SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#112392 - 09/18/02 12:24 PM Computer realtime style arranger software
Starkeeper Offline

Loc: Toronto
Since my PSR540 can only accomodate 3 user styles, can someone recommend a computer realtime arranger. i.e. Alexander Lotov's real time style performer. Others?

#112393 - 09/18/02 02:57 PM Re: Computer realtime style arranger software
trtjazz Offline

Star,
Have a look at Band In A Box too for arranger software.
http://www.pgmusic.com/

Terry

#112394 - 09/18/02 03:10 PM Re: Computer realtime style arranger software
DNA Offline

Loc: Fremont, CA USA
Unless it changed recently, Band in the Box is not real-time.

-David

#112395 - 09/18/02 04:04 PM Re: Computer realtime style arranger software
trtjazz Offline

David,
You're correct, it's not....just laying out some options.
Terry

#112396 - 09/19/02 05:59 AM Re: Computer realtime style arranger software
The Pro Offline

Loc: Atlanta, Georgia
Try this site:
http://soundtrek.com/

Soundtrek's JAMMER LIVE reportedly does real-time accompaniment. There is a free demo available. I haven't tried it yet but I intend to. Might be what you are looking for...

#112397 - 09/19/02 07:58 AM Re: Computer realtime style arranger software
trtjazz Offline

Pro,
That Jammer live looks very cool indeed. I wasn't too impressed with Jammer, because of a lack of styles (compared to BIAB), but this looks like it might be happenin'. Be sure to let us know what you think when you give it a try.
Terry

#112398 - 09/19/02 09:20 AM Re: Computer realtime style arranger software
Starkeeper Offline

Alexander Lotov's real time style performer will actually play Yamaha styles in real time. Will try this out soon. I believe that Jammer live, like Band-in-a-box require that you key in the chords ahead of time. Band-in-a-box is not interactive.

#112399 - 09/19/02 09:37 AM Re: Computer realtime style arranger software
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
Jammer Live is supposed to be a real time software ( I don't have it ). Jammer Pro is not ( I do have it ).

Jammer pro, like BIAB ( I have that too.. vers 11 ) , requires that you enter the chords ahead of time in step time. Both softwares will however, enter chords at random for you as well, with some parameters to control the feel in each.

I agree with Terry about the Jammer Pro styles. Many more for BIAB. Why I prefer Jammer is that I can get more realistic sounding accompaniment from it.. I've never used the internal styles in Jammer, always preferring to build my own. It's a breeze to do in Jammer, and the software allows me to build custom patch lists for my synths. Style creation in Jammer is completely different from BIAB. BIAB style creation requires recorded pieces of midi files, much like arranger patterns. Jammer uses several algorithim schemes that allow as little or as much control as the user wants over the actual notes played in a style.

What I don't know is whether you can use Jammer pro created user styles in Jammer Live.. Does anyone else know whether this is possible ?

Other software to look at includes The "Midi Wizard " or Midibrains. Not real time creation either but an interesting software to create patterns with. I also use Pump Beta from Bram bros and the "Jazz" sequencer. All 3 of these can do some accompaniment creation ( Pump requires you to enter the notes on a grid like other drum machines, but works on non drum tracks too ).
All 3 are now freeware as well.

Some of the algo software available is cool too.. such as " music in the numbers " and fract music 2000. At times I've used these almost as "quasi" arpeggiators.

AJ

[This message has been edited by Bluezplayer (edited 09-19-2002).]

#112400 - 09/19/02 11:13 AM Re: Computer realtime style arranger software
Vquestor Offline

Do a search on this forum for "flr2002".
Mr.Rosenthal is our resident expert for real time arranger software, and he's tried
them all.

#112401 - 09/19/02 02:14 PM Re: Computer realtime style arranger software
Starkeeper Offline

If I purchased "Live Styler" or "Real time Style Performer". The styles would be voiced by the PSR540 not the computer. The computer handles the MIDI and Styler software only. What would be the minimum system requirements to avoid latency problems?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online