SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#114342 - 11/15/03 11:11 AM Re: OT: Cell Phones & Service Provider Recommendations
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Scott,
I use T-Mobile and never had a problem. great Reception Nationwide & Great Service plans.

I finally signed on with T-Mobile (thanks to Donny's excellent recommendation ) and in addition to appreciating their very friendly & helpful customer service, happy with the reception and coverage I'm getting as well. Donny: I'm looking forward to chattin' with ya on T-Mobile.

I purchased a Nokia 6610, http://www.nokia.com/nokia/0,1522,,00.html?orig=/phones/6610/ which easily slips inconspiciously into my front pocket.

In addition to Donny, are there any other T-Mobile cell phone users here? My T-Mobile cell phone service includes 24 hour, 7 days/week FREE 'unlimited' calling between any other US T-Mobile cell phone user. If you're on T-Mobile and interested in chatting please email me.

Scott

#114343 - 11/15/03 11:28 AM Re: OT: Cell Phones & Service Provider Recommendations
Dnj Offline

Scott,
Good luck with your new T-Mobile cell phone....I love mine........I don't know how we lived without them

Call me anytime...If I'm on stage leave a message.

carry On

#114344 - 11/15/03 08:44 PM Re: OT: Cell Phones & Service Provider Recommendations
Bill E Offline

Loc: nashville
Scott, very pleased with Verizon and my Samsung A310 flip-phone. Big clear display, big easy to see buttons, flip it open to answer, close it to hang up, all without looking at it. My wife has a piece-of-junk- Noika that you have to squint and try to hit the tiny buttons----not old blind me! It also survived bouncing out of my pocket and onto the concrete, (twice!) when I have forgotten that it was in my pocket and decided to attempt an impromptu jump shot while walking past the basketball court. Service varies by area, but do try to get a decent phone, it is worth the difference.
Bill

#114345 - 11/15/03 10:57 PM Re: OT: Cell Phones & Service Provider Recommendations
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Bill: Great to hear the Samsung A310 is working out for you. I agree that Samsung flip phones have some great features. I actually had a chance to audition (14 day free trial) a number of flip phones (including yours from Verizon, and others from Cingular, AT&T, and T-Mobile) but for me, an important cell phone requirement is that it can be stored inconspicously inside my front pants pocket rather than mounted visibly outside with a belt clip. I find that even the smallest & thinniest flip phones are still a little thick to remain inconspicious inside your front pants pocket. Though the buttons on my Nokia 6610 are admittedly a bit small, I'm willing to sacrifice this in exchange for it's smaller thinner size, allowing me to easily slip it into my front pants pocket without anyone ever suspecting that I have a phone on me. This is especially important for formal occasions and performing on stage. The sound quality of the 6610 speaker phone is particularly impressive for its size. The other reason I chose a Nokia is because Nokia's have the reputation for having the best RF signal sensitivity for placing & receiving calls in weak signal areas. In a real life comparison test, I was able to make calls with my Nokia 6610 in places where my friend's current model Samsung & Sanyo flip phones couldn't. I suppose that choosing phones & arranger keyboards is similar in that we have to find the one that best suits our own indiviual needs. - Scott

#114346 - 11/17/03 09:19 AM Re: OT: Cell Phones & Service Provider Recommendations
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
This site came online today. It compares cell phone plans and prices. It also facilitates change of plans for the consumer.
http://www.wirefly.com

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online