SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#113522 - 10/31/02 01:16 PM Holy Crap! Check out this digital multi track recorder from Zoom!!!
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Good Lord!!!! This would be one killer of a addition to ANY Yamaha PSR or just any keyboard in general.... The hell with a new keyboard... I think I'm going to save up for this bad boy!!!

http://www.samsontech.com/products/productpage.cfm?prodID=1658&brandID=4

You can scroll to the bottom of the screen and enlarge the pic.. (it's a really big pic too....)
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#113523 - 10/31/02 02:12 PM Re: Holy Crap! Check out this digital multi track recorder from Zoom!!!
trtjazz Offline

Nice unit with alot of nice features.
Terry

#113524 - 10/31/02 06:18 PM Re: Holy Crap! Check out this digital multi track recorder from Zoom!!!
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Squeak ,

I just bought a ZOOM 1044 recently to replace my Tascam 788 . I really dig it !

Now that MARS has closed here in Baltimore ,
Maybe I'll become a dealer !

dano

#113525 - 11/01/02 03:15 AM Re: Holy Crap! Check out this digital multi track recorder from Zoom!!!
STAM Offline

Loc: Brussels, BELGIUM
Excuse for my ignorance but,

Can someone explain to me what is the difference/advantage between this unit and a program like cubase or cakewalk??

Is it a difference in ease to use? quality of sounds? features?

Thanks in advance
STAM

#113526 - 11/01/02 04:24 AM Re: Holy Crap! Check out this digital multi track recorder from Zoom!!!
trtjazz Offline

Stam,
It's more about how one likes to work. I use Yamaha AW4416 h/d stand alone recorder. Though others that use the software all the time will probably dis agree...(BTW I have Sonar too on my PC but never use it)

Anyway for me....the AW is more straight forward and easy to use.....I push record and go. Whereas with the PC based sequencers for me there is alot more fooling around.....dropout latency problems, patches,midi or wav on and on.

What is fair to say though is the editing of a track isn't even comparable, the PC soft wins hands down. With the AW, although editing is possible it's a hassle and easier to just rerecord a mistake on a track.

So to me it's more in how you are more comfortable working. If you're an old dog like me, it's easier to do it the old way. If you were raised on computers you'll probably more likely like the PC based recording. Another real advantage to the PC based stuff is it's upgradable more easily and cheaper than buying a whole new stand alone unit. And a whole lot cheaper going in too.
jam on,
Terry

[This message has been edited by trtjazz (edited 11-01-2002).]

#113527 - 11/01/02 06:17 AM Re: Holy Crap! Check out this digital multi track recorder from Zoom!!!
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Dan0,
The 1044 is a nice recorder... Did you get the CD burner with yours? This new model is REALLY nice... Did you see how the sliders become a drum mixer? What a great machine..

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#113528 - 11/01/02 06:55 AM Re: Holy Crap! Check out this digital multi track recorder from Zoom!!!
trtjazz Offline

Anyone know the going price?
Terry

#113529 - 11/01/02 08:27 AM Re: Holy Crap! Check out this digital multi track recorder from Zoom!!!
Leon Offline

Loc: British Columbia
I read a review on this unit in "Recording Magazine". Nothing but good things to say about it.

#113530 - 11/01/02 10:08 AM Re: Holy Crap! Check out this digital multi track recorder from Zoom!!!
sk880user Offline

Loc: United States
STAM,

Here is the deal. Cubase is more powerful, flexible, expandable, with potentially better quality depending of course on the hardware.

This device is more convenient, cheaper, easier, self-contained. It is great box to do quick but decent production. Its portability allows it to be used virtually any place.

Now this box is very intereting because it has a built in rythem box and bass track. The fact that it has 20gigs harddisk (assuming that all of the 20 gigs is available for recording), CD writer, 24bit record (and hopefully at least 24 bit processing), places this machine at semi-professional level.

The cons are storage limitation, expandability limitation, cannot pick own FX plugins, limited editing and sequencing cabapability compared to a typical DAW.

#113531 - 11/01/02 11:07 AM Re: Holy Crap! Check out this digital multi track recorder from Zoom!!!
trtjazz Offline

With a 12g hard drive on the AW, here's what I have been able to get on it with room to spare.....

24 tunes average 6 minutes in length, anywhere from 6 to 16 tracks for each tune. That's alot of music and I still did not fill it up.
jam on,
Terry

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online