SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#112514 - 12/02/03 06:44 AM Re: New Amplification System from Bose
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Also I wanted to mention to 'SBPC' to please delete the URL links within your previous posts because they are "too long" and cause members of this Forum to have to side scroll to read the other posts within this thread. Thank you for your consideration SBPC.

If others want to read about the L1's simply go here: www.bose.com and when you get to the main page look near the top where it says "Products for Musicians". Click that link and wait for the page to 'fully' load then click the 'Click here' link at the bottom right corner of the flash intro at the top of the page. That will take you to the info about the L1's.

Best regards,
Mike

#112515 - 12/02/03 09:23 AM Re: New Amplification System from Bose
SBPC Offline

Loc: Goleta, CA, USA
Mike,thanks for letting me know what caused my original post to "stretch." Next time I'll know what not to do.

Pro, I believe what you say about your experience with Bose speakers applies to their Acousta Mass home stereo speaker systems as well. They sound pretty impressive until you A/B them with speakers that have truly flat response and then you realize the Bose system is lacking, particularly in the mid-range.

#112516 - 12/02/03 09:46 AM Re: New Amplification System from Bose
SBPC Offline

After leaving this Forum this morning, I happened to check in on the Ketron Forum. Noticed that one of the members there recently posted the following about his experience with the new Bose system.
Paul C.

Hi Joel,
I've done away with my Roland digital mixer, Digitech harmoniser, 4
12" EV amplified 350 watt active speakers, 1 12" 300 watt EV sub. I've
replaced them all with the SD 1Plus's built in mixer and harmonizer. You have
to try the the new Bose Radiator sound system. I got the system with two
subs that stack on top of each other. The base for the two long speakers that
bayonet into each other support the tall 4" by 6' section of speakers. The
base also houses all of the electronics and built in amp. Also it comes with a
two channel small footprint mixer that sits neatly on the SD 1 plus. I
plug the L out of the SD 1 to the L in of the Bose, the R out of the SD 1 to
the R in of the Bose, connect one cable from the sub to the Bose, and another
cable connecting the two subs together. Plug in the Bose power cable in and
turn it on that is all. Set up time is 5 minutes.
The sound has blown away my 5 EV speakers.
Also, the weight of the subs is about 25 lbs each, the base is about
30 lbs. and the two tall towerspeakers weigh about 18 lbs each. It comes
with carrying bag.
I paid about $2200.00 for the tower with two subs.

#112517 - 12/03/03 06:11 AM Re: New Amplification System from Bose
rhumba Offline

Loc: Minneapolis, MN, USA
Hi SBPC,
What are the items of your Bose setup? From your post, I take it that you have TWO cylindrical radiator loudspeakers AND TWO B1 Bass Module. Is that true?

I saw Bose has the "Double Bass package - L1 Cylindrical Radiator loudspeaker" on its web site which included two bass modules and only one cylindrical loudspeaker. This package is listed for $2,299.97. From the past, I learned that Bose is very strict about keeping the retail pricing - and so, I would be even more interested in how you can get your system for $2200.00. Where did you get your system?

#112518 - 12/03/03 07:25 AM Re: New Amplification System from Bose
Dnj Offline

I gotta hear this system!!!!

#112519 - 12/03/03 09:07 AM Re: New Amplification System from Bose
SBPC Offline

rhumba, I don't own the Bose system myself. My most recent post had comments from a fellow on the Ketron Forum who owns the system. I've written him an e-mail with a number of questions I have about the system, but haven't heard back as yet. Regarding the $2200 for the double bass module system, that's what the fellow posted. I don't know any more than that.

I agree that Bose tends to be firm on their pricing. It probably means that the Guitar Centers that will be marketing these systems will likely have to hold to the Bose prices as well.
Paul C.

#112520 - 12/03/03 09:18 AM Re: New Amplification System from Bose
SBPC Offline

rhumba,
In re-reading your questions and the fellow's comments, I think I can safely say that his system consists of ONE cylindrical radiator and TWO bass modules. The cylindrical speaker consists of a base and two cylindrical units that plug together with a bayonet connection of some sort to form one column that's about six feet tall, as I recall from the Bose website. For this configuration, the $2200 is about right.
Paul C.

#112521 - 12/03/03 10:32 AM Re: New Amplification System from Bose
KN_Fan Offline

How about trying them out from Guitar Center and return it before 30 days? (just kidding guys- but I did see one at GC last week- I wasn't too impressed, especially with the price).

My family used quite a few 802s before (about four pairs plus two subs) as part of our 'mini sets' for our sound system rental. Everybody liked it.

#112522 - 12/03/03 03:39 PM Re: New Amplification System from Bose
JCkeeys Offline

Loc: St. James,New York,USA
I have seen the New Bose system at the local GC and the "Sale Price" for the system with ONE Sub is $1999.00. I did not have the opportunity to listen to it.

[This message has been edited by JCkeeys (edited 12-03-2003).]

#112523 - 12/03/03 04:20 PM Re: New Amplification System from Bose
Dnj Offline

It's on Page 55 keyboard mag DECEMBER

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online