SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#111489 - 01/19/05 05:55 AM Starting s web page.
Guardman2001 Offline

Loc: USA
Hello Everybody. I would like to start my own web page to promote my music. Any suggestions? I don't have a host or anything yet. Thanks

[This message has been edited by Guardman2001 (edited 01-19-2005).]

#111490 - 01/19/05 06:25 AM Re: Starting s web page.
tigerfool Offline

Loc: kingston, RI USA
better tell us what is the purpose and what contents you will provide.

#111491 - 01/19/05 07:16 AM Re: Starting s web page.
eddiefromrotherham Offline

Loc: Rotherham,England.
Hi
As you can imagine there are lots and lots of possibilities for hosting your website.
There are ones you pay for and also those which come free if you subscribe to their hosting package.
I personally have two separate websites, one I pay for and one I don't pay any extra for.
The first is a company from which I bought my domain name (www.yamahakeyboards.info) who also hosts my website. For this I pay about £30 ($50) per year and it is very efficient and supportive.( I also get free wemail addresses)
The second is a Webserver which I use just about all the time to surf and at the same time I get a free 250MB website domain, which for me is ample space.
In fact , what I am able to do is to use the free webspace offered by the second server by using the exact same makeup of my paid-for site and it goes under another domain name (www.music2myears.plus.com).
I personally would not hesitate to recommend the latter. It has a great service with lots of extra features too many to list here.
It is Plusnet, based in UK, but with lots of world wide customers. It can be reached for information by going to any of my websites mentioned above and clicking on the banner at the top of the page. I have no qualms about giving this advice simply because I am so happy with it.They of course give instructions how to make up your website and launching it.
Hope this gives you a start in your learning curve.
You will see that most of my website is about music anyway

------------------
Eddie from Rotherham
www.yamahakeyboards.info

[This message has been edited by eddiefromrotherham (edited 01-19-2005).]

#111492 - 01/19/05 08:54 AM Re: Starting s web page.
Tony Rome Offline

Loc: Cozumel Mexico
Talk to Pennywizz6....he is a member here and this is what he does for a living plus, he offers discounts to the forum members....
check him out....he seems like a nice enough guy.....

#111493 - 01/20/05 05:15 PM Re: Starting s web page.
Riceroni9 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
Hi Guardman:

If you only plan to promote your songs/music and don't intend to allow downloads, the best site going is MusicPlaces.com where you can display your wares for free or, if you want star treatment, you can pay a little extra. (We chose the free route and have been quite happy.) Our website (which allows downloads) is also linked to MusicPlaces so our clients can either listen or download.
The key contact there is Wayne Fetherbay. Good Luck, regardless. Check out DemoSongSite.com to see our website.

#111494 - 01/20/05 05:38 PM Re: Starting s web page.
Pennywizz6 Offline

Loc: Shakopee, MN, USA
Thanks for the affilitaion Tony

I do offer completely custom website designing and hosting for very cheap. Feel free to e-mail me (phil@ride4painfilms.com) for the complete run-down.

Thanks,

Phil

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online