SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#111735 - 10/15/02 08:15 PM Re: Why are most keyboards arriving late in U.S.?
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I have a Ford Aerostar.
DonM

#111736 - 10/15/02 10:44 PM Re: Why are most keyboards arriving late in U.S.?
Ohrenarzt Offline

Make sure that bugs are ironed out and that the American market is ready?

Sorry, that is a serious overestimation on the importance of the US market. The entire US sell less high-end portable keyboards than for example Denmark. It is an unimportant market. Like George Kaye said: You have to wait.
Or: Buy more when they arrive and you get them earlier the next time.

#111737 - 10/16/02 09:04 AM Re: Why are most keyboards arriving late in U.S.?
Starkeeper Offline

Loc: Toronto
Ohrenarzt,
If what you say is true, this means Americans have either less disposable income for keyboards or are less sophisticated then Danes.
Kevin

#111738 - 10/16/02 01:16 PM Re: Why are most keyboards arriving late in U.S.?
Douglas Dean Offline

Loc: Prospect Heights IL USA
Neither!!

Most Americans are trying to keep up with the Jones'. Mr. Jones is too busy making money. His wife never has enough so she works. The kids have no direction. When anybody is home they are worn out and want something to entertain them after they go to the restaurant because nobody had the time to get groceries. Therefore the Jones never had the time to learn how to play the keyboard so why should Mr. Jones buy one. Mr. Jones goes to the music store and purchases a shinny new grand piano for the front room to show off his wealth when he throws a party for his wealthy friends hoping to climb the social latter. They invite me over to play their grand piece of furniture. If its real good music they would like to hear, I suggest I might consider bringing my KN over for maybe a little dancing and such. That sheet of plastic with lots of buttons? Forget it, doesn't match the decor. Maybe your sax, that drummer and bass player of yours we had so much fun with over at the so and so's a couple of months ago. That would be nice. We'll go down to the party room after you play our piano. Ya! Lets do it.

The poorer people and the common middle class working stiff? The scenario of maxed out credit cards and watching their forty eight inch super theater surround sound digital ready TV is all they have time for. Give me my beer, my TV and the ball game with a bag of popcorn and I got it made. That's life in the midwest suburban Chicago land area. There are a few of us who have not been trapped and enjoy life to it's fullest. We live among all the life styles but have chosen not to conform. There are others like us in the US who love to entertain rather than be entertained and those are the people who spark the keyboard industry as well as many retired folks who like to experience fulfillment of a life long dream. Also as a fantastic way to relax and have purpose in life. I believe our life style here has a lot to do with the amount of keyboards sold here.

Just a few thoughts of light from an old man who’s light will go out in a few more years.

Grandpa Doug

Just to let you know, I have loved every minute of it!!

#111739 - 10/16/02 07:12 PM Re: Why are most keyboards arriving late in U.S.?
sk880user Offline

Loc: United States
Doug,

I am impressed.

God bless

#111740 - 10/17/02 07:01 AM Re: Why are most keyboards arriving late in U.S.?
Douglas Dean Offline

Loc: Prospect Heights IL USA
sk,

Thanks much.

Gramps

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online