SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#111715 - 10/14/02 08:33 AM Why are most keyboards arriving late in U.S.?
Sam Noels Offline

Loc: New York
I'm not the smartest person... But from all messages I read from you guys, I discover that most keyboards from Yamaha, Roland and others are available in UK, for example, months before they arriving to the US. Why is it?

#111716 - 10/14/02 08:38 AM Re: Why are most keyboards arriving late in U.S.?
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
we alway get them last.... Sad but true, and we also don't have some models available to the US as well. Plus this whole thing on the West Coast has held up keyboards coming here to the US...

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#111717 - 10/14/02 09:00 AM Re: Why are most keyboards arriving late in U.S.?
trtjazz Offline

With the keyboards being amnufactured overseas, it stands to reason they would get them first. Doesn't it? Italy and Japan seem to be the two biggies on manufacturing them.
Terry

#111718 - 10/14/02 12:40 PM Re: Why are most keyboards arriving late in U.S.?
jus Offline

Loc: UK
I reckon its because they charge more for them here in the UK compared to USA so they are happy to meet demand. If its 1000 dollars in America its usually 1000 pounds in UK.

#111719 - 10/14/02 12:53 PM Re: Why are most keyboards arriving late in U.S.?
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
You know this is a good topic.. Were in the world are the American made keyboards??? Why are all the keyboards made in Japan, China, and other countries? It's time an American company stood up and started producing top quality keyboards both synths and arrangers for the US market.. It's not like we don't have the technology...

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#111720 - 10/14/02 01:10 PM Re: Why are most keyboards arriving late in U.S.?
dlstarry Offline

Loc: MN. U.S.A.
HI:
I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed !!!!!!!!!
But I think if we had a American made KB
we wouldn't be able to afford one anyway.
Just my 1 cent worth.
But it is to bad we don't have a good KB
company in the USA, & sold them for a reasonable
price.
Denny

#111721 - 10/14/02 02:04 PM Re: Why are most keyboards arriving late in U.S.?
Lou Y Offline

Loc: NY USA
squeak_D,
Just my opinion, and I'm not trying to open a can of worms but.... I believe the USA is one of the wealthiest countries in the world and any product that will sell and is of decent quality will be here for us to have. If it's not here then maybe it isn't going to be lucrative enough to bother with the import. As far as US production...what can I say.... again, just my opinion.
Lou

[This message has been edited by Lou Y (edited 10-14-2002).]

#111722 - 10/14/02 04:42 PM Re: Why are most keyboards arriving late in U.S.?
DannyUK Offline

it just wouldnt compete well IMO. the market is very crowded as it is with some other manufacturers perhaps not getting the recognition they deserve as a result anyway, eg, GeneralMusic. with another brand about, i think it would totally be ignored, especially in Europe and Japan where the biggies are already established and wont be moved... IMO of course...

#111723 - 10/14/02 05:29 PM Re: Why are most keyboards arriving late in U.S.?
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
We get arranger keyboards after Europe because we don't buy as many as they do. So, who do you want to upset? those who buy the most or those that buy the least? Our US dealers don't order the numbers the European dealers buy. We have to wait!
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

#111724 - 10/14/02 05:47 PM Re: Why are most keyboards arriving late in U.S.?
Douglas Dean Offline

Loc: Prospect Heights IL USA
No American made keyboards?

Lou Y Quote: “I'm not trying to open a can of worms. As far as US production...what can I say”---

I don’t have any canned worms to open, just to let out a couple of bugs that are bugging me.

Quality.
Pride in workmanship.
Morals.
Motivation to excel.
Excellent educational system.
Trust.
One’s word is as good as gold.

All these qualities plus many more I can think of are suffering corruption. Why? GREED? I think greed is the basic root of our problems in this country.

No American made keyboards? Greed! Have them made in another country, suck the blood from cheap labor and make big bucks. Quality? Use the cheapest stuff and let’s make more money. Workmanship? Crap, need more money, more benefits, more time off, etcetera, etcetera and etcetera. Morals? Forget it, lets do what’s necessary to make more money. Motivation? Easy! More and more money to feed our greed, that’s motivating!! Excellent education? First things first, lets raise taxes to raise our salaries, our benefits and more time off to spend it. Just lower the standards and the kids will pass and the parents will be happy. Besides, they cant fire us! Trust?? Ha, Ha and Ha Ha. Tell them anything to get their money. Word good as gold? What is that? I can’t even remember what I said so how can I keep my word! Besides I went to the Chicago school system and passed. Believe me, take my word for it!! Look! I’m a success!! Got a few bucks in my pocket besides my thirteen credit cards, and two of them are not even maxed out yet. Greedy? Not me!!!

Why can’t I find an American made keyboard??? Better quit before I get greedy and use up all the space on this forum. I think Ruthie is getting a bit greedy. She wants to use more of my time so she can spend it with me. She has all my money, now she wants more of my time. How greedy can you get?

Grandpa Doug

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online