SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#112057 - 07/30/06 08:57 AM Re: Terrific Discovery: Tyros2 sounds fine thru a SINGLE mono PA Speaker now !
Craig_UK Offline

Loc: UK
Glad I'm of some use on here then Scott lmao, well my voices ;}
Hope Scott L likes the piano, with your edited reverb and chorus settings.
If we can make the T2 even better than it already is, it's all good stuff.

#112058 - 07/30/06 11:03 AM Re: Terrific Discovery: Tyros2 sounds fine thru a SINGLE mono PA Speaker now !
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by Craig_UK:
Glad I'm of some use on here then Scott

Craig, your voice editing talent as well as generousity in sharing them, is greatly appreciated. I suspect if I hadn't received your custom piano voices, I may never have ever bothered to test the T2 piano samples going out stereo & mono as I did, and still be continuing to drag around two (2) PA speakers to every gig.

The Bose PAS or Electro Voice SxA360's now HEAD the top of my 'next PA' to upgade to list. - Scott

[This message has been edited by Scottyee (edited 07-30-2006).]

#112059 - 07/30/06 11:22 AM Re: Terrific Discovery: Tyros2 sounds fine thru a SINGLE mono PA Speaker now !
Craig_UK Offline

Loc: UK
Orrr thanks for the kind words Scott, you've made me feel embarrassed now hehe

#112060 - 08/06/06 07:24 PM Re: Terrific Discovery: Tyros2 sounds fine thru a SINGLE mono PA Speaker now !
Scott Langholff Online   content

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Made a discovery by accident the other day. I was playing around on the Tyros 2 for some company, thought it sounded fine, I was using a lot of piano, but the Smooth Tine sounded funny. So I turned it off and on a few times and reset it. Didn't change it. I thought it had something to do with me experimenting with midi bass pedals and thought I just screwed up some setting or that I had a glich going.

Come to find out, one of the speakers somehow got unplugged and I was playing in mono out of one speaker coming out of L/L&R and didn't know it.

I had been experimenting making my own custom piano sounds and they sounded fine. But the Smooth Tine, which to me is a very beautiful voice and one I like to use is absolutely unusable as is.

It'd be interesting to see how it sounds through a Bose L1 going into channels 3 & 4, I believe are supposed to be the better sounding for a stereo effect. I imagine that would clear up the sound for the Smooth Tine.

Scott

[This message has been edited by Scott Langholff (edited 08-06-2006).]

#112061 - 08/06/06 09:53 PM Re: Terrific Discovery: Tyros2 sounds fine thru a SINGLE mono PA Speaker now !
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by Scott Langholff:
the Smooth Tine sounded funny. So I turned it off and on a few times and reset it. Didn't change it.I had been experimenting making my own custom piano sounds and they sounded fine. But the Smooth Tine, which to me is a very beautiful voice and one I like to use is absolutely unusable as is.

ScottL: I believe the reason the piano voices sound fine, yet the specific Tyros2 preset voice: "Smooth Tine" sounds bad is because (unlike most other T2 stereo & mono voices) it incorporates in the sample itself, an UNUSUAL 'special phase efx' to cause the sound (voice) to rapidly & continously pan back & forth between the extreme left and right channels. I seriously doubt going out mono, even thru the Bose L1 will (compared to a regular mono speaker) improve the sound much, but I'm of course anxious for DonM or another Tyros2 owner to report back their finding of how Tyros2's E.Piano family voice: "Smooth Tine" heard thru the Bose L1 compares to heard thru traditional stereo speakers or stereo headphones. - Scott

[This message has been edited by Scottyee (edited 08-06-2006).]

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online