SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#113434 - 04/24/02 05:45 AM Recording Styles on a sequencer
macbabbi Offline

Loc: New York
Hello,
I recently began working more and more with my studio and am very comfortable with my studio setting and programming things on my sequencer (Logic Platinum). My question is, how would I record a style COMPLETELY (midi events, program changes, effect changes,etc)on the sequencer and then transfer it over to lets say my g1000 or Yamaha 9000 pro. ?
After going to the computer to record songs, going back to the keyboard seems like so much of a task since you have much more control with the sequencer. Perhaps Fran would know this answer.

Thanks in advance for your help.

-Alfred

#113435 - 04/24/02 06:41 AM Re: Recording Styles on a sequencer
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
I can help you a little with the 9000. If you don't already have it, Get Michael p Bedesem's freeware style maker for PSR. Great little piece of software. It has functions that automatically allow you to properly set up SYSEX / CASM events, ( Casm parameters can also be modified manually ) and a pitch correction function to bring all the notes into the CM7 scale ( in case your working on / modifying an existing a piece that isn't in CM7 ). It will help you place markers within your sequencer as well, which is nice if you don't have premade templates (
you don't have to type each one out ).

The software is called " Stylemaker ", and is available at http://www.svpworld.com/psr_software.htm

Scroll down to about the middle of the page and you should see it.

AJ

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online