SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#113532 - 11/01/02 06:31 PM Re: Holy Crap! Check out this digital multi track recorder from Zoom!!!
BuleriaChk Offline

Loc: Santa Barbara,CA,USA
I have an MRS-1044 as a backup to my computer setup (SONAR XL2.0, Roland StudioPak, etc.) It is a very nice unit indeed...

My 1044 has the USB interface, making it very easy to achive stuff to an external hardrive (firewire) on the pc. I like the new one, though - 6 inputs instead of 2.

But I also really like the Yamaha aw16g, because of its sampling capbability; but I may wait until the next iteration for that - the samplers I've seen so far all seem to missing one show-stopper feature (differnt for each sampler. But someday someone wil get it right (hopefully, VSampler/ DR-008)

#113533 - 11/01/02 11:30 PM Re: Holy Crap! Check out this digital multi track recorder from Zoom!!!
ocomain Offline

This new machine from Zoom will sell for just under a grand...truly one hell of a good deal!

#113534 - 11/02/02 12:52 AM Re: Holy Crap! Check out this digital multi track recorder from Zoom!!!
sk880user Offline

Loc: United States
less than $1000? Now that is a good deal.

#113535 - 11/02/02 03:56 AM Re: Holy Crap! Check out this digital multi track recorder from Zoom!!!
trtjazz Offline

That is a good price, for something of this caliber.
Terry

#113536 - 11/02/02 04:27 AM Re: Holy Crap! Check out this digital multi track recorder from Zoom!!!
STAM Offline

Loc: Brussels, BELGIUM
Thank you Terry and sk880user for your answer.

The zoom seems to be a really wonderfull toy but I am not sure about the price. The MRS 1044 cd is listed at +/- 1500€ on a belgian site and I think the MRS 1266 cd will be more expensive.

STAM

#113537 - 11/02/02 05:34 AM Re: Holy Crap! Check out this digital multi track recorder from Zoom!!!
technicsplayer Offline

I had the mrs4 a couple of months to play around with. This was a 4 track battery machine that dumped on smart media flash cards and good value compared to the korg equivalent. At first I thought the sound not too good because it used compression similar to mp3 to fit on the cards. But after a while I warmed to it for a recording toy for someone with a keyboard or guitar in their bedroom who wanted a drum machine too.

Then I tried this 1044 model with the cd burner. It offers very good value indeed, the only down side was small display, and fiddly editing with the cursor buttons. But there is a lot on offer for the money. If you can record in long takes and do not need to bounce tracks too much it is fine. The other thing is they need an update to usb 2 really because usb 1.1 is a little too slow to backup huge wave files. But then you have the cd burner built in.

I only got rid of it because the keyboard now has usb audio, so burning a cd on the laptop is actually quicker and just as easy really but with the advantage of no analogue stages at all.

#113538 - 11/02/02 07:08 AM Re: Holy Crap! Check out this digital multi track recorder from Zoom!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Does anyone know if this unit (or similar units) is practical for use on a gig... playing live? Will it stop at the end of each song and does it have any kind of juke-box or song chain feature?

Thanks,
Glenn

#113539 - 11/02/02 06:18 PM Re: Holy Crap! Check out this digital multi track recorder from Zoom!!!
BuleriaChk Offline

Loc: Santa Barbara,CA,USA
As long as we're on this topic, I have an MRS-1044 (no CD) that I don't need anymore, since I no am using the Roland StudioPak have a Zoom RT-323 drum machine.

The unit includes the USB interface, and has the latest operating system and drum kits installed.

Contact me privately if you're interested;

BuleriaChk@aol.com

and maybe both of us can be happy campers...:-)

Best Regards,

Chuck

#113540 - 11/05/02 10:59 AM Re: Holy Crap! Check out this digital multi track recorder from Zoom!!!
B2 Offline

Loc: Westfield, Massachesetts, USA
Just an update...Music 123 has the basic model for $499.00 and the one with the CD burner for $799.00...Can't beat that deal...Also look at ZZounds user remarks and reviews on the recorder...also Music 123 has some reviews...Good Luck Brian

#113541 - 11/05/02 11:08 AM Re: Holy Crap! Check out this digital multi track recorder from Zoom!!!
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I bought the CD model to take with me when I moved out of the house in September. Since I will be living in "one room" situations for the next litle while .... I needed an all in one setup that allowed me to be mobile, yet functional. This has turned out to be a greatr choice. I only made a few tracks so far, but I am impressed with the unit. I recorded a guitar/vocal cover of an old Dusty Springfield song and burned it to CD .... it sounds great.
I highly recommend it ..... especially at the price !

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online