SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#112193 - 05/18/03 04:27 AM PSR2000:edit chord events?
sylion Offline

how can i edit auto-accompaniment chord events after a song was already recorded with quick mode?
I can not see the chord list in song create->CHD page.

thanks.

#112194 - 05/18/03 06:41 AM Re: PSR2000:edit chord events?
Will Stewart Offline

Loc: Scotland
You won't see the chord list on the CHD page unless you step record your song.
I don't think it is possible to edit your chords using quick record.
If it is possible I'd like to know how also.

Will

#112195 - 05/18/03 06:29 PM Re: PSR2000:edit chord events?
Joe Waters Offline

Loc: Sterling, VA USA
If you are using Quick Record, usually the right hand is recorded in Ch 1 and the left hand in Ch 2. Record your song then go to the Song Creator and move to the tab that is titled "1-16". It will be showing Ch 1. You'll see the timing of the notes on the left and the actual notes played. If you move to Ch 2, again you will see the timing on the left, but you will notice that there will be three to four notes played at the same time. That is the chord you played. You will see the three or four notes in the chord. YOU DO NOT SEE A CHORD SYMBOL. If you played C7 and meant to play Cmaj7, you could find the offending note Bb and change it to a B. But finding and editing chords this way can be very tedious. I find it much easier to simply record the song again.

#112196 - 05/18/03 07:31 PM Re: PSR2000:edit chord events?
sylion Offline

thx.
i will look in it.
the manual is too simple.

#112197 - 05/19/03 08:43 AM Re: PSR2000:edit chord events?
Will Stewart Offline

Loc: Scotland
Joe
While it is easy enough to alter a note or two in Ch. 2 for example, you would still have to alter most of the other accompaniment tracks 11 - 16 also, which isn't quite so easy and would be very tedious as you say.
I'm not 100% sure, but I believe in XG Works you may be able to change or insert chords just by typing in the correct one.

All the best

Will

BTW. Sorry haven't contributed much to your performers pages lately, will sort out a few new songs shortly.

Will

#112198 - 05/19/03 09:51 AM Re: PSR2000:edit chord events?
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
hi Sylion:

As far as I know, it's NOT possible to move, delete, or change 'chord name' data from within the Yamaha arranger keyboard itself.

The ONLY way you can edit the 'chord names' (Yamaha XF data) is by loading a PSR2000 produced song file (.mid) into the Yamaha proprietary midi sequencing program called XGWorks:
http://www.yamaha.co.uk/xg/html/midplug/m_mid10.htm

Yamaha arrangers (PSR2000, Tyros, 9000pro, etc) utilize auto accomp 'chord data' only recognized by Yamaha's "XGWorks" software. Currently no other midi sequencing programs (Cakewalk Sonar, Logic Audio, Cubase, etc)recognize Yamaha exclusive XF Meta Event data, though there is rumor that a software 'plug in' is currently being developed for Cakewalk Sonar which will add 'XF Meta Event' support Sonar sometime in the near future.

With XGWorks, the auto accomp 'chord names' (C7, F7, Cm7, etc) is displayed in a separate track (alongside the other standard midi tracks), and you can edit the chord name, move the location of the chord, or delete the chord name event entirely.

Hope this helps.

Scott

#112199 - 05/19/03 11:51 AM Re: PSR2000:edit chord events?
Joe Waters Offline

Loc: Sterling, VA USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Will Stewart:
Joe
While it is easy enough to alter a note or two in Ch. 2 for example, you would still have to alter most of the other accompaniment tracks 11 - 16 also, which isn't quite so easy and would be very tedious as you say.

I thought of that, Will, right after hitting the send button on my post. You're right of course. I believe that's why I gave up on any attempt to "fix" an errant chord on the PSR2000 itself.

#112200 - 05/19/03 09:52 PM Re: PSR2000:edit chord events?
sylion Offline

OK,i see.
thanks all of you.
i have XGworks 3.05,i will try it.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online