SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#112138 - 10/18/07 11:22 AM Re: Psr 3000, Roland E50 face to face
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
The G70 also keeps you in good physical shape..

Chico, you mean like my "roadie"..

[This message has been edited by Fran Carango (edited 10-18-2007).]

#112139 - 10/18/07 11:26 AM Re: Psr 3000, Roland E50 face to face
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
And My lower priced tag G70 has many more features than the higher priced Tyros2...Go figure..

The dismal sales of the G70 also played a part in it's lower price according to my sources.

The G70 has different features than the Tyros2...not "many more"...both have their strengths and weaknesses...and their loyal followers.

Ultimately, it's what each does for the player, both aurally and in tactile feedback that will determine that person's choice.

Ian

#112140 - 10/18/07 12:22 PM Re: Psr 3000, Roland E50 face to face
ChicoBrasil Offline

Loc: Belo Horizonte,Minas Gerais,Br...
Fortunately each one has a taste.
I prefer Yamahas
Mr. Fran prefer Rolands
I prefer to post a girl pic ...

#112141 - 10/18/07 01:00 PM Re: Psr 3000, Roland E50 face to face
Fran Carango Offline

G70:

Low impedance jack for mic , with separate vocal outs..

Microscopic edits for sequences and styles.

Make up tools for styles and sequences..

Half measure fills and ritardo features..

Real drawbar organ module..

Guitar mode..

Touch screen..

SMF to style converter..

Lyric edit capable for sequences..

These are just a few extras on the G70[without mentioning extended areas of the same features as the Harmonizer, fills [6]..etc]..

Tyros2.

Record to hard drive..

Text feature..

How many options constitute many?

Ian , you may not want to rely on your "sources" too much..

The reason sales were down on the G70, because of the marketing decision to use only the CK dealers..instead of the IM dealers.
.Also CK dealer products always have a higher list price, as the dealers have always made a better mark of profit..
Thus the drop from $4,995 list to $3,995..after the decision to market the G70 in IM stores..

#112142 - 10/18/07 01:09 PM Re: Psr 3000, Roland E50 face to face
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
The INITIAL MSRP and street price of the G70 was still about $500 less that a T2. It was ALWAYS higher priced that the G70...

Mind you when first announced, before shifting sales to the CK division and their overpriced Atelier and KR dealers, the G70 was going to be nearly a grand cheaper than those bloodsucking leaches made it...

Just be grateful, Ian, that Yamaha didn't follow suit, and only allow PSRs and Tyros2's in Yamaha dealers that mainly sold $40,000 Yamaha pianos, and make no requirement that they even be in stock!

There never WAS anything wrong with G70's, even from the start (got mine happily during OS1), and the upgrades have only made it better. But Roland's MARKETING... That gets an F minus. A child of ten could have figured out why they were languishing in the sales figures, but a big corporation? It couldn't POSSIBLY be their fault, could it, now?

#112143 - 10/18/07 01:23 PM Re: Psr 3000, Roland E50 face to face
ianmcnll Offline

Hi Fran,

Still up to your old tricks and still wanting to initiate another contest of how far urine can travel.

Sorry pal, but I have much more important things to do.

Why can't you just be happy with your little keyboard and spend some time playing it?

Ian

#112144 - 10/18/07 01:43 PM Re: Psr 3000, Roland E50 face to face
Fran Carango Offline

Ian, I only answered your "not many" response..No problem here..

#112145 - 10/18/07 02:01 PM Re: Psr 3000, Roland E50 face to face
ianmcnll Offline

Diki,

There probably wasn't anything "wrong" with the G70 other than it being what it is....

The G70 seems to be regarded as a home keyboard by some, especially the pros, and a pro keyboard only by Roland and a few users like yourself.

Yamaha went through similar issues with the PSR-9000 Pro...gee, if you have to put the name "pro" on it...

A keyboard with auto-accompaniment will always scream "home keyboard" to the pros, and even though Keyboard Magazine features arrangers, the stigma is still strong and alive.

It's tough marketing an instrument like the G70 because it has no on-board speakers(at least the Tyros had them as optional attachments)so it must be a pro piece, yet it has auto-accompaniment so it must be for the amateur or home user.

Quite a dilemma...no wonder it didn't sell well.

Ian

#112146 - 10/18/07 02:12 PM Re: Psr 3000, Roland E50 face to face
ChicoBrasil Offline

Loc: Belo Horizonte,Minas Gerais,Br...
Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
Ian, I only answered your "not many" response..No problem here..

My topic is just about Psr3000 X E50 .I didn't write about G70 and other pros kbs made for Pro musicians.We was discussing about home kbds that eventually can be performed by pros, no more.

#112147 - 10/18/07 02:22 PM Re: Psr 3000, Roland E50 face to face
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
It's a LOT tougher selling a keyboard if you price it out of reach, AND don't have it anywhere for people to look at.

But your form factor argument ignores an important point... What was one of Roland's most popular arrangers ever? Yes, the G1000. No speakers, 76 notes, 38 lbs.

If these things were TRULY a detriment to arranger players, then IT wouldn't have been popular, either. But it was, and still remains one of Roland's best arrangers. Why was it SO much more successful than the G70? I honestly believe my pricing and availability issues are the REAL reason, not that, all of a sudden, all those G1000 fans decided that they really DID need speakers, and a lousy 61 note keyboard, and suddenly were incapable of lifting more than 25 lbs!

And your reference to 'pros' not wanting to use arrangers at all ignores the MANY, many working ARRANGER users out there. Are we not 'pros'? Do we not need keyboards built to WS quality? Pros come in all flavors. Sad to say, Yamaha arrangers DON'T.

Like I said, Ian, just be grateful that Yamaha have their MARKETING a lot more together than Roland. Or you would have to sit and listen to US tell you the reason PSRs are not selling well is because of the shoddy construction... while all the time knowing that if they were just MARKETED right....

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online