SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#114630 - 03/08/03 02:07 AM Any good Genesys demos out there?
MonSound Offline

Loc: Norway
Since there is no news from Roland on the arranger business, even on the Musik Messe, I have decided to turn to other brands. As a big Roland fan this really hurts, but I can see no other options, and Ï'm really disappointed about Roland's lack of information on this issue. At the moment I'm gathering information about the Tyros and the Genesys, and I find them both very interesting.

To the point: I just downloaded the video from the NAMM 2002 show (see the topic "Generalmusic Genesys Video), and I really like what I hear. The problem is that the video has really bad sound quality, and I fell that we don't get to hear what this board really is good for. Also, none of the demo songs I have found on the internet (included the ones on Generalmusic's site) show us much of the "Real sounds".

Anybody out there who have good songs from the Genesys? I would really appreciate if someone could make them available for download.

If you people from Generalmusic is reading this, you should really use some efforts to bring us high-quality demos, which shows us the full potential of the keyboard. Many of us are using the internet sources when we make up our decision of what keyboard to buy, and good demo songs are really important for us.

#114631 - 03/08/03 12:58 PM Re: Any good Genesys demos out there?
Dnj Offline

#114632 - 03/08/03 02:36 PM Re: Any good Genesys demos out there?
PaulD Offline

Loc: Eugene, OR
I total agree, the video online was an afterthought, with such out pouring of excitement for the genesys, after people viewed the video. I suspect that Generalmusic will actually make videos for the public consumption. As a posted in another thread, that video wasn't really made for the glitz that is expected when showing an instrument to the public. That video was produced to show DSM's and Generalmusic Dealers.

As far as demo songs, I'd be happy to place a few online for you to hear, that aren't on the site already. What would you like to hear, styles, sounds, etc.

#114633 - 03/08/03 03:06 PM Re: Any good Genesys demos out there?
trtjazz Offline

Paul,
Whatever you're willing to put up, I'd like to hear...the more the better.
thanks

------------------
jam on,
Terry http://imjazzed.homestead.com/Index.html

#114634 - 03/08/03 05:32 PM Re: Any good Genesys demos out there?
PaulD Offline

Terry,

I can put up a lot of stuff and will, what kind of things shall I concentrate on... What sounds or styles are important to you?

#114635 - 03/08/03 11:23 PM Re: Any good Genesys demos out there?
Lou Y Offline

Loc: NY USA
Paul,
As Terry said:
Quote:
What ever you're willing to put up, I'd like to hear...the more the better.

Also, I'm waiting for the speakerless model to be released, would you have any pictures and how long before it hits the stores?

------------------
Lou

#114636 - 03/09/03 12:39 AM Re: Any good Genesys demos out there?
PaulD Offline

I do not have any pictures of the genesys Pro. The instrument should be shipping within 30-45 days, but to be safe I would say 60 Days. I will see if I can scare up some pictures for you. I will work on some more demos for the genesys and post them shortly.

#114637 - 03/09/03 01:28 AM Re: Any good Genesys demos out there?
Lou Y Offline

Loc: NY USA
Thanks Paul, that would be great...

------------------
Lou

#114638 - 03/09/03 01:55 AM Re: Any good Genesys demos out there?
trtjazz Offline

Paul,
My tastes for syles are the jazz and latin mainly.
Sounds more to the acoustic or "sweet sounds"
soprano sax,flute,harmonica,violin,acoustic guitar and whatever you think it is that shows the Genesys off best.
thanks for the effort.

------------------
jam on,
Terry http://imjazzed.homestead.com/Index.html

#114639 - 03/09/03 12:50 PM Re: Any good Genesys demos out there?
MonSound Offline

Loc: Norway
Paul,

Personally I would like to hear some of the ballad styles, and also some blues, jazz and big band. When it comes to sounds, I'm mainly interested in the "Real sounds", like trumpet, flutes, trombone and saxophone. Also some good guitar sounds would do.

The more I read and hear about this keyboard, the more i like it. Thanks Paul, and also all of you other guys who have brought information about the Genesys in this forum.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online