SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#114579 - 02/13/04 03:57 PM Checkout Synthzone Member Richard Child's Music !
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
I know some of you may have already discovered the beautiful professionally produced music recorded by our Synthzone arranger keyboard buddy Rich Childs (RichUK), but in case you haven't yet, I highly recommend you give this guy a listen:
http://richmusic.co.uk

Great song selections, sensitive (believe-able) vocal renditions: well conceived and produced, and believe it or not, some of the backing arrangements were made with Band in A Box. My favorites include "If" and "He'll Have to Go".

Rich, a BIG 'welcome back' to you to our forum. Realizing that you've a longtime member (since July 2000), I hope you to stay around a while longer this time, as your contributions will be highly valued. - Scott

PS: Looking forward to hearing more music from you 'soon'.

#114580 - 02/13/04 08:32 PM Re: Checkout Synthzone Member Richard Child's Music !
deatonent Offline

Loc: Tazewell, VA, USA
Bravo Rich! Simply super!
Deaton

#114581 - 02/13/04 09:18 PM Re: Checkout Synthzone Member Richard Child's Music !
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
Great job on all you songs, Rich. Anxious to hear about your recording methods. Thanks for bringing this to our attention, Scott.

#114582 - 02/13/04 10:37 PM Re: Checkout Synthzone Member Richard Child's Music !
vclocke Offline

Loc: riverside, ca, usa
You're right Scott !!

A really nice voice and nice clean recordings. What kind of keyboard(s).

vc

------------------
Vern

#114583 - 02/14/04 05:36 AM Re: Checkout Synthzone Member Richard Child's Music !
RichUK Offline

Loc: England
Hey Scott, thanks for giving my webpage a plug! It is good to be back here My last arranger keyboard was a Roland E-86 which I sold in 2002. Hoping to replace it with the PSR3000 when it arrives here in the UK.

Thanks also to Deaton, Glenn and Vern, I'm really glad you enjoyed listening.

The three BIAB songs are 'He'll Have To Go', 'Someone, Someone' and 'Blueberry Hill'. The first two utilise the full styles... 'Blueberry Hill' just the drums and bass, as I played the piano part.

I've just started work on the backing for a new recording, utilising BIAB in the main and editing/adding piano and other bits in Cakewalk.

Vern, the sound source for the 2002 songs is a Roland SC-880 (same sound source as Roland G-1000), kind of a rack mount Sound Canvas SC-88Pro.

Glenn, the SC-880 is plugged into a Roland VS-1680, along with a BeyerDynamic TGX-480 mic. My actual recording method was pretty crude really... you can read about it here:
http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum37/HTML/003105.html

I used a DAT machine at first, utilising the limiter, but later plugged the mic straight into the recorder (Unchained Melody).

I wasn't able to do anymore recordings till now, due to other things which came up... so it'll be back to the VS manual in the next few days

Thanks again...

All the best,
Rich

#114584 - 02/14/04 06:13 AM Re: Checkout Synthzone Member Richard Child's Music !
eddiefromrotherham Offline

Loc: Rotherham,England.
Eddie Johnson here

WOW WOW WOW!!!!
I had to tell you that the reason you haven't heard from me for a while (14 days ,Ive had the DT's !)is that I have invested in a new Pc. with Pentium4 and all the newest gadgets AND Broadband

Now I have the facility to download in a flash all the wonderful MP3's from you guys.
As a matter of fact, I have just in an amazing few minutes downloaded all the MP3's of Richard Child which are on his super website and using new CD burning software have a prized CD to play at will of all his 10 songs!!!!All within a few minutes, literally
I particularly like your "I'll Remember You", sounds to me very much like ELVIS!!!

@Richard Wonderful songs, beautifully made and anyone else who hasn't already heard them should hear them NOW. Richard is a terrific artist to be enjoyed on a CD in your car, in your room, in your working environment, anywhere. Really soothing, relaxing and will surely rid you of all your tensions,fears,pains.

Thanks Richard
Eddie Johnson

------------------
Eddie from Rotherham
www.yamahakeyboards.info

#114585 - 02/14/04 11:06 AM Re: Checkout Synthzone Member Richard Child's Music !
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Excellent Rich! You have a wonderful voice!!

Your recording method even though you say is rather crude comes across as very professional sounding. Very crisp and clean sounding with lots of Volume! Thanks again and to Scott for pointing us to your web site.

Best regards,
Mike

#114586 - 02/14/04 12:33 PM Re: Checkout Synthzone Member Richard Child's Music !
trtjazz Offline

Rich
You were holding out on us. Very cool stuff and what a deep rich voice, I'm jealous of it. Real nice.
Terry

------------------
jam on,
Terry http://imjazzed.homestead.com/Index.html

#114587 - 02/15/04 01:59 AM Re: Checkout Synthzone Member Richard Child's Music !
YamBox Offline

Loc: Finland
Rich,

very nice! Really enjoyed listening.

#114588 - 02/15/04 07:34 PM Re: Checkout Synthzone Member Richard Child's Music !
RichUK Offline

Loc: England
Thank you Eddie, I really appreciate what you wrote there.

Regarding 'I'll Remember You'... strangely, it was actually an Elvis impersonator who asked me to make a backing for him of this song. The version I knew (and love) appears on 'Aloha From Hawaii' but he sent me a tape of 'The 60s Masters' containing the original recording Elvis made of the song. Well, since I made the backing, thought I'd record it. I ended up being asked to sing it at the end of his tribute show on August 16th that year.

Thank you Mike, Terry and YamBox, it's really good to have your support!

All the best,
Rich

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online