SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#114038 - 11/23/04 06:44 PM PA question.
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Just happened to remember when I was checking into getting a Behringer PMH880S stereo powered mixer the salesman said that I would need to use stereo or balanced patch cords from my Tyros to the PA head.

I think this sounds rather odds to me. I would think mono or unbalanced cords would be the way to go. What's the real scoop on this?

Scott

#114039 - 11/23/04 07:31 PM Re: PA question.
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Scott,

AFter looking at the specifications for that mixer, I came to the conclusion the salesman did not know what he was talking about.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#114040 - 11/23/04 08:32 PM Re: PA question.
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Scott, I am interested in your thoughts on using your JBL 10's and the subwoofer from the Z5500. Is the subwoofer strong enough for a room of 200-250 people?

Thanks, John C.

By this time next month I will own a Psr3000
Hmmmmm!!

#114041 - 11/23/04 09:19 PM Re: PA question.
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Hi Gary

I agree with you. It made no sense to me at all, but with all the different technology out these days, I don't take anything for granted anymore.

That's one reason I love coming to this forum. The friendships are great and the collective knowledge here is invaluable.

That's why I'm always asking questions. After all, since we've got two ears and one mouth, I figure it best to listen twice as much. haha

Hi John

I have only tried it in my living room apartment so far, but from what I can tell by the short bursts of me turning it up some, I'd say it will give us that bottom for those JBL 10G2 Eon's of ours that we have needed for a larger room. They're enough to make your ears rattle! Seriously!

On the other thread I mentioned the dimensions are only 13x13.25x18. Weight is only 34 lbs. 188 watts RMS with a 10" speaker.

If I only use it for the sub, which I am still leaning towards, $300 isn't a bad price.

Good for you on the PSR3000. I think you'll really like it. Plus all of those good Technics styles are available from Joe Waters site and also the Yamaha Style forum. Most of them sound pretty good. Just think John, no more floppy disks floating around anymore.

I love my Tyros, but I often think of the smaller portability of the 3000 as being a big plus.

Happy Turkey Day,

Scott

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online