SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#114180 - 10/18/06 08:06 AM Re: ot/ Is Bit Defender better then NORTON....OR? antivirus?
Dnj Offline

HI Bill.....I definitely will not try this heheheh.....I have to bring the pC in for a new bigger 250G HD......so I'll get it all fixed, reformatted and working right again in the shop.....& make sure the AVG is always on and updated for the kids.

#114181 - 10/18/06 08:19 AM Re: ot/ Is Bit Defender better then NORTON....OR? antivirus?
Tony Rome Offline

Loc: Cozumel Mexico
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:

Subject: how to delete these viruses...

Question
"Hi, i ran a viruses scan using AVg free edition today and found that some files were infected but they cannot be deleted.
the status of the files are
trojan horse downloader. Generic2 KMB and they are embeded. 5 other files are Virus identified java/byteverify

Answer>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
The best way to delete the infected file would be deleting it from safe mode. If you are not able to delete the identified file, remove the attrib from DOS mode.

-s -h -r would remove the attribs. If you have Windows XP, you can also delete it from Recovery console.. "

Anyone know if this works?

DONNY, I LOVE YA BROTHER...however, PLEASE,
PLEASE, don't send me any e-mails or attachments until you get it FIXED..hehehehe
TR

#114182 - 10/18/06 08:59 AM Re: ot/ Is Bit Defender better then NORTON....OR? antivirus?
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Guys forget what PC polls say..AVG rules..My laptops have been running the free version for over 5 years without problems..I use to use McAfee on my desktops , but things were a little sluggish, but no viruses..

I now use Norton for the last 2 years .The first version I used was the best"internet security with firewall"..I recently renewed it for 2 years..thought I selected the same[the 1st was 2005, so I selected 2006]..It is different , but I can still retain the firewall from my original..

I would recommend Norton, and AVG..

I to had a tough time renewing McAfee after it ran out..That is why I gave up and switched..

#114183 - 10/18/06 09:05 AM Re: ot/ Is Bit Defender better then NORTON....OR? antivirus?
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Rome:

DONNY, I LOVE YA BROTHER...however, PLEASE,
PLEASE, don't send me any e-mails or attachments until you get it FIXED..hehehehe
TR

TR it aint my personal office pc its my kids!! I only send dirty pictures to Fran

#114184 - 10/19/06 06:35 AM Re: ot/ Is Bit Defender better then NORTON....OR? antivirus?
Dnj Offline

problem solved

I took the PC to the shop...wiped it clean, new bigger hard drive installed...I got no time for fiddling with it....let the kids fool around Daddy's here

#114185 - 10/19/06 08:11 AM Re: ot/ Is Bit Defender better then NORTON....OR? antivirus?
Tony Rome Offline

Loc: Cozumel Mexico
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
problem solved

I took the PC to the shop...wiped it clean, new bigger hard drive installed...I got no time for fiddling with it....let the kids fool around Daddy's here

Great....alls well that end well.....Fran,
don't share the photos with us, the FBI is watching.....hehehe

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online