Dazza Offline

Loc: Great Britain
Hi

Sorry Paul you wont like me for this.................

If you log onto www.solton.com you will find the Genysys there as it is being re-badged as a solton for the German market. Some deal Gem have struck a bit like the Baldwin piano deal in the states.

There you will find a very informative site and some good demos. its a shame Gem havent got there act into gear with there site.

However the US site is very good. Check the solton site out its good and its called an SG1 there.

Well worth a look.

Dazza

#114648 - 03/10/03 11:32 AM Re: Any good Genesys demos out there?
PaulD Offline

Loc: Eugene, OR
Dazza, Never offended by information, the more the merrier... There was another thread that mentioned this site as well. The SG-1 is not the same instrument however, because the genesys runs on flash, it is very easy for Generalmusic to build an instrument for every market and change what the instrument sounds like and does. This isn't just marketing, that instrument doesn't have the same styles and sounds as the genesys. On the SG-1, they have a heavier focus on Accordion Sounds and more German styles etc. The styles also work different, I can't remember what exactly is different, but I am thinking the style when playing don't vary when playing 7th, minors, or sus chords. I will ask Chris when he gets back from the Show. Where as the SG-1 look the same, they are truly different.

What else would you like to see on the US site that is not already there? (besides more demos)

Gary, I'll find a dealer for you, in your area that has one. I would like to send you the information via email. I would NEVER in a million years buy a keyboard without touchy feely and spending some alone time with the instrument. Time with an instrument is the best judge, I have gotten myself some dog keyboards, because on the outset I enjoyed the instrument but as soon as I started really working with the instrument I hated them. If you spend some time, with an open mind, you will love the genesys.

#114649 - 03/10/03 12:08 PM Re: Any good Genesys demos out there?
travlin'easy Offline

Thanks Paul,

Send the info to keyboard@bcpl.net.

Cheers,

Gary

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online