SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#114506 - 01/19/04 06:34 PM Re: Ketron , Korg and Yamaha ..is all that's left
JCkeeys Offline

Loc: St. James,New York,USA
On the GEM US website the price for the Pro is "Factory Direct" $5199.00!!! WOW !!! List is over $6K! Whats with that!!!

#114507 - 01/19/04 06:42 PM Re: Ketron , Korg and Yamaha ..is all that's left
JCkeeys Offline

Loc: St. James,New York,USA
FACT: A Pa1xpro can be had for under $2900.
A TYROS under $2500
Less than a $500 difference.
TYROS NO HD
No Upgrades
61 Keys
So So harmonizer
No Low Z Mic input
Is The PA1x Really THAT MUCH MORE ????

#114508 - 01/19/04 07:05 PM Re: Ketron , Korg and Yamaha ..is all that's left
Dnj Offline

Yep that Gem Genesys does have some great features.....but its expensive, hard to find to try one, and being its an all in one if somthing breaks do you have to send the Kb in for service or can you remove the broken part only eg: cd, mp3, or whatever...?

#114509 - 01/19/04 07:37 PM Re: Ketron , Korg and Yamaha ..is all that's left
harosha Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL, USA
JCKeeys,

You are so right about Tyros and PA1X Pro. The differences are really huge, there is hardly any comparison. Don't forget to add the sampler and the fact that the entire keyboard can be customized with brand new styles, even the factory styles are replacable. Infact the price difference between a 61 keys vs 76 keys in a same model keyboard is normally $350 - $400 (look at motif ES6 and ES7)

#114510 - 01/19/04 07:46 PM Re: Ketron , Korg and Yamaha ..is all that's left
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Good points guys. Where can I see a PA1XPro?
DonM

#114511 - 01/19/04 08:10 PM Re: Ketron , Korg and Yamaha ..is all that's left
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
Not likely to be seen anywhere around here Don. My local store, which has a lot of keyboards, isn't sure they are going to put it on display. They already sold two, but those were ordered by customers who already knew what they wanted.

High end arrangers are still a niche market. The store does have the Tyros on display, but not many other arrangers, except for most of the current Yamaha line and the WK series boards. I can't say I blame them. How many people who don't know / use arrangers are going to walk in off the street and buy a PA1x at over $ 3,000 USd just because they have it on display. They tried it with the PA80, and later when I asked why it was gone, the kb manager told me they had sold a grand total of one ( the one that was on display at a reduced price.. )

AJ

#114512 - 01/19/04 09:11 PM Re: Ketron , Korg and Yamaha ..is all that's left
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by harosha:
the fact that the entire keyboard can be customized with brand new styles, even the factory styles are replacable.

This was one of the things I loved about my old PA80..I have styles that take storage room on my Yammy that I'll never use & can't remove Argggg

#114513 - 01/20/04 12:12 AM Re: Ketron , Korg and Yamaha ..is all that's left
ziggy Offline

Loc: Malta
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Yep that Gem Genesys does have some great features.....but its expensive, hard to find to try one, and being its an all in one if somthing breaks do you have to send the Kb in for service or can you remove the broken part only eg: cd, mp3, or whatever...?

Dnj if you have a small knowhow you can easely change yourself the Hard Disk, CD, Flppy, Video Card they can all be removed and still the keyboard keeps working normally.

I still can't understand why it is so Expensive in the states it's half that price in Europe, perhaps the shipping and the Euro bieng so strong??

Genesys does have a Flash memory....so all styles can be changed that is factory syles to, plus you have many extra user bank to be filled and for those who like to do STYLES from Midi files, yopu have STYLE WORKS softwaer "Obvious you have to buy" very easy to operate and creat very good styles.

Tony.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online